Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2012, 08:34 PM   #1
danielm55
Earning My Ears

Short trip, what would you recommend?

My boyfriend surprised me with a trip to WDW this weekend for my birthday. We'll be flying out on Saturday and staying until Tuesday morning. We've only been to WDW once (last year) and did Animal Kingdom and Epcot. I'm super excited to go back to the world showcase in Epcot, but being that we're only going to have a couple full days and two half days, what would you guys recommend we do in Orlando with the remaining days?
We live in Long Beach CA, less than 20 minutes from Disneyland, and go ALL of the time. I'm a bit hesitant to go to the Magic Kingdom because I think it'll be just like Disneyland.... Will it?
I'm also down to go to Universal Studios, just not so crazy about Harry Potter.
Any ideas are more than welcome!
danielm55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:01 PM   #2
jagfanjosh3252
#1 fan of the Jacksonville Jaguars

GO TO MAGIC KINGDOM! Lol. I have never been to Disneyland. BUT, I can't see myself going to Orlando and not going to MK. I don't know where you guys are staying or if you have multi day tickets or park hoppers. But I suggest MK, and EPCOT if you only have two days worth of tickets. Universal/Islands of Adventure are great parks as well. I went a few weeks ago on a Sunday and got pretty much everything done at both parks on the same day and was out by 5pm. So maybe 2 days of Disney, 1 of Universal.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-18-2012, 10:07 PM   #3
DisneyDanielle85
Mouseketeer

I agree with PP, Magic Kingdom is a MUST! If you end up not liking it because it's to similar maybe invest in Park Hoppers so that way you can go to a different park if you wanted. If your going this month or next check out the Food and Wine Fest at EPCOT. It's a fun way to try something from each world! I'd also consider

~Danielle~
~A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes~ ~Princess Belle!~ "I only hope we don't forget one thing- It was all started by a mouse" - Walt Disney
DisneyDanielle85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:49 PM   #4
PHLtoMCO
Disboards helps me cut back on Facebook.

I agree with everyone! It's not a Disney World trip for me if you don't visit MK. That's just me; everyone has their favorite parks, MK has always been mine. We will usually visit 3-4 different times in an 8 day vacation. I just can't get enough if it.
1989-Poly, 1990-Big Red Boat/Poly, 1992-Poly, 1993-BC, 1995-Poly, 1996-BC, 1997-Poly, 1999-Poly, 2001-BWI, 2003-Poly, 2005-Poly, 2006-Poly/Sports, 2007-BWV, 2008-POP, 2009-ASM, 2010-BWV, 2011-Poly, 2012-BCV/POP, 2012-Poly, 2013-POP, 2013-AKL, 2013-BLT, 2014-POP, 2014-Disneyland

runDisney races - ToT 13k, ToT 10 miler, EEC, PHM, Enchanted 10k, GSC, Coast2Coast, next up....Avengers Half Marathon!
PHLtoMCO is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: