Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 10:50 AM   #3361
MelMeg
Mouseketeer

Did you have to pay extra for the king room?
Old 09-15-2012, 02:00 PM   #3362
sjenkins49
Earning My Ears

Room Request

I know it is not easy to get a room request but I would at lest like to be close to the one I am requesting. We stayed at CSR Ranchos 6B Room 6763 on our first trip to WDW. We also stayed in the same room on our 2nd trip. On our 4th trip I requested the same room but was put in Ranchos 7B Room 7630 and hated it. My wife who does not like to make a scene "even if it is just requesting another room" wanted to just stay in the room that was given to us. I guess my biggest issue was when I request the room the cast member just seemed to ignore me and just heard the word Ranchos.

Now on to my question, I have requested the room we want when I booked to a couple of weeks ago. If the room is not available when we arrive I would like to be put in a room as close as posable. Can someone tell me how the rooms are numbered. I know room 6763 is on the third floor and one room away from a corner room. Would the rooms run in order i.e. 6762, 6763, 6764?

Also should I call ahead of time and request it again?

Thanks for your help.
07/19/09 – 07/25/09 Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
03/24/10 – 03/31/10 Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
06/04/11 – 06/11/11 Disney's Yacht Club
01/20/12 – 01/23/12 Disney's Pop Century Resort
06/02/12 – 06/10/12 Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
10/07/12 – 10/12/12 Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
03/16/13 – 03/20/13 Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista
06/08/13 – 06/15/13 Disney's Wilderness Lodge Resort
06/07/14 – 06/15/14 Disney's Yacht Club
10/13/14 – 10/20/14 Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-16-2012, 10:47 AM   #3363
cindyfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjenkins49 View Post
I know it is not easy to get a room request but I would at lest like to be close to the one I am requesting. We stayed at CSR Ranchos 6B Room 6763 on our first trip to WDW. We also stayed in the same room on our 2nd trip. On our 4th trip I requested the same room but was put in Ranchos 7B Room 7630 and hated it. My wife who does not like to make a scene "even if it is just requesting another room" wanted to just stay in the room that was given to us. I guess my biggest issue was when I request the room the cast member just seemed to ignore me and just heard the word Ranchos.

Now on to my question, I have requested the room we want when I booked to a couple of weeks ago. If the room is not available when we arrive I would like to be put in a room as close as posable. Can someone tell me how the rooms are numbered. I know room 6763 is on the third floor and one room away from a corner room. Would the rooms run in order i.e. 6762, 6763, 6764?

Also should I call ahead of time and request it again?

Thanks for your help.
As you stated....... it is not easy to get a room request!
Most people are lucky to get the section they request. And quite honestly..... the CM at the desk when you check in cant really control how the rooms are initially assigned. They can look by section to see what is available at the time.

I would be thrilled to get the "section" I wanted. To request a particular room especially at a moderate is a bit extreme.

I would suggest to figure out what your issue was with the room you didn't like.
Then prioritize your requests..... such as.... section you want, then...close to the pool (or not), first floor (or not?) near the bus stop?

That gives you and the CM a bit more to work with to make everyone happy!
Old 09-16-2012, 12:20 PM   #3364
maediya
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelMeg View Post
Did you have to pay extra for the king room?
nope, free upgrade
Old 09-16-2012, 12:22 PM   #3365
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

Did online check in this morning for CSR, just 10 more days
Old 09-16-2012, 12:35 PM   #3366
MelMeg
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the info, booked a standard room for end of Nov. Now thinking of asking if a king is available at check in.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:57 AM   #3367
saffsmom
Mouseketeer

13 days!!!!
the weather has finally changed here so i can actually start packing!!!!
can. not. WAIT!

first visit....surprise! @ CSR 09/30-10/06

Old 09-17-2012, 12:45 PM   #3368
Jasonstubbo
Earning My Ears

Coronado Springs and quick service dining plan

Hi all - first time poster here, hope this is in the right place!

I am current planning a WDW trip for Sep 2013 (very excited about it by the way!)

At the minute the plan is to stay at a moderate resort to take advantage of the quick service dining plan being thrown in for free. Having looked at all the options/costs my preferance is definately for a stay in Coronado Springs, very closely followed by Caribbean Beach Resort.

One concern I have is that looking at the info available on this site and the official Disney site for quick service dining in 2013 it seems there are no outlets I can use this for at Coronado Springs, am I understanding this right?

Whilst we will not be eating at the hotel all the time I think it would be frustrating not being able to have the option without having to pay for it.

Do you think I would be better off going for Caribbean Beach which does seem to have a resturant included in the quick service dining plan? Or is it likely Disney may add in an option at CSR by the time Sep 2013 comes around?

Thanks for reading, thoughts appreciated!
Old 09-17-2012, 01:58 PM   #3369
Disneynut4ever
DIS Veteran

We are also wanting to stay either at the CBR or CSR. I am leaning toward Coronado but it seems to be a "convention" resort. Will I not get the "Disney feel" at Coronodo -- will there be people in suits, etc. making it feel too much like a business trip?
*Caribbean Beach * All Star Movies * Dixie Landings * Port Orleans Riverside * Animal Kingdom Lodge * Disney Cruise - Wonder * Beach Club * Port Orleans French Quarter * Polynesian * Port Orleans Riverside * All Star Music * Coronado Springs
Old 09-17-2012, 02:03 PM   #3370
Ilivetogo
I really DO want to live there!
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneynut4ever View Post
We are also wanting to stay either at the CBR or CSR. I am leaning toward Coronado but it seems to be a "convention" resort. Will I not get the "Disney feel" at Coronodo -- will there be people in suits, etc. making it feel too much like a business trip?
There are conventions going on all the time at CSR and you would barely even know they're there. I've been twice and I can honestly say I saw ONE guy with a lanyard around his neck and carrying a cell phone while walking around. Others have noted that the most they see conventioneers is early morning while getting coffee (before they get started) or later evening around the bars. I know there is one particular convention that literally takes over the entire grounds once during the year (I believe it's in March??), but otherwise, the resort is fantastic, beautiful and you should barely even notice the conventioneers.

Old 09-17-2012, 02:17 PM   #3371
1railisenough
Earning My Ears

We will be at CSR starting Saturday and have a 7:50 AM ADR on Sunday at Cape May Cafe (Beach Club). What's the best way to get there this early?
Old 09-17-2012, 02:52 PM   #3372
sunsetbeachgal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1railisenough View Post
We will be at CSR starting Saturday and have a 7:50 AM ADR on Sunday at Cape May Cafe (Beach Club). What's the best way to get there this early?
I'm assuming you don't have a rental car...how about Taking a taxi? I would think it would be way too time consuming to try to get there any other way...The have a ball desk at CSR..you might ask them to make arrangements the night before unless they say taxis are readily available..

Family Reunion trip at Disney ASMu Nov. 7-13, 2010. It was perfect
March, 2012 Disney getaway at Coronado Springs for the adults only!
October, 2012 went to Disneyland..and I've never seen such crowds anywhere in my life!
June 15-22, 2013. Family trip to WDW at POFQ First WDW Summer trip..fantastic!
March, 2014. Universal Studios and cruise on Freedom of the Seas
January, 2015, Art of Animation
Old 09-17-2012, 04:17 PM   #3373
Donna in NJ
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1railisenough View Post
Last July we stayed at CBR and has a early ADR at the Boardwalk. One of the bus drivers told us to tell the HS bus driver where we wanted to go. He said if the bus driver has time he can drop off at the boardwalk after HS. The driver had no problem dropping us off that day. If they are to busy there is a walking path from HS to the Boardwalk. 7:50 might be a little to early to be able to make the walk in time.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:27 PM   #3374
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonstubbo View Post
One concern I have is that looking at the info available on this site and the official Disney site for quick service dining in 2013 it seems there are no outlets I can use this for at Coronado Springs, am I understanding this right?
According to the WDW website, there are 4 options for using quick service credits.

Cafe Rix - Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
Laguna Pool Bar - Lunch and Dinner
Pepper Market - Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
Siestas Cantina - Lunch

Check out page 2 of this link.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/med...ickService.pdf
Old 09-17-2012, 04:55 PM   #3375
Mrs Doubtfire
DIS Veteran

Just about to book our first stay at CSR. There are 3 of us, including out DD age 13. Any tips for newbies? I just looked at all the photos and resort information at the beginning of this thread and it looks great

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: