Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-19-2012, 09:05 AM   #11
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Good morning everyone! Sing along with me-

"The best part of wakin up, is bacon in your cup!"

I've had that stuck in my head for 3 days- so, good luck with that, Kara!

We started our dinner at Enchanted Garden with some rolls-Multi-grain Loaf and Country Current Bread with Chickpea-Garlic Purée

YIKES!!! Sorry about the overexposure! I love this picture of Cammie-

So then Kara had-North Atlantic Lobster Ravioli With Roasted Garlic and Sweet Basil in a light Tomato Broth

I chose Ahi Tuna and Avocado Tower With Crispy Noodles and Wasabi Dressing and it was fabulous!

Joan had Thyme and Garlic Brioche Filled with Chanterelle, Hedgehog and Black Trumpet Mushrooms and Leek Stew in a light Buttermilk Cream

Did Cammie have it too? Between courses, Kara explained the snoring situation in the cabin-

Click to play-

And then we learned about the south...and NJ....

click to play-

For entrees, I had Pan-seared Sea Bass With Saffron and Fennel Risotto with a Sweet Chili Glaze

I think Cammie (and maybe someone else?) had Grilled NY Strip Steak Thyme Roasted Vegetables, Double-baked Potato topped with handmade Herb Butter.

Is that right? It doesn't look grilled to me- it looks more like prime rib or roast- anyway, we all shared Caramelized Sea Scallops With Roasted Asparagus, Sun-dried Tomatoes, and Pearl Pasta, garnished with Caramelized Leeks and Veal Jus Reduction

It was in the center of the table. I really enjoyed my fish, but I wasn't that crazy about the scallops. For dessert, I think this was Steamed Lemon Buttermilk Pudding With Citrus Reduction

And this was Sweet Temptations A trio of Esterhazy Cake, Strawberry Cheesecake, and Chocolate Silk Mousse

There was also Banana Foster Sundae Rum-glazed Bananas, Vanilla Ice Cream, Whipped Cream, and Caramel Sauce

And of course, the chef came out to meet us, because he wanted to see the 4 women who snarfed down all this food for himself! Which was followed by.....oh, crap. It's hat time.

Oh. My. Dear. Lord.

Last edited by podsnel; 09-19-2012 at 01:23 PM.
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: