Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2012, 12:39 PM   #1
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa

We just returned on September 2nd from a week-long stay at Westgate Lakes Resort and Spa. For anyone wanting to know more about the resort, I just posted a detailed review with lots of pictures (of the villa and the resort amenities) on the Hotel & Accommodation Reviews sub-board.

If anyone has any specific questions, please feel free to ask.

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! PTR in progress: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 09:42 AM   #2
DawnM
Dawn

I am interested to see what you have written. Our worst stay ever was at this resort.

living with 4 boys (dh included)
DawnM is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-15-2012, 09:55 AM   #3
DawnM
Dawn

I see you stayed in the new section, so it is probably much nicer than the old section we stayed in.

But the entire experience left such a bad taste in our mouths that we will never stay there again.

living with 4 boys (dh included)
DawnM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 07:09 PM   #4
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnM View Post
I see you stayed in the new section, so it is probably much nicer than the old section we stayed in.

But the entire experience left such a bad taste in our mouths that we will never stay there again.
Sorry to hear that. We very much enjoyed the stay. Our only complaint? No free internet (and I refused to pay the $9.95 daily charge). But it was as much a blessing as a curse....it gave me a good reason to "disconnect" from home for a week and REALLY "get away".

We wouldn't hesitate to go back.

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! PTR in progress: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 02:46 PM   #5
Judyat
Mouseketeer

We stayed there awhile back in building 19 I think. It was not one of the newer ones but still nice. We had a pool on each side across the street so they were nice and close. Had a 2 bedroom with nice screened in porch and we enjoyed our stay.
Judyat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 03:22 PM   #6
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

really hated westgate - those sales people are pests.

that say recently stayed at Westgate Villa (the one use to own) - because they changed the rules and allowed pets again (they did in 1999 - but soon changed the rules to no pets)

anyway the extra charge for cleaning the room was $80 - it was a very nice 2-bedroom. Now really still don't like the westgate sales - but my cats had a lovely time. So would stay again. if your pet does damage the charge could be $155.

this time since I didn't kept answering the phone when they called - one actually came to my villa while we were there. talk about them trying to bully....

the reason did not stay in CWR was there were none in RCI last minute call and there was Westgate.

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 03:37 PM   #7
darrius1st
Mouseketeer

Our family has stayed here 2 times and the resort was great only problem was parking and the condo was a little dated but staff was nice and the resort was clean. We even went fishing at the lake. I use to own here but sold it sold it but it's not anywhere near as bad as everyone said.
2006-Comfort Suites Universal-2008- Magical Memories-2009-Harbour Lake-2010-Bonnet Creek-Summer 2011-Bonnet Creek and Westgate Lakes-June 2012-Sheraton Vistana Villages-July 2013-The Fountains and Bonnet Creek

darrius1st is offline   Reply With Quote