Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2012, 05:13 AM   #16
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynypixie View Post
Just to remind you. We're not talking Halloween here, but february. Far from any celebration.

It's just that my DS realy wants to go as a super hero.
I think it's a little odd to wear a costume in Feb. Yes, there are lots of little girls dressed in princess outfits from BBB and an occasional boy from the pirates, but I've never seen a child in random costumes. That being said, I don't think for a second that Disney would have a problem with it. He'll just be the only one walking around in a Halloween costume in Feb (in any park, Disney or Universal). But I'm sure he can wear it if he wants to.

Regarding MNSSHP it definately isn't a problem. We just went on the 14th and my son was Spiderman. All the CMs kept telling him he was their hero and it was very cute.

And regarding t-shirts, he wears Universal t-shirts to Disney and vice versa. It's never any kind of issue.
Old 09-19-2012, 06:07 AM   #17
HappyDaisy
Mouseketeer

Location: Southeastern Connecticut for now. DH is retiring in a couple of years and we're moving to Florida!

It's no more odd than seeing little girls dressed up as fairy tale princesses! Now, if your son were 16, there might be a problem! LOL!

He's 6. Let him dress up as his favorite super heroes! I think it sounds adorable and would get a kick out of seeing a mini super hero wandering the parks! If you're really worried, though, contact Disney and ask. I can't imagine why they'd mind.

Your son might just start a new trend for little boys!

HappyDaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-19-2012, 08:13 AM   #18
tkd27
Earning My Ears

I've only been to Disney and Universal once, so I may lack the perspective on this, but I can't imagine that Disney would kick people out of the park for being dressed up like a character they don't own or license for their parks. When I was there last year I remember seeing lots of people in their Thing 1 and Thing 2 shirts that they bought at Universal. I'm sure that I wore a Spider-Man Hoodie that I bought at Universal (which has a giant Universal logo on it).

People are on vacation and having fun, I don't think it's a big deal.

Also, there's a lot of Marvel merchandise in the stores in the parks and the hotels, so I don't think anyone would even know that it wasn't purchased somewhere on site. They might even have the exact same costume somewhere to buy!
tkd27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:26 AM   #19
mvazul
DIS Veteran

I work PhotoPass at the Magic Kingdom. We see little ones dressed up in costumes all the time. It won't be a problem. As others have stated, teenagers or adults are a different story. A 6 year old? No problem. I saw several boys dressed as Spider Man in July.

Have a great time!

Michelle
Old 09-19-2012, 09:20 AM   #20
glocon
DIS Veteran

When my son was little he dressed up as Harry Potter almost every day. If he wanted to dress up as HP at WDW I wouldn't worry about what other people thought- I am more concerned with my son. If someone had a problem with that, even if it wasn't Halloween, than they have bigger problems than that! I see kids dressed up in their princess and superhero costumes on random days throughout the year out in public (stores, library, parks). Kids have big imaginations, and their creativity should be encouraged while they are young, because all to soon they will be teenagers...
Old 09-19-2012, 09:30 AM   #21
chalee94
I thought all sand was ground up rocks
He's used to walking n00bies

i completely agree - a 6 year-old can play at disney with no problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planogirl View Post
I don't think that Disney cares what little kids wear even if they didn't own the characters. He should be fine.
reading this, i have to think it would be ok but might prompt some funny interactions if a little boy were tromping around the parks in a harry potter costume...(or say, at whispering canyon cafe where i think they sometimes have the kids promise to never go to universal studios.)

chalee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:48 AM   #22
rznhal
DIS Veteran

My cousin dressed up in a costume every day of his life (Zoro, Clown, Cowboy, Doctor, you name it) as a child. He's now pre-med

me, DH, DD6, DS2
1988-Grand Floridian, 1993-offsite, 1994-offsite
2002-DTD and Disney Cruise Honeymoon
2005-offsite, 2009-POP, 2011-CSR
2012-Adults only Graduation Trip-AKL
2013-AKL again!
rznhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:33 PM   #23
AshleeH
DIS Veteran

Absolutely okay! My kids were Iron Man and War Machine at last year's party - they even painted my son's face at DHS to have Iron Man face paint. They said they would do the same (just change the colors) for War Machine, but my youngest wasn't interested.

1985 - Disneyland; 1990 & 1994 - WDW; 1997 - Disneyland Paris; 2003 - WDW; Oct. 2010 - WDW (Animal Kingdom: Kidani Village); Oct. 2011 - WDW (Contemporary/Wilderness Lodge); Oct. 2012 - WDW (Bay Lake); July 2013 - Disneyland (Grand Californian); Oct. 2014 - WDW (Bay Lake)
AshleeH is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: