Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2012, 07:18 AM   #76
TheRustyScupper
Average Banjo Picker and Fairly Good Sailing Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaytieeldr View Post
. . . Side note: you're right, there's no such thing as a free lunch, somebody pays. Interestingly, Walt Disney World doesn't offer free dining. Never has. It's always been "dining plan free with your [nondiscounted] package". Nobody's subsidizing anyone. It's all in the accounting. If anything, the guests are "subsidizing" themselves.
1) Correct.
2) And, as a surprise to many, "free dining" is in the hotel room cost.
3) The restaurants nor the parks pay for free dining.
4) This is paid directly by the individual resort.
5) So, it is already built into your room fee.
6) And, it comes off the profit margin of the hotel General Manager.
7) This is also why there are different amounts of packages at each hotel.
8) And, some hotels may not even offer free dining for some room categories.
TheRustyScupper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:19 AM   #77
VbChristy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyStarWisher View Post
I'm hoping someone can post the updated menu today. We are going the first week of October and are trying to decide if we keep this ADR or not.
Hey there- Post # 863 has the menu pictured- http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post46199154

Sadly, I have just canceled my ADR for my last day staying at the property- we choose it so my husband could have the skillet for lunch. Hopefully they will see the trend for the cancellations and see that people wanted choices. They need to be careful about the "burn and turn" attitude that Disney appears to be adopting. For the price we are paying for the food/experience it should be about relaxing, enjoyment.
VbChristy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-19-2012, 08:33 AM   #78
LunaCup
1 cruise away from Gold Castaway Club Membership!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VbChristy View Post
Hey there- Post # 863 has the menu pictured- http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post46199154

Sadly, I have just canceled my ADR for my last day staying at the property- we choose it so my husband could have the skillet for lunch. Hopefully they will see the trend for the cancellations and see that people wanted choices. They need to be careful about the "burn and turn" attitude that Disney appears to be adopting. For the price we are paying for the food/experience it should be about relaxing, enjoyment.
This is the correct lunch menu. The dinner menu appears to not have been posted yet.

Also, Disney is able to change their menus twice a year so there is a possibility that other restaurants could have changes too but WCC is probably the biggest menu change.

DCL:
Disney Magic Aug. '08 7 night
Disney Wonder Mar. '07 4 night
Disney Wonder May '07 3 night
Disney Wonder Sept. '08 3 night
LunaCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:37 AM   #79
lilstint
DIS Veteran

Location: Niskayuna, New York, Bolton Landing on Lake George, SSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaWen View Post
Exactly! The next time someone asks why are folks so negative on the dining plan...remember this change.
Take out the salad and add a dessert? Now THAT'S a surprise. How on earth did Disney let the green on this menu escape them for so long????

Come with me where you'll never, never have to worry about grown up things again - Peter Pan
lilstint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:11 AM   #80
HadesTX
Whoa. Is my hair out?

The pulled pork spring rolls made the menu... yay! DH will mourn the missing venison chili & I will miss the lunch skillet.

Everything we had there back in September was excellent (as was the service), it ended up being our favorite meal. Not sure we will do the skillet at night, but I do like the options they have for it. Was the new price posted? (If so I missed it.)

WL 12/13
POR 9/11
POR 10/10
CBR 06/07
GF 02/98
Off site 7/87
HadesTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:37 AM   #81
kaytieeldr
Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - but NOT the people who make them - since 2012

Location: There is no Pixie Dust on the Transportation Board!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaCup View Post
This is the correct lunch menu. The dinner menu appears to not have been posted yet.

Also, Disney is able to change their menus twice a year so there is a possibility that other restaurants could have changes too but WCC is probably the biggest menu change.
But the dinner platter (replaces skillet) description from AllEars is provided in post 862 of that thread.
kaytieeldr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:46 AM   #82
tkme4ard
Merry Christmas!

what is the dessert platter (sorry if its already been asked)
Old 09-19-2012, 10:52 AM   #83
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Hey the lunch looks pretty good. And alcoholic shakes.

Haven't seen any lunch dessert menu posted, or any description of the dinner dessert sampler. Or anything about vegetarian/vegan alternatives at dinner, except for the vegetable sides. There's a mixed green salad on the lunch menu.

The lunch menu does mention only three flavors of milkshake - chocolate, vanilla and stawberry. Am I correct in thinking that they had more flavors available previously?

The dining plan is a symptom, not a cause. It is part of the streamlining of WDW restaurants, but didn't cause it.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:05 AM   #84
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
Hey the lunch looks pretty good. And alcoholic shakes.

Haven't seen any lunch dessert menu posted, or any description of the dinner dessert sampler. Or anything about vegetarian/vegan alternatives at dinner, except for the vegetable sides. There's a mixed green salad on the lunch menu.

The lunch menu does mention only three flavors of milkshake - chocolate, vanilla and stawberry. Am I correct in thinking that they had more flavors available previously?

The dining plan is a symptom, not a cause. It is part of the streamlining of WDW restaurants, but didn't cause it.
They had a orange shake when we went a few years back

Many Trips Before DS
Sept- Poly CL (DS 1st Trip & DH B-Day)
May- AK Jumbo/SSR (DS B-Day & 1st FG and SWW)
Nov/Dec-BLT LV (DS 1st MVMCP)
Wanna be Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:56 AM   #85
chocolateMinnie
DIS Veteran

Seen the update on allears and looks ok for us - waiting to see the app and dessert choices though. thanks again to the OP for the update

chocolateMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:01 PM   #86
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

Can't wait to see Dinner Menu!

Love WCC and we will return.

POR June 2006 POP May/June 2008 CBR Pirate Room & BC May/June 2009 Vero Beach & CSR & AKV Kidani May/June 2010 BLT Oct 2010 BWV March/April 2011 AKV Kidani Dec 2011 BCV/BLT June 2013
WL CL & AKV - Jambo Studio CL March/April2014 AKV Kidani June 2016

June 2013 Dining Report PTR Spring Break 2014
AlohaAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:53 PM   #87
perdidobay
Will work for travel ;-)
Needs rescuing from Chunky Monkey!!!!

I'm sad to see the salad gone (loved it) but I'll console myself with Pa's Maple Shake, that sounds nice.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:01 PM   #88
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

We love, love, love the WL. DH "won't let us" stay anywhere else

But, we've never been a huge fan of WCC and now with the platter only menu for dinner... No thank you. Not a fan of a bunch of food slapped on a plate. And really, how much does lettuce cost? Bad choice Disney.
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

CuteAsMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:05 PM   #89
Jiminy'sGirl
DIS Veteran

Has breakfast changed?
Old 09-19-2012, 05:21 PM   #90
DisneyStarWisher
Love My DVC!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VbChristy View Post

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. After looking at the menu, I'm more disappointed! This will be our last TS meal at Disney, and I feel it will be a sad way to end. My DH LOVES WCC, and we were going just for the skillets. I plan on sharing the menu with him and letting him decide if we go or cancel. If we cancel, I just don't know what to replace it with. We will be staying at VWL and will be going into MK at 4:00. We really just wanted to hang out at the resort and enjoy it that morning and early afternoon. We will have a car though and could possibly drive somewhere. I was just wanting to avoid that, if possible.

DisneyStarWisher is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: