Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2012, 07:31 PM   #1
c0pperboom
Mouseketeer

Alumni/Campus Reps who have done more than one program!

Hey all! I just applied for the Spring Advantage 2013 CP. I am an alumni/campus rep, and my phone interview is scheduled for Sunday! I was wondering what kind of questions they usually ask alums rather then what they ask first time applicants! Is it very different?

Also, if I do get in, I know I don't have to go through Traditions again, but can I opt to? Tbh I loved it and would enjoy doing it a second time!

Thanks and have a magical evening!
Spring Advantage 2013 Vacation Planner

June 2003: Offsite, January 2011: Coronado Springs Resort, July 2011: POP Century, October 2011: Caribbean Beach Resort,
May 2012: Polynesian Resort CL, October 2012: Port Orleans Riverside
c0pperboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:08 PM   #2
DisneyGirlie
DIS Veteran

Hey I've only done one program and I'm currently a campus rep too, but I applied for SA '13 and had my phone interview on Sunday as well. So I more or less just wanted to comment instead of answer the question since we're past that now haha.

To be honest, I think I had a really bad interviewer. He was very robotic and did not allow me any room to like share anything personal about myself so they would know about my "preferences" for locations within the role. For my first CP, I remember talking about "I would love to do attractions and my favorite is Haunted Mansion." This guy just didn't even give me the chance to say anything like that.

However, rant over. I just wanted to share that my interview was the exact same this time as it was the first time, but with slightly modified questions. Instead of asking if I've lived with other people on campus before, he asked me "Since you've lived in CP housing, tell me one problem you've had with your roommates and how you solved it." I also got asked if I work better on a team or individually, what qualifies me for the roles I applied for, and what paced work environment I prefer.

I was really hoping for a special type of "easy" interview since I'm an alum, but I didn't really get that
1994-2004 Off-site * Spring 2005 Caribbean Beach- Martinique * Spring 2006 All-Star Movies- Fantasia * Nov. 18- Nov. 24 2006 Pop Century- '50s * March 2nd-7th 2007 Pop Century- '80s * Oct. 12- Oct. 17th 2007 Pop Century- '60s * Feb. 2- Feb. 8th 2008 Polynesian- Hawaii*Sept. 27th-Oct. 3rd 2008 Grand Floridian- Boca Chica*Dec. 13- Dec 17th 2008 Port Orleans Riverside- Oak Manor*May 16- May 23rd 2009 Beach Club Resort*Aug. 10-Aug. 13th 2009 Pop Century- '50s.*Dec. 10- Dec. 13th 2009 Yacht Club Resort*March 6-10th 2010 Contemporary MK View*July 31st- Aug 7th 2010 Contemporary MK View
October 27-October 30 2010 Pop Century*Animal Kingdom Lodge- Dec. 11-16th 2010*June 8th-13th 2011 Coronado Springs- Cabanas.* Fall Advantage College Program 6/11-1/12*Boardwalk Inn August 2012*October 2012 All-Star Sports*January 2013 Port Orleans French Quarter*1/21/13-8/13 Spring Advantage College Program
DisneyGirlie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-17-2012, 10:55 AM   #3
c0pperboom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyGirlie View Post
Hey I've only done one program and I'm currently a campus rep too, but I applied for SA '13 and had my phone interview on Sunday as well. So I more or less just wanted to comment instead of answer the question since we're past that now haha.

To be honest, I think I had a really bad interviewer. He was very robotic and did not allow me any room to like share anything personal about myself so they would know about my "preferences" for locations within the role. For my first CP, I remember talking about "I would love to do attractions and my favorite is Haunted Mansion." This guy just didn't even give me the chance to say anything like that.

However, rant over. I just wanted to share that my interview was the exact same this time as it was the first time, but with slightly modified questions. Instead of asking if I've lived with other people on campus before, he asked me "Since you've lived in CP housing, tell me one problem you've had with your roommates and how you solved it." I also got asked if I work better on a team or individually, what qualifies me for the roles I applied for, and what paced work environment I prefer.

I was really hoping for a special type of "easy" interview since I'm an alum, but I didn't really get that
I FEEL THE SAME WAY! I didn't talk about any of my favorite parks or anything. She was very nice, but it did not go how I thought it would either. My first interview was amazing, but this one left me feeling very.. "eh."

I didn't get asked about preferences either and it made me upset because I really want to work in MK this time if I get in.
Spring Advantage 2013 Vacation Planner

June 2003: Offsite, January 2011: Coronado Springs Resort, July 2011: POP Century, October 2011: Caribbean Beach Resort,
May 2012: Polynesian Resort CL, October 2012: Port Orleans Riverside
c0pperboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:32 AM   #4
DisneyGirlie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0pperboom View Post
I FEEL THE SAME WAY! I didn't talk about any of my favorite parks or anything. She was very nice, but it did not go how I thought it would either. My first interview was amazing, but this one left me feeling very.. "eh."

I didn't get asked about preferences either and it made me upset because I really want to work in MK this time if I get in.
Totally. My interview was so dry, I'm really afraid that it impacted me during it. I keep thinking I didn't take it upon myself to force my personality through and was I happy enough? Obviously in my first interview we didn't discuss every role because that would take forever (I checked off a lot), but we did discuss quite a few. This time, I selected just as many roles, and the guy only asked me about 2. And they were related to each other (concierge and hospitality). I would love those roles, but I also would have loved to discuss attractions because I want to do attractions very badly. Preferably splash mountain or haunted mansion, but I wouldn't have been picky

This wait is killing me! haha.
1994-2004 Off-site * Spring 2005 Caribbean Beach- Martinique * Spring 2006 All-Star Movies- Fantasia * Nov. 18- Nov. 24 2006 Pop Century- '50s * March 2nd-7th 2007 Pop Century- '80s * Oct. 12- Oct. 17th 2007 Pop Century- '60s * Feb. 2- Feb. 8th 2008 Polynesian- Hawaii*Sept. 27th-Oct. 3rd 2008 Grand Floridian- Boca Chica*Dec. 13- Dec 17th 2008 Port Orleans Riverside- Oak Manor*May 16- May 23rd 2009 Beach Club Resort*Aug. 10-Aug. 13th 2009 Pop Century- '50s.*Dec. 10- Dec. 13th 2009 Yacht Club Resort*March 6-10th 2010 Contemporary MK View*July 31st- Aug 7th 2010 Contemporary MK View
October 27-October 30 2010 Pop Century*Animal Kingdom Lodge- Dec. 11-16th 2010*June 8th-13th 2011 Coronado Springs- Cabanas.* Fall Advantage College Program 6/11-1/12*Boardwalk Inn August 2012*October 2012 All-Star Sports*January 2013 Port Orleans French Quarter*1/21/13-8/13 Spring Advantage College Program
DisneyGirlie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alumni, campus rep, disney college program

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: