Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 02:05 PM   #826
RedfromNL
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedfromNL View Post
Nope

Lets try again...
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggghhhhh hhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

come on.... please?
Old 09-17-2012, 02:14 PM   #827
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Success!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-17-2012, 03:04 PM   #828
ready2vacation
Mouseketeer

Yippeee

Well, I was supposed to go back to work today after returning from vacation, but we're all sick (strep and virus) so I stayed home. What better time than to finally book our next visit!!!

We pushed it out to November 15-23, 2013 instead of September for cooler weather and to celebrate DD's 2nd birthday at the world. Still trying to coordinate a quick visit with just me and DH.

We've booked WL standard club level with regular dining right now. If military discounts come out next summer, then we'll really be set!

And since I know this will get altered at least a couple of times....posting on the RC thread, too
Old 09-17-2012, 03:10 PM   #829
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2vacation View Post
Well, I was supposed to go back to work today after returning from vacation, but we're all sick (strep and virus) so I stayed home. What better time than to finally book our next visit!!!

We pushed it out to November 15-23, 2013 instead of September for cooler weather and to celebrate DD's 2nd birthday at the world. Still trying to coordinate a quick visit with just me and DH.

We've booked WL standard club level with regular dining right now. If military discounts come out next summer, then we'll really be set!

And since I know this will get altered at least a couple of times....posting on the RC thread, too
Sorry you're all sick. You're going to love the Old Faithful Club! It will be cooler in November, but it will also be a bit more crowded, but the decorations will all be up

Since this vacation is subject to change (and change...), I'll wait a while before posting your dates to the Lodgers' Log - just in case
Old 09-17-2012, 03:51 PM   #830
ejrj
DIS Veteran

Re: WCC

I'm not a dessert gal but I do enjoy salad. Losing value, perceived or otherwise, isn't fun. Last time we went to wdw an app was included rather than dessert which was perfect for me. I do agree though that they must save much dinero with the current format. I'm undecided on a WCC adr.

Question:

We have an 8:05 breakfast adr in MK. What time would you plan to be down at the boat doc? I do want to have time to enjoy the walk down Main.

Thank you!

(84 days
Old 09-17-2012, 06:29 PM   #831
stpats317
Mouseketeer

First Time at WL

Just wanted to pop in and say hi. We are 67 days out from our first stay at WL. This has long been on my bucket list and our 27th anniversary seemed the perfect occasion. Now my worry is that we will be forever spoiled and never want to go back to our old favorite POR.

VERY excited - it can't get here soon enough
Old 09-17-2012, 06:30 PM   #832
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

We didn't get any confirmation on the changes, but had a wonderful breakfast at WCC. After having meals at both WCC and Trail's End at FW, TE is my favorite. The ribs there are the best I have had, and the variety of a quality buffet is hard to beat. I am sure WCC will still be good too, but it does seem they are emphasizing the "experience" there more than the food. My shy two year old actually cried during the dinner festivities, but loved our breakfast waitress "M.T." more than any other Disney employee we saw all trip. I'd say if you now only want to do WCC once, TE is a great alternative for variety and only a short boat ride away.

We checked out today after a wonderfully perfect stay. Our solution to going home depression was upgrading to Premier Passports. A golden ticket is a happy thing, and it actually saved money on our home annual passes for Disneyland. Besides, we will be back!

I will post more and do a real trip report once we make it home. Right now we are waiting out a thunderstorm in Orlando.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:30 PM   #833
ready2vacation
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Sorry you're all sick. You're going to love the Old Faithful Club! It will be cooler in November, but it will also be a bit more crowded, but the decorations will all be up

Since this vacation is subject to change (and change...), I'll wait a while before posting your dates to the Lodgers' Log - just in case
Thanks, I think we are finally on the upswing from all of this. No problem on waiting to post the dates. I think we're going to keep them, but you never know

I do have another general question - if we are able to do our quick (no-kids) trip, it will just be 3 nights at WL. Is it silly to pay extra for club level for a Friday morning to Monday afternoon trip? We haven't stayed CL before, and I'd like to try it that trip to help decide for our longer trip in Nov, but on the other hand I keep thinking about the $ we'd save skipping it. Just curious what others do.

Thanks!
Old 09-17-2012, 09:01 PM   #834
stpats317
Mouseketeer

Nov 23-29 - First stay at WL.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:00 PM   #835
Minnie
DIS Veteran

We just added on 3 days to our trip this fall - 3 days at the BC for SAB and so that DH who has never stayed anywhere other than the WL can hopefully enjoy something new and then 7 days at the WL for a week of peace - absolute relaxation hits me when I hear welcome home. There is just no place like it anywhere in the world.
Old 09-18-2012, 02:43 AM   #836
midge3426
Mouseketeer

Yes, Kook, we are planning on returning to WL next September. If the girls do not go, we plan on going for ten days. If we are with teenagers again, we will do a week. We will probably just do a standard room if it is just us because we were rarely there when the food offerings were out. If we have the teenagers again, we will definitely do Club Level because those girls can certainly pack away food.

When I get my photos uploaded, I will choose a few nice frames of the lodge. I took approximately 1300 of WDW.
Old 09-18-2012, 06:31 AM   #837
marymac123
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone. We arrived yesterday and it is a bit busier now, at the parks and WL. TP says that it goes to an overall 1 today so we will see?.. Randi and Mike are great as usual, a lot of new CMs but they are nice too. We had a tiny blip at check in- we were given bunk bed on south side and I dont know, I hated it over there-inner corner, dark & gloomy. I think 7120?? The room was a bit dirty, hair clumps by vanity and huge dust bunnies on furniture. That was weird cause we have never had that before and only stay WL, never had a bad stay. Randi got us over to the north side and everything is much better. The new tile floor is a bit dirty with bobbipins and hair but Randi said it would be taken care today while we are out. I am starrting fresh today...WL is our home away from home.

KOOK, they are starting a little construction on the Northside next week up here on CL. They are putting "trays" in the ceilings to raise them into the new moldings that they just did in the ceilings. They want depth,if that makes sense? So, we may have to move the last couple days for all of it to begin.Hopefully we won,t have to.
Also,there is some construction going on in the parking lot exit, not sure what yet. DH usually comes back with all the details.

Old 09-18-2012, 07:31 AM   #838
CaliKT
Mouseketeer

So excited! Our flights from Newark to Orlando were originally set to depart at 2:30 pm, getting into MCO at 5:00 pm. There were a number of reasons we chose this instead of leaving that number, and since we originally planned to travel the following morning, we basically looked at it as adding an extra night to our vacation. We knew it wouldn't be a huge park day, but we thought it would be fun to go see the Osborne lights or something.

After we purchased the tickets, however, our flight times changed twice, so now we were leaving at 4:44 pm and getting into MCO at 7:15. Adding in time for the ME, we figured it was a completely lost day and were bummed we'd be getting in so late. Well, DH, airline schmoozer extraordinaire after a decade of being a road warrior, got them to change our flights to one departing at 8:45 a.m. FOR NO CHANGE FEE. We get into MCO around 11 a.m., and now we REALLY have an extra park day for our trip! Wheee! We'll be at WL that much sooner!
Old 09-18-2012, 07:49 AM   #839
StEpHandMiKe<3Disney
DIS Veteran

August2010 has me a bit worried about the standard view now I hope a little pixie dust comes our way. We have stayed above WCC before and it was awful. I dealt with it last time but I think I would try to move if we got a room over there again, even if it means paying for an upgrade. Crossing fingers.
WDW '07 ~ WL Honeymoon WDW '08 ~ WL 1st Anniversary DL Aug '08 ~ HOJO WDW '09 ~ WL 2nd Anniversary WDW Feb '10 ~ WL my Birthday! DL July '10 ~ HOJO WDW May '11 ~ WL 4th Anniversary A WDW Christmas '11 WL WDW Halloween '12
WDW May 2017 WL Daughter's First Trip
Old 09-18-2012, 09:49 AM   #840
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:

November at WL!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCalifornian View Post
I will post more and do a real trip report once we make it home. Right now we are waiting out a thunderstorm in Orlando.
Safe travels home! Congratson the Premier!!!! Thank you for all the wonderful pics..looking forward to more!!!
Quote:
Thanks, I think we are finally on the upswing from all of this. No problem on waiting to post the dates. I think we're going to keep them, but you never know

I do have another general question - if we are able to do our quick (no-kids) trip, it will just be 3 nights at WL. Is it silly to pay extra for club level for a Friday morning to Monday afternoon trip? We haven't stayed CL before, and I'd like to try it that trip to help decide for our longer trip in Nov, but on the other hand I keep thinking about the $ we'd save skipping it. Just curious what others do.

Thanks!
I'm a BAD person to ask... the extra TLC and the quiet peacefulness of OFC....for a Mommy & Daddy trip.....YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymac123 View Post
Hi everyone. We arrived yesterday and it is a bit busier now, at the parks and WL. TP says that it goes to an overall 1 today so we will see?.. Randi and Mike are great as usual, a lot of new CMs but they are nice too. We had a tiny blip at check in- we were given bunk bed on south side and I dont know, I hated it over there-inner corner, dark & gloomy. I think 7120?? The room was a bit dirty, hair clumps by vanity and huge dust bunnies on furniture. That was weird cause we have never had that before and only stay WL, never had a bad stay. Randi got us over to the north side and everything is much better. The new tile floor is a bit dirty with bobbipins and hair but Randi said it would be taken care today while we are out. I am starrting fresh today...WL is our home away from home.
Glad Randy is taking care of you!!!! Shame about the 1st room
Hope you have agreat time at the parks today
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliKT View Post
So excited! Our flights from Newark to Orlando were originally set to depart at 2:30 pm, getting into MCO at 5:00 pm. There were a number of reasons we chose this instead of leaving that number, and since we originally planned to travel the following morning, we basically looked at it as adding an extra night to our vacation. We knew it wouldn't be a huge park day, but we thought it would be fun to go see the Osborne lights or something.

After we purchased the tickets, however, our flight times changed twice, so now we were leaving at 4:44 pm and getting into MCO at 7:15. Adding in time for the ME, we figured it was a completely lost day and were bummed we'd be getting in so late. Well, DH, airline schmoozer extraordinaire after a decade of being a road warrior, got them to change our flights to one departing at 8:45 a.m. FOR NO CHANGE FEE. We get into MCO around 11 a.m., and now we REALLY have an extra park day for our trip! Wheee! We'll be at WL that much sooner!
That's GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: