Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2012, 09:38 PM   #16
LuLuO
I am against mandatory fun

First Years Ignite. It is easy to fold, holds up to 50 pounds, easy to steer, reclines, nice size basket, some models have mesh pockets on the side, a parent organizer with zipper. We used them on two Disney trips and use them at home. Love them.
"When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say, 'Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.' To this day, especially in times of disaster, I remember my mother’s words, and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers–so many caring people in this world." - Fred Rogers
LuLuO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:18 PM   #17
tkitty
DIS Veteran

Dh and I are taking our 51/2 yr old DGD on this trip and know for the sake of our sanity we would want a stroller. My DGD can get very cranky and even though she does'nt use a stroller, there is a lot of walking, and possible long days. I've tried the $10 strollers and they are too short, uncomfortable to push and don't push easily, imo. So I was watching Craigslist for a good used stroller more suited to a larger child. I was very lucky to find a Macleran Triumph for $30. This seems to be perfect and I could even bring it back and sell it for more than I paid!
Grew up near DL-Disneyland grad nite jr hi 1973-High school 1976 *1999 Land & Sea pkg - Contemporary/Disney*2005 First Disneyland trip with Grandson*2006 WDW Aug. POFQ*2008 Disneyland trip (first for granddaugter)*WDW-OKW & ASMu Oct 2009*Best DL trip ever May 2010* 1st MHP-DL! Oct 2011* OKW/POFQ Grandkids trip Oct 2012 * 1st DisDiva DL trip 2014!

tkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-19-2012, 12:03 PM   #18
JStiffler
Mouseketeer

My DD will be 5 when we go and we are also bringing an umbrella stroller for WDW as well as the airport. It will help get us around much quicker and help her last longer thru the day. Good luck and enjoy your trip!
JStiffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:04 PM   #19
Andrea464
Mouseketeer

Our DD was 4 when we went. She walked almost everywhere. She did zonk out on the buses though. It was great to not feel tied down to a stroller!
June 2013: DisneyLand with my family & sister's family!
December 2014: 1st Cruise (Dream) with WDW stay at AKL
Andrea464 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:54 PM   #20
sturowski
Mouseketeer

Mine are 4 and 6 and I will be bringing one in September for the youngest at least. We used it alot last year when they were 3 and 5.
sturowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 02:06 PM   #21
SweetMissy
DIS Veteran

You can either rent one at each park or rent one from an outside company. The ones from the park are pretty crappy though, so we always rent. We've rented from magic strollers and kingdom strollers. I wear our baby most of the time, but we're still going to rent a single for those tired whining moments and to change the baby. We had a good experience with both companies.
Pop Century...3/2006!
All Star Movies...1/2011!
Pop Century...2/2012
All Star Movies...4/2013
AKL-Kidani Villas...5/2014
All Star Sports...2/2015 (just me and hubby)
SweetMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 03:49 PM   #22
NatNatsMommy
Earning My Ears

I would recommend renting one from an offsite company like orlando strollers or I heard apple strollers (?) is having a special right now. I think that would be best so you don't have to lug one for your trip but you will have one for use at the park, hotel, downtown disney and anywhere else you would like to go even if your child doesn't ride in it all the time you will defiently glad you had a stroller with you because all kids seem to get tired later in the day..
Old 03-13-2013, 04:12 PM   #23
DznyPrnces
Mouseketeer

I would. My DD doesn't nap anymore, and hasn't used a stroller at home in 2 years. But when we are at Disneyland she does occasionally use the stroller and she still naps in it. On our trip to Disneyland last month she hopped in her brother's stroller and fell asleep, even though the rest of the day she walked. I've rented a double for our trip to WDW in May.
Old 03-15-2013, 05:55 PM   #24
Juliann1024
Earning My Ears

absolutely!

My daughter will be 4 1/2 when we go for the 1st time and I am thinking she wouldnt make it from the parking lot to the front gate without needing to sit down. We have brought a small umbrella on other day trips and havent regretted it. My 6 yr old will be fine, he is a trooper as long as you give him a break every once in awhile, but my daughter the princess needs a special carriage. I am almost positive she will nap too. Even though we dont do those things at home, I would rather have it then have to rent it because she is melting down from walking
have a great trip!
Juliann1024 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: