Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2012, 04:14 PM   #496
pooksma
Can't help it~there is something about Ed...kinda like the Gary Sinise thing...
Well I have laughed my posterior region until it almost removed itself from my body

" I simply remember my favorite things and then I don't feel, so bad..."

POP, walking around POP, Declan at POP, AK, EE FoW and Yak and Yeti.

Great day so far
Old 09-16-2012, 05:53 PM   #497
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

awe shucks I kept checking the pics to see if shan had her toms on but sadly nope I'm dying to see how they look and can now say I know what the shoes are i just didn't know the name of them

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-16-2012, 07:56 PM   #498
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid764 View Post
Hi Queen,

I just wanted to say that I can't wait to see more updates when life gets less hectic, although I probably won't be checking in to see them again until we get back at the end of the month.

Way to go Shanleigh...those are awesome marks and she should be really proud!

Hope all is well with you guys and looking forward to reading more later
Hey girl! I promise to be better at this....I have 3 weeks of vacation to still take before the end of this year so hopefully there will be lots of updates during that time!

Thanks hon....she is a bit of a smarty pants and I have never had to tell her to study .... she does it all on her own!

We are doing great and hope you are too! Can't wait to catch up when you guys get back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShesAPirate View Post
Just joining in
So happy that you are here with us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Practically_Perfect View Post
Hey Queen! Been reading your reports for a while now (BTW - that was one MASSIVE spider ), but not sure if I've ever commented.

Hey girl...yes, you definitely have posted because I loved your name!!!
I love reading your reports, because it's so nice to get a fellow Canadian's perspective. Also, you and Jasmine/Shan seem to have so much fun together!

Thanks hon, I love to catch other Canadian's TR's as well. We sure do enjoy each other's company!
I do have a question for you. I see that you use packing cubes - how helpful did you find them? Did they save space? Do you pack them by outfit (i.e. Monday's outfit in cube A, Tuesday's in cube B) or by item (tops in one, bottoms in another)?

Okay - so maybe I had more than one question....I've been thinking about getting them for a while now, and really wanted to know how useful people find them to be.

I am so happy you asked this! I will not ever travel without them again...I am in love! I loved that I could just move the cubes from the suitcases to the drawers! I packed full outfits in each one, most consisted of 2 daytime outfits and one evening and then bathing suits and pj's in separate ones! I used the outside zip to put an index card that itemized exactly what was in each cube (Shanleigh shook her head at this until we got there and then she found those cards extremely helpful!

Did I mention I got them from the shopping channel? They were super cheap compared to a store here that carries them so just search Hey's and see when they are on next! You won't regret it...that I promise you!

Oh, also - WOW to the redo at Winnipeg airport! It's been a few years since I've been there (I think the last time was 2006 or 2007), and what a change!
Brand spanking new airport....it is right beside the old terminal and opened on Oct 30 of 2011. It is gorgeous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetly View Post
Just joining in. Love the TR. It has taken me all day to read ~ reading when I have some down time.
I am so happy that you're here and moreso that you are enjoying the report! I promise to be better about posting.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post

OMG an update!

I knew you would have something smart to say!
We've been to Flight of Wonder a couple of times, it is a great show. Same with Yak & Yeti, great food. Been there a couple of times as well (or as Declan thinks, just once).

We loved both the show and the food...would go back to both!
Nice picture on Facebook the other day. Always nice to get a picture with an Olympic medal.
That young lady should be an ambassador for our great country. What an outgoing, funny, charming girl she is!! She is best friends with one of my young ladies at work and was back in town to get purchase her wedding dress then it was right back to London Ontario!
Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Yayyyy! I got to see your update as I'm waiting in the airport!
I do enjoy ak, it's a nice relaxing park. Love flights of wonder, such a cool show!
Yak & yeti looks so pretty, can't believe I get to eat there for the first time tomorrow!
You just made my day....Im so happy that you got to read it while waiting for your flight to the happiest place on earth!

I can't wait to hear what you think of Y & Y! Have a great time hon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamsdocometrue9112 View Post
Such a great update! We've never done Flights of WonderIt's just always too hot when we are there to watch an outside show!!

Rumors that FOTLK ending?!?! O.M.G. I would cry. It's such a wonderful and popular show!!! I sure hope it's not true!!
That was the same reason we've never done it too! Couldn't resist this time tho, it was hot but not crazy hot!

I know...my sister broke the news to me and I almost cried! I am so happy that I have the CD so I can continue to listen to it over and over!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
So happy to see an update Queen! I've been missing your TR!

I can't believe that you had to wait 2 hours for KS We've never waited either. I wonder what the heck was going on.

I'm glad that you enjoyed your lunch at Y&Y! We really liked our meals there last trip.

If you guys take Jeff to FoW, will you please post video?

I've been missing you too|!

Between the wait and the long safari it was over 2 hours...I couldn't believe it!

I wanted to try something different this time and we both ended up with the same thingDelish!

I will absolutely post a video, that is a promise my friend! Just the thought of it made me burst out laughing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrate_Pryncess View Post
Glad you did FoW.........I will NEVER do it!

I have a fear of birds that is horrible! Ever since I watched Hitchcocks "The Birds" when I was little! Between the biting beaks, the TALONS and the poop I am totally, not a bird person!

Click HERE to see a 2 minute version of where my fear came from!

And OH MY.................Your lunch made me drool!
Sounds like you have the same fear as Shanleigh's bf! I don't know if he's ever seen tThe Birds, but I'm going to show him your clip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooksma View Post
" I simply remember my favorite things and then I don't feel, so bad..."

POP, walking around POP, Declan at POP, AK, EE FoW and Yak and Yeti.

Great day so far
Memories are simply the best aren't they! Whenever I look back at old pictures I can't believe where the years have gone! Shanleigh was going into grade 9 the last time we stayed at Pop!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
awe shucks I kept checking the pics to see if shan had her toms on but sadly nope I'm dying to see how they look and can now say I know what the shoes are i just didn't know the name of them

Oh sorry hon....I read your post and I ran to get the camera!! Here you are sweetie

Old 09-16-2012, 08:55 PM   #499
TinkyCheeks
Mouseketeer

You're back! I'm so glad that you've just been really busy and not that anything was wrong. Another great update, of course! I'm adding Yak & Yeti as a possibility now for our trip next May. Your picture makes it look so good!
Old 09-17-2012, 07:39 AM   #500
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkyCheeks View Post
You're back! I'm so glad that you've just been really busy and not that anything was wrong. Another great update, of course! I'm adding Yak & Yeti as a possibility now for our trip next May. Your picture makes it look so good!
I'm so happy that you are still around, I've been so neglectful on this TR! I think everything is back on course now tho!

It was such a great lunch and our waiter, Khan, was exceptional!
Old 09-17-2012, 09:36 AM   #501
amazingact21
Upendi

I hae to say, I was really excited to log in this morning and see an update from you, Queen! I love reading your TRs.

FoW does sound really interesting, and that eagle was gorgeous. It's something I've been meaning to see.

I can't believe KS had that long of a wait, maybe the rinos were being stubborn even while you waited for a vehicle.

Glad your lunch was yummy and escaping the heat for a bit is always a wonderful thing.

(If the rumors are true about FoTLK, I think I'll spend a day in mourning. How can they take away the best show in WDW?)
1998 DoubleTree /2003 Offsite /2003 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2010 Shades of Green/2011 All Star Sports/2011 Disney Magic/Pop/2012 ASSp/2012 ASMo/2012 Day Trip/2013 Pop/2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Current Reports: Why, My Little Guppy Has Groupies!- A December 2013 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
Old 09-17-2012, 09:47 AM   #502
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a fun morning at the AK but a 2 hour wait?!

I've heard the rumors about FOTLK ending too. I guess because of Avatar Land coming? So I'm making sure we catch it next week just in case it really does end.

I love Shan's Toms! So cute! I'm sure Caitlin will need to buy another pair during our trip too
Old 09-17-2012, 09:50 AM   #503
marmalade
DIS Veteran

I love Yak and Yeti, your lunch looks delicious.

I have yet to do Flight of Wonder, I guess I'll have to start planning another trip just so I can experience this.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:23 PM   #504
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

Great update! I've always enjoyed FoW show, and I'm chuckling just a little at the thought of you and Shanleigh tricking Jeff into the show next visit!

Had Yak 'n' Yeti counter service, but never the table service restaurant. Looks yummy!

It's hard not to sing aloud during FOTLK!

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
Old 09-17-2012, 05:29 PM   #505
WDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

another great update!! I have never been to Festival of The Lion King...I know!! Can't wait to read more!!
Old 09-17-2012, 07:20 PM   #506
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

OMG I love love love them ,they are so cute with the cherry blossoms!!!!

Old 09-18-2012, 06:40 PM   #508
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post

OMG an update!

Hahahahaha I need one of these!

I, too, was thrilled to see an update. Sorry things have been so crazy busy. Sometimes that happens!

Loved the update. What a great morning in AK. You got some lovely pictures. I can't believe your wait for the Safari was almost 2 hours. That is CRAZY! So glad you met a nice couple to talk with and pass the time.

I am so glad you liked Flights of Wonder. That show would probably be too much for Jeff. He would be flipping out. If he ever wanted to do an immersion (or whatever its called) to get over his bird phobia, that would be the place.

Yum - the shrimp lo mien looks super yummy!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 09-18-2012, 09:13 PM   #509
sugar1967
Mouseketeer

Hi Queen! I too have been neglectful! Being back into the swing of things at work after 2 months off is always tough. But........I HAVE A TICKER!!!!! My husband and I are doing Disney for the first time without kids and are expecting a much different vacation at the world. We will be dining at Yak and Yeti which we love and for the first time - Kona and Ohana! Cannot wait. that on top of Food and Wine.....
So a quick question for you. When we were there last there was talk of strictly enforcing the return times on the fastpasses to the times that are on the ticket. Is that happening now? That will determine some of our park time I am thinking.
This trip is very much needed as we had no away time this summer, our Bombers are bombing and my beloved Jets are sidelined along with the rest of the NHL. But we have our Goldeyes to rep the city thank goodness.

2009 - AK Birthday Celebration and off property at Seaworld/Universal
2007 - Off Property - Disney/Seaworld/Universal
2005 - POP and off property
2003 - Off Property - Disney/Seaworld/Universal

Old 09-19-2012, 01:30 AM   #510
Geodoc
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugar1967
Hi Queen! I too have been neglectful! Being back into the swing of things at work after 2 months off is always tough. But........I HAVE A TICKER!!!!! My husband and I are doing Disney for the first time without kids and are expecting a much different vacation at the world. We will be dining at Yak and Yeti which we love and for the first time - Kona and Ohana! Cannot wait. that on top of Food and Wine.....
So a quick question for you. When we were there last there was talk of strictly enforcing the return times on the fastpasses to the times that are on the ticket. Is that happening now? That will determine some of our park time I am thinking.
This trip is very much needed as we had no away time this summer, our Bombers are bombing and my beloved Jets are sidelined along with the rest of the NHL. But we have our Goldeyes to rep the city thank goodness.
Yay for the Goldeyes!! Bringing the Win back to "Winner"peg.....we had the chance to see a few games this summer and they played great ball! Sadly I think it will be a long winter with no NHL.....sigh
And FYI yes they are enforcing the FastPass times now.....it's all in prep for Disney's new FastPass system.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: