Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2012, 04:53 PM   #16
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Annual pass holders can park anywhere, no? And we parked there twice when we had ADRs at the Contemp. Am I understanding this correctly, can any DVC point stay guest use the TOTWL? Is this permanent...will be at BCV in Jan and wouldn't mind going over to TOTWL? Also, can't any on site resort guest park at any resort on property? We've gone all over...to eat or to just check out the other resorts and never had trouble parking anywhere.
lovin'fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 05:06 PM   #17
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovin'fl View Post
Annual pass holders can park anywhere, no? And we parked there twice when we had ADRs at the Contemp. Am I understanding this correctly, can any DVC point stay guest use the TOTWL? Is this permanent...will be at BCV in Jan and wouldn't mind going over to TOTWL? Also, can't any on site resort guest park at any resort on property? We've gone all over...to eat or to just check out the other resorts and never had trouble parking anywhere.
AP's have nothing to do with parking at the resorts.

TOTWL access is open to guests staying on DVC points until (in think) 8/25/12.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-08-2012, 05:23 PM   #18
MrShiny
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keishashadow View Post
years ago recall sitting on balcony of CR watching cars being towed.

good idea re the 3 hour pass application but if you valet there are no restrictions.
I don't think that's a bad thing. For one, they are paying for the valet service. Also, if the lot is getting full, the valets can relocate cars.

Next trip:
Star Wars Celebration and COMMON Annual Meeting,
Disneyland Hotel April 2015
MrShiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:57 PM   #19
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrShiny View Post
I don't think that's a bad thing. For one, they are paying for the valet service. Also, if the lot is getting full, the valets can relocate cars.
i'm not going to re-open the 'why can't I valet park @ CR and do what i want' can of worms

also aware that they do relocate cars. Have wondered if they've explored offering a premium MK parking feature @ CR for a matching premium price.

keishashadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 02:27 PM   #20
RweTHEREyet
What makes you think the Tag Fairy doesn't know you?? :D
Will get my Grapefruit Cake at Starring Rolls from now on!
I can't stand not having another trip booked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovin'fl View Post
You can park at a resort if you have dining reservations, but the only parking benefit that your AP gets you is to park in the parking lots of the theme parks with no charge. Your AP does not get you parking at the hotels, never has.
Old 08-09-2012, 04:51 PM   #21
VrBchJ
DIS Veteran

The Bay Lake parking lot empties out after Wishes just like the BWV/BWI parking lot empties after Illuminations.
VrBchJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:27 PM   #22
drcoulsey
Earning My Ears

Blt

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny View Post
We just came back from our 3rd stay at BLT. Had a 1 BR LV with a great view of the castle. Watched Wishes 3 times from the room.

Overall, we had an awesome trip and LOVE BLT. So glad we sold our original contract to buy all BLT.

However that all said I have minor gripes and was wondering others feelings.

First off DW and I find that overall the CM working in the lobby are less then friendly/enthusiastic. Find the same every trip. Every time we are in the lobby at CR they seem super friendly. BLT not so much. We had 1 gentlement that was very pleasant and helpful but overall whenever we walked in the CM working the lobby would look at us and then just look away. No "Welcome Home", No Hello, etc etc.
I had the same situation when we stayed at BLT. I always look forward to hearing "Welcome Home," and it does happen at all the other resorts where I've stayed, but not BLT. Very odd.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:30 PM   #23
Meggysmum
Mouseketeer

When we visited last October there always seemed to be CMs in the lobby (although we were probably always out until after 5). I thought that they were rather ignorant and we only got a Hello if we spoke to them first, they never even smiled!
Meggysmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:09 AM   #24
sixcats
DIS Veteran

There was CM named David in the lobby of BLT in August that was great. He went out of his way to help fix a problem that the manager at the Contemporary was supposed to be handling. I hope that he is still there because he was one of the best CMs we have come across at Disney in years.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:24 AM   #25
supersuperwendy
any happy little thought?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixcats View Post
There was CM named David in the lobby of BLT in August that was great. He went out of his way to help fix a problem that the manager at the Contemporary was supposed to be handling. I hope that he is still there because he was one of the best CMs we have come across at Disney in years.
We also had a wonderful CM...could've been David not sure. He went out his way to help me....so great!!! True though....never heard a welcome home. I get the best DVC feeling at SSR.
Now approaching Mickey's Star Traders......DVC Trip Report 2012! <-----Click Here! Commando Club member #118
DVC Members since 2008

supersuperwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 03:39 PM   #26
susieq76
DIS Veteran

We just returned from a split stay at BLT and Beach Club and one night at OKW. I agree about the CMs at BLT. They were not "bad" but not half as friendly as those we encountered at BOTH other resorts (Beach Club was the regular resort part and not the villas FWIW).

susieq76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: