Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2012, 01:25 PM   #1
ktate82
DIS Veteran

DTD question

I have two questions

1) is there a way to go from Hollywood Studios to DTD or do you have to change busses somewhere?

2) where is the LYNX stop at DTD? We are taking it to Sea World one day, and I thought it would be best to ride a bus to DTD then board there. Any better ideas?
Sept 2014 AKL, June 2014 SWW at OKW, Feb 2014 Disney Magic, Sept 2013 AKL, May 2013 POP, Dec 2012 AOA, Sept 2012 POP, Sept 2011 Poly, March 2011 Poly, Sept 2010 CBR, July 1995 off site (MK only), Aug 1987 off site (MK only)

ktate82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:52 PM   #2
seashoreCM
All around nice guy.

1. You have to change buses (in a few routings you can walk one of the two legs for example Hollywood Studios to Saratoga Springs Congress Park stop and walk the rest of the way to Downtown Disney).

2. Last I heard the Lynx buses stop near Cirque de Soleil, at the west end of Downtown Disney. Disney buses used to stop there but no longer. Lynx buses also stop at the Ticket & Transportation Center, the interpark buses to and from Magic Kingdom (incl. to and from DHS) stop there. Check the Lynx schedules to find out when buses stop at each of these places.

Last edited by seashoreCM; 09-18-2012 at 02:59 PM.
seashoreCM is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-18-2012, 03:40 PM   #3
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktate82 View Post
I have two questions

1) is there a way to go from Hollywood Studios to DTD or do you have to change busses somewhere?

2) where is the LYNX stop at DTD? We are taking it to Sea World one day, and I thought it would be best to ride a bus to DTD then board there. Any better ideas?
There are no direct busses from any of the parks to DTD.
gmeh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:51 PM   #4
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

1. You could take the boat to BW, or the S/D, and get off there and take the bus to DTD. There are no direct ways to get to DTD from any park.

2. As mentioned, the Lynx bus is way over by Cirque. You can also head to MK, and then monorail to the TTC and get the Lynx bus there. Getting a bus to DTD early in the morning is hard.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:35 PM   #5
joelkfla
DIS Veteran

The Lynx buses also stop on the street behind and across from the toy store @ DTD. It's much closer to the MktPlace where Disney buses drop off in the a.m. The downside is that it's a standard bus shelter on the street with just a few seats and minimal cover. The stop by Cirque has lots of benches and some shade structures.

Disney bus service from most resorts to DTD starts around 8:30 a.m. If you want to catch the Lynx earlier using Disney Transport from your resort, you'll need to go to TTC.
joelkfla is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: