Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2012, 07:50 PM   #1
mom2clr
Mouseketeer

Quick trip for MVMCP??

So, I'm tossing around the idea of heading down for the Christmas party with DD4. Has anyone made a quick trip specifically for one of the parties with their kids? I was thinking of flying out the morning of the party, checking in to the hotel, resting up and heading out to arrive at 4pm. My 4yo is a ball of energy and I know she will be okay with the long day. Our only actual cost would be the party tickets, food and the one night at the hotel (probably POP). I have miles I need to use up. Truth is part of me is a little anxious about leaving DD1 with daddy. I'm looking at a total of 30 hours away but it seems like a lifetime.

So anyway, has anyone done this kind of quick trip and how did it work out?

Thanks

Jan '10 POFQ; Jul '10 POP; Sep '10 POP; May '12 POFQ
mom2clr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:51 AM   #2
jillianjigs7
DVC Member

I've never done that quite of a quick trip BUT I totally would! What a fun adventure! We do the MVMCP every year and absolutely love it. Our DD is 2.5 and when she's a tad older I may do a trip like that too! Something fun and memorable!

My only concern is when you fly down - and check into the hotel, you may not even get into your room until 4pm (which is when you can get into the party). If that's not a concern and you just want a place to sleep when it's all over than it shouldn't be a problem!

Have fun!

jillianjigs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:24 PM   #3
mom2clr
Mouseketeer

I have to get my car fixed this week. If the damage isn't too awful, then I'm going full steam ahead with the trip. She will only be 4 once and the baby will just have to suck it up hanging out with her dad for a day and a half.

Jan '10 POFQ; Jul '10 POP; Sep '10 POP; May '12 POFQ
mom2clr is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: