Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2012, 01:23 PM   #31
rachbelle
Mouseketeer

I loved the christmas shops when we went last month, especially the one in disneyland park, felt mega festive even in the heat!
rachbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 02:01 PM   #32
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachbelle View Post
I loved the christmas shops when we went last month, especially the one in disneyland park, felt mega festive even in the heat!
Are you talking about the one in the Castle ? I love that one even though it's really tiny

Vive la différence
Carrie_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-09-2012, 02:16 PM   #33
rachbelle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie_Cat

Are you talking about the one in the Castle ? I love that one even though it's really tiny
Yup! It was fab! Had trouble with my buggy in there but it was perfect! :-)
rachbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:51 AM   #34
KatieDisneyDarcy
Mickey's biggest fan

It is a bit disappointing but I'm still really excited to go! As others have said I've never been at Christmas before and so won't notice the holes as much. I'm very excited for the parade and snow on Main Street and just being in Disney generally!

It's a shame they are having to cut back but really where isn't at the moment? Even WDW have hiked prices and cut EMH without adding other things in.

I'm just going to focus on what special things ARE happening for Christmas instead of the things that aren't.
KatieDisneyDarcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:21 AM   #35
Mum to Belle
Thinks she may know someone who has a planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieDisneyDarcy View Post
I'm just going to focus on what special things ARE happening for Christmas instead of the things that aren't.

Me too! The snow on Main Street with the Christmas music is just....
Mum to Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:37 AM   #36
bbrown1226
Mouseketeer

Can anyone confirm if they will be lighting the castle at night during the Christmas season? This has been the most magical moments of our visits!
bbrown1226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:51 AM   #37
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrown1226 View Post
Can anyone confirm if they will be lighting the castle at night during the Christmas season? This has been the most magical moments of our visits!
Unknown as yet .. if they do it will no doubt be only the tower roofs like last year.

Vive la différence
Old 09-17-2012, 05:37 AM   #38
tennisfan
Was told off for sliding down the banister at the SL
South Africa or California for me
Popped to the Boots

DISboards Moderator

I hope the mini parade is along the lines of the old Christmas parade with the toy soldiers etc, its so much better then the one that they used from the 15th anniversary parade since.

Trips:
DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, October, 1994, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 1998, DLRP - Hotel New York, June, 1999, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 1999, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 2000, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 2001, Walt Disney Studios preview, February, 2002, DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, August, 2002, New York City, Easter 2004, DLRP - Hotel New York, August, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, November, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, September, 2005, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, Easter 2007, DLRP - Kyriad, June 2007 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2009 DLRP - Day trip, November 2009 New York City, February 2010 DLRP - Disneyland Hotel, June 2010 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, September 2010 Stratosphere Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010 DLRP - Day trip, January 2011, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, August 2011, DLRP - Day trip, January 2012, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2012, DLRP - Santa Fe, November 2012,
tennisfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:58 AM   #39
DLPDreams
I am like a child in a sweet shop, all hyper on sugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfan View Post
I hope the mini parade is along the lines of the old Christmas parade with the toy soldiers etc, its so much better then the one that they used from the 15th anniversary parade since.
I agree (having seen video footage). It does appear that there is going to be a separate mini Christmas parade this time from the release (fingers crossed as it will be fab), but sometimes what we interpret isn't quite what happens at DLRP .

For example, look at the issue they created this year mentioning free FPs in their benefits of booking in their 20th year - plenty people thought they would get FPs with the booking (which to be fair, it was almost what it sounded like!) when in fact it was just the usual FPs from the machines!

Back on topic - I've always loved to the look of those Nutcracker type soldiers - sooo Christmassy! I read somewhere that they think the Character train is going to be taken off in lieu of this parade....?

DLPDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:02 PM   #40
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLPDreams View Post

Back on topic - I've always loved to the look of those Nutcracker type soldiers - sooo Christmassy! I read somewhere that they think the Character train is going to be taken off in lieu of this parade....?
Was last year I think, have a memory gap now, will ask OH

Vive la différence
Old 09-17-2012, 12:08 PM   #41
DLPDreams
I am like a child in a sweet shop, all hyper on sugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie_Cat View Post
Was last year I think, have a memory gap now, will ask OH
Thanks Carrie!

Tbh, I wouldn't be too worried at all if it were the case - that is the one thing of the 20th year that I could do without (plus it means I can leave my sunglasses behind !). I know others may not be so impressed if it isn't on especially if they haven't seen it yet I guess!

DLPDreams is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: