Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 05:03 PM   #3376
Jasonstubbo
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
According to the WDW website, there are 4 options for using quick service credits.

Cafe Rix - Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
Laguna Pool Bar - Lunch and Dinner
Pepper Market - Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
Siestas Cantina - Lunch

Check out page 2 of this link.

Thanks for the reply dansdad, however looking at the 2013 version of the quick service dining plan (as opposed to the 2012 you have linked to) it seems CSR has been removed altogether from the options?

Since I am new I can't post a link to show you what I mean, however googling "quick service dining plan" seems to bring up the 2013 version of the PDF as the first result.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:08 PM   #3377
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonstubbo View Post
Thanks for the reply dansdad, however looking at the 2013 version of the quick service dining plan (as opposed to the 2012 you have linked to) it seems CSR has been removed altogether from the options?

Since I am new I can't post a link to show you what I mean, however googling "quick service dining plan" seems to bring up the 2013 version of the PDF as the first result.
I see what you mean. I apologize, I didn't realize I was looking at the 2012 version. That's odd that they would take that away. There's no options for the regular dining plan for CSR either.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-17-2012, 06:29 PM   #3378
TiggersGurl
Earning My Ears

Jason,

If you compare the ddp from 2012 to 2013 you will notice quite a few restaurants missing in 2013. Especially those in DTD and Epcot. I know when I began planning my vacation for 2012 those restaurant were missing and then showed up closer to the end of the year. So I wouldn't panic yet. Coronado Springs most likely just haven't signed on yet.

I would just keep checking as it gets closer to 2013 and they will most likely be added in. I will also try and remember to ask around at the resort on my trip as I will be arriving in 10 days Good Luck Planning!!!
Old 09-17-2012, 06:48 PM   #3379
Cruisin Dave
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggersGurl
Jason,

If you compare the ddp from 2012 to 2013 you will notice quite a few restaurants missing in 2013. Especially those in DTD and Epcot. I know when I began planning my vacation for 2012 those restaurant were missing and then showed up closer to the end of the year. So I wouldn't panic yet. Coronado Springs most likely just haven't signed on yet.

I would just keep checking as it gets closer to 2013 and they will most likely be added in. I will also try and remember to ask around at the resort on my trip as I will be arriving in 10 days Good Luck Planning!!!
More restaurants will be added later this year when contracts are renegotiated.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:46 PM   #3380
jenifferf00
Mouseketeer

How am I going to go to work the next 3 days!?! Then I have to spend all of Friday not spilling the beans! Sooo ready to be at CSR.

Old 09-17-2012, 10:47 PM   #3381
Julie521
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneynut4ever View Post
We are also wanting to stay either at the CBR or CSR. I am leaning toward Coronado but it seems to be a "convention" resort. Will I not get the "Disney feel" at Coronodo -- will there be people in suits, etc. making it feel too much like a business trip?
My husband and I were there two weeks ago and we definitely got the Disney feel without it being too "kid crazy" for our honeymoon. We absolutely loved the resort. We did see a few business people around the resort, once when we stopped at the bar outside El Centro, two guys chatting and having a margarita. The other was one night, later in the night, we went to Rix Lounge and there was a group of three businessmen having a drink and something to eat. We ended up chatting with them because they were from Mass. as well. I am sure some conventions will draw bigger crowds than others, but we did not get the convention feel much at all.

Old 09-18-2012, 06:22 AM   #3382
lmbcdb
DIS Veteran

Did the over ride trick on the AC in my room last night. Pushed it down to 65. I sweated all night, even with the fan on. Any thoughts? It's been on 65 all night and it's only down to 70, and feels like 75.

Last edited by lmbcdb; 09-18-2012 at 07:02 AM.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:22 AM   #3383
1railisenough
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetbeachgal View Post
I'm assuming you don't have a rental car...how about Taking a taxi? I would think it would be way too time consuming to try to get there any other way...The have a ball desk at CSR..you might ask them to make arrangements the night before unless they say taxis are readily available..
Thanks for the reply, I was kind of thinking taxi, but wanted to see if there were other options first. Probably the easiest and most efficient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna in NJ View Post
Last July we stayed at CBR and has a early ADR at the Boardwalk. One of the bus drivers told us to tell the HS bus driver where we wanted to go. He said if the bus driver has time he can drop off at the boardwalk after HS. The driver had no problem dropping us off that day. If they are to busy there is a walking path from HS to the Boardwalk. 7:50 might be a little to early to be able to make the walk in time.
Thanks for the reply, I wasn't aware you could walk from HS to the boardwalk hotels, was looking on a map, and it doesn't look too bad. Now to convince DW and DDs that a brisk walk at 7:30 will be great for us.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:49 AM   #3384
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmbcdb View Post
Did the over ride trick on the AC in my room last night. Pushed it down to 65. I sweated all night, even with the fan on. Any thoughts? It's been on 65 all night and it's only down to 70, and feels like 75.
Time to call maintenance.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:37 AM   #3385
Ilivetogo
I really DO want to live there!
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
Time to call maintenance.
That's what I was thinking

Old 09-18-2012, 11:58 AM   #3386
Julie521
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmbcdb View Post
Agree with the other poster. Maintenance time. I did it when we were there and I loved that I woke up freezing and had to turn the fan off.

Old 09-18-2012, 04:08 PM   #3387
party-of-five
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonstubbo View Post

This seems to happen every year with CSR. They will eventually get on board with the dining plan. You will be fine.
Old 09-18-2012, 04:09 PM   #3388
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

Anyone there at CSR now?? Just curious to see how busy or not busy the digsite pool is this week.
Old 09-18-2012, 07:38 PM   #3389
monorailmom
DIS Veteran

Hi all! We'll be staying at CSR from 10/18-10/22, very excited!! We're actually DVC'ers but have always wanted to try staying here!

One question for the experts: do they offer cots? My son and daughter would prefer to have their own beds (spoiled by DVC? definitely) but I'm not sure this is an option.

We used to stay at POR before we bought DVC....we just loved it there, hoping we equally enjoy CSR for our Food and Wine weekend!

Thanks in advance!
Old 09-19-2012, 06:31 AM   #3390
party-of-five
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by monorailmom View Post
Hi all! We'll be staying at CSR from 10/18-10/22, very excited!! We're actually DVC'ers but have always wanted to try staying here!

One question for the experts: do they offer cots? My son and daughter would prefer to have their own beds (spoiled by DVC? definitely) but I'm not sure this is an option.

We used to stay at POR before we bought DVC....we just loved it there, hoping we equally enjoy CSR for our Food and Wine weekend!

Thanks in advance!

My sister was able to rent a cot, maybe $15/night, when we were there a couple of years ago. I seem to remember calling CRO for her and adding it as a request to the room. Hopefully someone with a more recent experience will chime in.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: