Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 06:06 PM   #1951
MickeyMinnie1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brit17 View Post
Hi all ... I have a question regarding parking at the BC, where we will be staying ...

I have relatives who will be staying off-site and would like to meet us at the BC for dinner ... And maybe also on another day for lunch and then for all of us to rent a boat at the marina ... Will there be any problem for them to park in the BC parking lot and/or to get thru the security gate? ... Also is there a time limit on parking? ... Thank you ...
It shouldn't be a problem unless it's during a busier time. We were there last October with F&W and Gartner Symposium going on at the same time. The resort was full. There was a sign at the gate about parking being limited, but I can't remember the wording on it. The lot was so full that we chose to valet park all week.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:11 PM   #1952
skepace
Mouseketeer

Hello guys and gals!

Have not been on it a bit. Any major changes in October? I know about HH closure but just checking!

Thanks!!

http://shawnpace.myoilproducts.com
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-17-2012, 08:01 PM   #1953
vinotinto
Just Keep Swimming

I'm surprised that YC being a 'convention' hotel does not have a restaurant that opens early - at least 7 am. I know the Marketplace starts serving food at 7 am, but that's IMHO, more like a snack shop, not a proper restaurant.

Sigh. I was really looking forward to Captain's Grill, but no way that I will be able to make it to MK by 7:50 am, if it opens at 7:30. (MK is now opening at 8 am on both days I have it on my schedule). It looks like we'll have to get room service. Good thing we are on the DxDP.

Aug 2014 - YC Jan 2014 - Disney Dream and WL Oct 2013 - PBH Oct 2012 - BC (DxDP) Oct 2011 - YC (DxDP) May 2011 - PBH and AKL (DxDP) Sept 2010 - Poly (DxDP) Oct 2009 - BC (DDP) May 2004 - RPR April 1995 - AsMu
Old 09-17-2012, 08:06 PM   #1954
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by flower91882 View Post
Ok, so I couldn't really find anything about this using the search, so I figure I'll ask.

I have a problem with fireworks. Loud noises in general actually (balloons, guns, etc. etc.) Anyway, I know that you can hear Illuminations from the resort so I'll need to plan to be in the room during that, but what about Fantasmic?? If it's not too loud, it may be ok. Do I just need to wait and see what it's like the first night before deciding if I can take an evening swim at SAB?

TIA!
Danielle
I've never heard Fantasmic. If I did the volume was so low that I didn't notice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fterie4u View Post
We are close to our trip and are wondering, are there microwaves available upon request?

Thank you!
Yes. We requested at check in. Ours did not come the first day so had to go back and ask again but arrived promptly after that.

Quote:
Hi all ... I have a question regarding parking at the BC, where we will be staying ...

I have relatives who will be staying off-site and would like to meet us at the BC for dinner ... And maybe also on another day for lunch and then for all of us to rent a boat at the marina ... Will there be any problem for them to park in the BC parking lot and/or to get thru the security gate? ... Also is there a time limit on parking? ... Thank you ...
No problem. Just tell them to give the name of the restaurant and that they are meeting you there. We've driven up to eat at B&C (can't ADR) and told the guard and were welcomed.

We have never been there when BC was completely full like previous poster but there used to be a 3 hour limit at resorts while dining. Rarely if ever enforced. Maybe during peak season at CR. Go. Enjoy the family. Enjoy the boat ride. Enjoy the BC!

Old 09-17-2012, 08:11 PM   #1955
vinotinto
Just Keep Swimming

Quote:
Originally Posted by flower91882 View Post
Ok, so I couldn't really find anything about this using the search, so I figure I'll ask.

I have a problem with fireworks. Loud noises in general actually (balloons, guns, etc. etc.) Anyway, I know that you can hear Illuminations from the resort so I'll need to plan to be in the room during that, but what about Fantasmic?? If it's not too loud, it may be ok. Do I just need to wait and see what it's like the first night before deciding if I can take an evening swim at SAB?

TIA!
Danielle
I'm pretty sure you won't be able to hear Fantasmic noise at BC. It's not that close. If you do manage to hear it, I'm sure going inside would help. It's much harder to hear inside the A/C.

Aug 2014 - YC Jan 2014 - Disney Dream and WL Oct 2013 - PBH Oct 2012 - BC (DxDP) Oct 2011 - YC (DxDP) May 2011 - PBH and AKL (DxDP) Sept 2010 - Poly (DxDP) Oct 2009 - BC (DDP) May 2004 - RPR April 1995 - AsMu
Old 09-17-2012, 08:17 PM   #1956
vinotinto
Just Keep Swimming

Quote:

I have relatives that live in Orlando and back in 2009, they parked at BC and visited us for about an hour. They also did the same thing in 2011 - visited us and parked at AKL. In both of those occasions, they just explained they were visiting me, showed driver's license, etc., and were allowed to park. I would assume that if there is space they would let them in. I would also assume that parking would be for a limited time frame (i.e., under 3 hours). Cars from guests will have the parking pass on the windshield.

Old 09-17-2012, 09:30 PM   #1957
Couchy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleigh1 View Post
Looks like you're arriving right about the time our trip will be coming to an end. We're 40 days out as of today. This is our first Halloween and F&W. Can't wait! (Also our first stay at YC or any Deluxe for that matter. The whole trip is full of firsts.) See you at SAB!
We will be there for sure

4 trips as a kid.2002-Westgate, 2004 -Hilton DTD, 2005 -Westgate, 2007 -Royal Sun DTD, 2008 Hilton DTD, April 2011 -Swan, Dec 2011-Dolphin/ Yacht Club , Feb 2012 -Solo@Swan , April 2012-Dolphin with our friends, june/july 2012 - Beach Club
Old 09-17-2012, 10:01 PM   #1958
babyberger
DIS Veteran

So we know about Family of the Day for SAB, but did you know that there is a Family of the Day at Captains Grille? We went down for breakfast this morning (no ADR) and were told we had been selected as Captains Grille Family of the Day! We sat in a section with no,other seated tables, got balloons as well as some other goodies, our picture taken (we got a hard copy and one emailed to us) for the scrapbook they keep, and a certificate. Who knew??? I'll post a couple pictures tomorrow. just a fun start to the day

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
Old 09-17-2012, 10:05 PM   #1959
Minnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMinnie1971 View Post
It shouldn't be a problem unless it's during a busier time. We were there last October with F&W and Gartner Symposium going on at the same time. The resort was full. There was a sign at the gate about parking being limited, but I can't remember the wording on it. The lot was so full that we chose to valet park all week.
As long as you are not there around the F&W Festival your guests should be fine just by giving the name of the restaurant. If you are there around the F&W then plan to have your guests ask to vallet as there is normally a sign that reads guest parking only.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:13 PM   #1960
Minnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger
So we know about Family of the Day for SAB, but did you know that there is a Family of the Day at Captains Grille? We went down for breakfast this morning (no ADR) and were told we had been selected as Captains Grille Family of the Day! We sat in a section with no,other seated tables, got balloons as well as some other goodies, our picture taken (we got a hard copy and one emailed to us) for the scrapbook they keep, and a certificate. Who knew??? I'll post a couple pictures tomorrow. just a fun start to the day

Congrats!!! What a great memory for your family :-)
Old 09-17-2012, 10:22 PM   #1961
Minnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyT

WL & BC------Best of the best. Enjoy!
Thanks! This will be DH's 1st time at the BC - he's only stayed at the WL before so I can't wait for him to experience the BC and SAB. This trip is a combined anniversary/birthday trip -best place in the world to spend it :-)
Old 09-17-2012, 10:40 PM   #1962
Steph H
That Loud Redhead

I am very behind and still trying to catch up, but I wanted to post a few things after reading some posts that touched me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by torian View Post
Hi everyone,

Our story - my kids and I need to not be at home for the holidays, so we booked a disney cruise...but it returns on the 22 of December. We are planning to spend the 22-26 at WDW and are looking at either CSR or YC. Both the kids like YC, and if Im honest, I do, too. I'm just having a bit of trouble justifying the extra cost compared to a mod.

I guess I need to know if I spend the extra money, will I be disappointed? The reason why we can't be at home for christmas is because my DH passed away a little over a month ago and we just need to retreat and to begin to heal. Staying at the house for our first christmas without him will be torture.

People have mentioned staying at WL, but I can't - we stayed there as a family in 2010 and I would see DH everywhere.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. {{hugs}} I hope you find this trip healing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkgirl View Post
I just wanted to share a few "different" views of YC
Thank you for sharing your pictures, Pink Girl. They brought both smiles and tears to my eyes. What a beautiful family you have.

GF Sugarloaf 10/05
YC CL 12/12

Trip Report: Yacht Club December 2012, How I Survived Disneyworld on Weight Watchers
Old 09-18-2012, 07:32 AM   #1963
vladimir10
Mouseketeer

Met Teena for the first time yesterday afternoon, in the BC lobby! Super nice! Great finally getting a chance to say hi! Had a great chat, and some good tips. Hope I didn't hold you up too long!

So far, knock on wood, been a wonderful trip! Got a really good room in the Villas, crowds have been good, low wait times so far, foods been awesome! Epcot on Sunday was fun, did a Perry adventure with our son, that was fun. My wife got 2 pearls, one was a little small (6 3/4) and a huge one (8 1/2). She was super happy.

Typhoon lagoon yesterday. Perfect weather. Rain held off until close to 7 pm. Son and I spent a huge amount of time at the Typhoon Wave, he loved it! Those waves are so much fun to jump into and try to swim with.

Met another disboards person and her family on the bus to Typhoon lagoon ( didn't catch her name, darn it), had a very nice chat with them. Super nice, and their kids were so nice.

So far, one of our best trips! More later...

vladimir10 (dad) Previous Trips - 1984, 1997, 1999, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
vet1999 (mom) Previous Trips - 1994,1997, 1999, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
jc (son, 6 yrs old) Previous Trips - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
Next Trip: DCL August 2013
Old 09-18-2012, 08:31 AM   #1964
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post

How fun! We plan on having lunch there the day we arrive. Can't wait to see your photos.

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA

Old 09-18-2012, 08:45 AM   #1965
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladimir10 View Post
Met Teena for the first time yesterday afternoon, in the BC lobby! Super nice! Great finally getting a chance to say hi! Had a great chat, and some good tips. Hope I didn't hold you up too long!

So far, knock on wood, been a wonderful trip! Got a really good room in the Villas, crowds have been good, low wait times so far, foods been awesome! Epcot on Sunday was fun, did a Perry adventure with our son, that was fun. My wife got 2 pearls, one was a little small (6 3/4) and a huge one (8 1/2). She was super happy.

Typhoon lagoon yesterday. Perfect weather. Rain held off until close to 7 pm. Son and I spent a huge amount of time at the Typhoon Wave, he loved it! Those waves are so much fun to jump into and try to swim with.

Met another disboards person and her family on the bus to Typhoon lagoon ( didn't catch her name, darn it), had a very nice chat with them. Super nice, and their kids were so nice.

So far, one of our best trips! More later...
It was super meeting you!!!!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: