Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2012, 05:04 PM   #1
aug16
Mouseketeer

Ordering baby supplies online for trip

As anyone ever ordered baby supplies online and had it shipped to their hotel? If so, would you recommend, what site did you use and what would you suggest ordering? I am taking an 11.5 month old down in November and staying at the Boardwalk.
Port Orleans Riverside - May 2010
Boardwalk - November 2009
Port Orleans Riverside - May 2009
Wilderness Lodge - November 2008

Port Orleans Riverside - August 2008
Port Orleans French Quarter - November 2007
Port Orleans Riverside - May 07
Port Orleans French Quarter - Dec 06 - First time during the Christmas Season
Port Orleans Riverside - May 06
Pop Century - Nov 05
Pop Century - April 05
9 trips before these all onsite
aug16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 05:12 PM   #2
shopgirl78
Mouseketeer

I had a toddler in diapers during our last trip. We ordered from garden grocer. They delivered our diapers, wipes, flushable wipes for my then 4 year old, water, kid friendly snacks, etc. There was an ordering fee and min purchase ($40) but they delivered straight to the hotel. It was pretty easy. I remember them having formula & baby food also as well as other baby products.

I have heard of other shipping from Amazon & diapers dot com

Have a great trip!
March 2015 DCL/AoA

8 years 6 years 4 years
shopgirl78 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-17-2012, 07:23 AM   #3
jennylyn_b
Disney Fan for Life :)

For baby items, diapers, swim diapers, wipes, meds, bath wash, snacks etc we order from diapers.com. We use garden grocer for groceries though and they are great. Diapers.com has free two day shipping for orders over $49 which is not hard to do with diapers lol.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
jennylyn_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:46 AM   #4
jillianjigs7
DVC Member

I'm another diapers.com lover when away on vacation! (well when at home too!) They will ship it right to the hotel and hold it until you get there!

jillianjigs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:02 PM   #5
HoosierMomma
Earning My Ears

How about walmart.com? I was checking their website and saw that I could order bottled water, some basic snacks, & diapers and get free shipping for orders over $40.

I have just never ordered something to have it sent to a hotel, does anyone have advice on when to place order, how long will hotel hold it, etc?
HoosierMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:34 PM   #6
jaleaton
I walked into a Target bathroom and it smelled like Disney World!

I've just been debating this whole thing too. Honestly, for me it's going to be cheaper to pay the 2nd checked luggage fee ($25) for the way down. I plan on nicely packaging a box full of diapers, wipes, formula, toiletries, and some food items. If I were to ship a box via FedEx or UPS, it would be approximately $15 (for a 15lb. box, 3 day ground shipping) + the holding fee. Not all resorts have this fee, but if you're staying at a convention center resort, they may tack on an additional $5 or $10 holding fee for your box. I also like this way versus an outside grocer because I know I can pack exactly what I like/use (for example we use the Up and Up brand of formula b/c it's cheaper and the baby does well with it), and know what I'm paying for them at my own local store vs. the same stuff that those companies usually charge more for.

Another option I'm thinking of is to pack everything in an extra suitcase that would still fit the carry on item size. That way I can check it on the way down, and then just use it as a carry on item on the way home since I'll no longer have the food items, or nearly as much in it since we'll be using everything while down there, which may be nice if we buy anything, and need extra storage.
June 2006:Engaged at WDW, July 2007:Honeymoon at CBR, Oct. 2008:POFQ & 1st MNSSHP, Jan. 2009:OKW & VWL w/ Kayla87 & TKTommy, Oct. 2009: 1st Trip as DVC Members @ BLT w/ Kayla87 & TKTommy (Isabelle's 1st Trip), June 2010: AKL , May 2011: BLT, June 2011: OKW,November 2012: BLT (Juliet's 1st Trip) October 2013: BLT, January 2014: AKL,May 2014: Boardwalk,
jaleaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:38 PM   #7
jaleaton
I walked into a Target bathroom and it smelled like Disney World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierMomma View Post
How about walmart.com? I was checking their website and saw that I could order bottled water, some basic snacks, & diapers and get free shipping for orders over $40.

I have just never ordered something to have it sent to a hotel, does anyone have advice on when to place order, how long will hotel hold it, etc?
This thread may help you:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....shipping+a+box
June 2006:Engaged at WDW, July 2007:Honeymoon at CBR, Oct. 2008:POFQ & 1st MNSSHP, Jan. 2009:OKW & VWL w/ Kayla87 & TKTommy, Oct. 2009: 1st Trip as DVC Members @ BLT w/ Kayla87 & TKTommy (Isabelle's 1st Trip), June 2010: AKL , May 2011: BLT, June 2011: OKW,November 2012: BLT (Juliet's 1st Trip) October 2013: BLT, January 2014: AKL,May 2014: Boardwalk,
jaleaton is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: