Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 07:48 AM   #1966
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

One week from today DH and I checkin at the YC to celebrate our 24th wedding anniversary The next week can't pass fast enough!

Old 09-18-2012, 08:14 AM   #1967
ALMinVA
Mouseketeer

thought I knew it all...

I just want to say that as my "2nd" post; I have found such great information on this thread. My family and I have been to Disney numerous times. We have stayed at Pop, off site, Poly, and Animal Kingdom Kidani. We have been on the Magic Eastern Caribbean. We are headed to AoA - a Finding Nemo suite in November for DS 5th birthday and are attending the Mickey Halloween Party and Party for the Senses. But January - our usual January Poly CL stay - I have changed to YC CL and I am beyond excited. Now, I like to think I know the ins and outs of most things Disney - but then I found the Boards and wow - I am finding out so much useful information!
I am blessed to be an AP holder, and have a wonderful friend who extends his CM room discount to us, giving us a great discount. That said - we are booked in a standard YC CL room and I am wondering if anyone has any experience with this type of room - is it a far walk from the lounge or have any really horrible views? Should I look to upgrade to a garden view?
We have always passed the BC and YC and commented how wonderful they look - and this thread has me convinced I have made the right choice in a hotel! Can't wait to hang out with the noodle family and meet Teena!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-18-2012, 08:22 AM   #1968
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Welcome to our side of the world!!

You may want to consider upgrading (for a few dollars per night) to a garden view CL room. All the standard view CL rooms are a guaranteed view of either a parking lot or a roof. As far as the location, it can be anywhere on the fifth floor (far away from the lounge or real close). If you prefer close to the lounge, make sure you put "close to lounge requested" on your reservation. And if you prefer to be far away from the lounge, just add "far away from lounge requested" on your reservation.

The garden view CL rooms have views of something "green" (usually one of the courtyards or a wooded area).

I look forward to meeting you and the family!
Old 09-18-2012, 10:09 AM   #1969
Lalabubbles
Mouseketeer

We leave tomorrow!!!!!!! One night at AoA then on to the BC bright and early Thursday morning :-). If there is anything I can take pictures of or research while I am there please let me know I would be happy to. I went and bought a camera adapter for my iPad so I should be able to upload pics while there. We are also going to bring some pool noodles & would be happy to leave them!
Teena you will be off next week right? If so sorry we missed you :-(
We are also excited to try out the FP+ trial while there!!!!

Old 09-18-2012, 10:15 AM   #1970
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

7 Months from today we check in for our 1st Yacht Club stay!!!! So excited!!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 09-18-2012, 10:39 AM   #1971
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalabubbles View Post
We leave tomorrow!!!!!!! One night at AoA then on to the BC bright and early Thursday morning :-). If there is anything I can take pictures of or research while I am there please let me know I would be happy to. I went and bought a camera adapter for my iPad so I should be able to upload pics while there. We are also going to bring some pool noodles & would be happy to leave them!
Teena you will be off next week right? If so sorry we missed you :-(
We are also excited to try out the FP+ trial while there!!!!
Yep, I'll be off. We leave on the Disney Fantasy this Saturday for a 7 night cruise. Have a super vacation!!!!!
Old 09-18-2012, 11:13 AM   #1972
Pinkgirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
So we know about Family of the Day for SAB, but did you know that there is a Family of the Day at Captains Grille? We went down for breakfast this morning (no ADR) and were told we had been selected as Captains Grille Family of the Day! We sat in a section with no,other seated tables, got balloons as well as some other goodies, our picture taken (we got a hard copy and one emailed to us) for the scrapbook they keep, and a certificate. Who knew??? I'll post a couple pictures tomorrow. just a fun start to the day

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Did you see the moving boats - that's the seating area where the picture runs acorss the entire wall.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:31 AM   #1973
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS

Yep, I'll be off. We leave on the Disney Fantasy this Saturday for a 7 night cruise. Have a super vacation!!!!!
Saturday is my birthday. Are you sure I can't stow away??

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 09-18-2012, 12:18 PM   #1974
Marcya23
Earning My Ears

Oops! No, I have not mastered the art of Time Travel we will be staying Oct 13-20... Not 23-20! (we are a week into a massive 8 wk remodel and already I have lost my mind).

Not only will this be our first time at BC, but our first time CL. Since I also booked this trip for my cousin and her family. I just want them to love WDW as much as we do! And I just don't want a crappy view! I just have a knack for getting rooms that look at parking lots.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:26 PM   #1975
MickeyMinnie1971
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
Welcome to our side of the world!!

You may want to consider upgrading (for a few dollars per night) to a garden view CL room. All the standard view CL rooms are a guaranteed view of either a parking lot or a roof. As far as the location, it can be anywhere on the fifth floor (far away from the lounge or real close). If you prefer close to the lounge, make sure you put "close to lounge requested" on your reservation. And if you prefer to be far away from the lounge, just add "far away from lounge requested" on your reservation.

The garden view CL rooms have views of something "green" (usually one of the courtyards or a wooded area).

I look forward to meeting you and the family!
I have been wanting to switch to garden view from standard view because we had a not so great standard view last year, and was quite a hike to the lounge. I haven't been able to find much information about the garden view CL rooms. I have read that there aren't very many, and only a few have a daybed. I have also read several are handicap rooms and the bathrooms are different. I would love to switch to GV, but I'm hesitating because of these things. Since you are so knowledgable I was hoping you could put my mind at ease about it. I have a few questions I hope you can answer. Are the garden view rooms close to the lounge, are they as large as standard view rooms, and how likely/unlikely would it be to get a daybed? Any help you can provide would be soooo appreciated!
Old 09-18-2012, 12:34 PM   #1976
MN Disneyfan
Mouseketeer

So looking forward to checking into the Beach Club in 11 days. The first as a DVC owner at the Beach Club.
2012-Beach Club
2011-Boardwalk
2010-Beach Club
2009-Beach Club
2008-Carribean Beach
2006-Offsite
2002-Yacht Club
1991-Offsite

Love them, hug them and take them to Disney!
Old 09-18-2012, 12:43 PM   #1977
peaches00
Mouseketeer

I have a standard club room booked but after reading this I'm changing to agarden view or may even do water view. Is water view cl a view of stormalong bay and is it worth it? Also, we will be checking out of dolphin to check in. If our room isn't ready, can we still use club for breakfast. Thanks.

grand floridian 2002 poly club 2009 port Orleans 2011
royal pacific club 2007
Portofino bay club 2008,2010(x2)
Old 09-18-2012, 12:51 PM   #1978
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkgirl

Did you see the moving boats - that's the seating area where the picture runs acorss the entire wall.
Yes And told DH about the conversation here!!! My kids loved them!!!!

Teena - so sorry I missed you this trip....3 days goes by in the blink of an eye. Hopefully when we return next month I can sneak over and say hi!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 09-18-2012, 12:51 PM   #1979
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran

NINE days until I check into BCV!!!

Amanda
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR Running and Europe, 2014-15
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
Old 09-18-2012, 01:15 PM   #1980
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperNinja View Post
Greetings

After 2 years of extreme saving, we're going for a 10 days Disney trip.. we'll be staying at the BVC from Dec 2 - Dec 12

Plus 3 days of Disney cruising to Bahamas prior to that to celebrate my wife b'day and our anniversary

Sounds like an awesome celebration trip!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacFranke View Post
Lurker Lori
Do you have an upcoming trip? Planning stages? Just stalking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2_3girls View Post
Hi all...I'm more of just a lurker..but decided to drop in and say Hi. We are booked March 6th-8th at the Beach Club!!! We are renting points and staying in a studio Villa...it will be me, my dh, dd 10 and dd 9. My parents are flying down March 8th and we already have a condo off site with them (were not doing Disney with them) and then the 11th we drive down to Miami to hop on the Wonder for a 5 night cruise!

Beach Club has been my dream resort ever since we went to Cape May for breakfast last year. I'm bummed we won't be staying longer, but excited we will at least get to check it out for a few days.

Anyways, just wanted to say Hi and thank you for all the wonderful info I have gotten from this thread!! My girls are SO excited for SAB after seeing all the pictures!!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

for your trip and the cruise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie View Post
We are so excited!!! Added 3 nights at the beginning of our trip to this Oct and was finally able to book the Beach Club at an AP discount too We will then move to the WL for a week with our bounceback

I'll put you on the list for October. If you want to clarify your dates, I'll add those, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcya23 View Post
Oct 13-20, here!

This will be our first time at BC and we are really looking forward to it! Just a quick question- with the Fall Discount, we upgraded tp Club Level. Although I am happy with some of the perks, I worried that our view will stink. We had a Garden view before we "upgraded," but now are standard CL. Does anyone have any experience with this? Besides being a BC first timer, we are also CL first timers... So any hints/ tidbits would be appreciated!

27 days!!!!

I CAN time travel, so I correct your dates above, and I will add you to the Be Our Guest list.

I'll reply to your question about CL SV rooms in another post, but, SPOILER ALERT: I'm a fan
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: