Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2012, 02:44 PM   #1
antree
DIS Veteran

Has anyone ordered from Disneydeals.com?

I am looking to order the pirate costume for my son to take to Disney for when he does the Pirate League.
it says it is an official licensed costume. My question is? Is Disney deals items the same quality as in the Disney store and at Disney World?

Thanks for all info.
antree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 04:25 PM   #2
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

Looking at the site, as well as hav ing done a "whois" search, this does appear to be a site run by The Walt Disney Company.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! Currently at Everything Pop Merchandise after nine years in Guest Services/Ticket Sales.

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-16-2012, 09:08 PM   #3
antree
DIS Veteran

That's what i thought. Thanks for looking in to it too.
Old 09-16-2012, 09:22 PM   #4
jiminy14
DIS Veteran

One thing to keep in mind when ordering, they do not ship until the sale is over. I ordered some vinylmations and they took more than three weeks to get here. If you are leaving for WDW soon, you may not get the costume in time.
jiminy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:51 AM   #5
mouselike-harrier
Mouseketeer

Link please. It may be Monday, but I can't find it!

mouselike-harrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:51 PM   #6
AuntBJ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouselike-harrier View Post
Link please. It may be Monday, but I can't find it!
This is the site I found: https://www.disneyfamilydeals.com/#disney-deals

Off site - 5/85, 1/98, 2/00ASMU - 3/02, 5/02(twice), 10/03, 12/06Ft. Wilderness Cabins - 2/03POFQ -2/03 & 12/04Camping @ FW - 11/04 & 6/08POP 11/07
AuntBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:05 PM   #7
antree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminy14 View Post
One thing to keep in mind when ordering, they do not ship until the sale is over. I ordered some vinylmations and they took more than three weeks to get here. If you are leaving for WDW soon, you may not get the costume in time.
Thank You for the info. we leave in Nov. so that's good thing that we are not leaving anytime soon.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:57 PM   #8
mrsheppo
Mom to 11 and still partially sane
Isn't Heppo one of the Marx Brothers?

Thanks for the heads up. I bought my DD a Cinderella costume for Halloween and she can also wear it to DL the next week. A great deal at $17.99.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:20 PM   #9
loricdietzel
Mouseketeer

Anything that is Disney has to be licensed. So even the $10 shirt with a Disney picture on it that is sold at Walmart has to be licensed. The princess dresses that are shown are NOT the ones in the parks or through the Disney store. They look a little cheaper in quality and are not as elaborate. The Buzz Lightyear one also looks like a cheaper material. I cannot speak about the other costumes as I am not familiar with them. That doesn't mean that aren't decent costumes, but they are not the same ones you will find in the parks or directly from the Disney Store.
loricdietzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:26 PM   #10
antree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricdietzel View Post
Anything that is Disney has to be licensed. So even the $10 shirt with a Disney picture on it that is sold at Walmart has to be licensed. The princess dresses that are shown are NOT the ones in the parks or through the Disney store. They look a little cheaper in quality and are not as elaborate. The Buzz Lightyear one also looks like a cheaper material. I cannot speak about the other costumes as I am not familiar with them. That doesn't mean that aren't decent costumes, but they are not the same ones you will find in the parks or directly from the Disney Store.
That was one of my thoughts too. I want it to be a better quality one. The pirate one looks like it can be but I'm just not sure. I know I have one but I can't find it anywhere. My house is turned upside down with moving a parent in. I figured I'll buy it it's $17.99 and if I find the Disney World one and it fits him I didn't lose much, or this one can be just as nice....

OK...edit to say, I just found the costume on another site. It's 100% polyester. I know the one I have is heavy cotton like material { I just don't know whee to being to look for it}. It is $6.00 cheaper on Disney deals and my son says he fine with it. So I'll get it and see. Thanks for all the replies.

Last edited by antree; 09-18-2012 at 08:38 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: