Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2012, 09:05 PM   #946
PrincePluto
Disneyholic

Awesome unit! You really got a great view of the ocean!

From Freezing to Sweating on a Daily Basis - A December 2013 Trip Report (Finished)

A 2010 Semi-Solo Trip Report (Retrospective) (Finished)

It's Deja Vu All Over Again! Another Unexpected Solo Trip

February 1978 (Fort Wilderness), June 1992 (Off-Site), May 1997 (Off-Site), May 1999 (Off-Site), October 2008 (Off-Site timeshare), November 2009 (Off-Site timeshare), October 2010 (Off-Site timeshare (same one as 2008)), July 2013 (Off-Site timeshare (same one as 2008 and 2010)), December 2013 (Same timeshare as July 2013)

PrincePluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:13 PM   #947
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

What a beautiful room! I love the picture of the family on the balcony-you're right you can tell how happy everyone is.

Can't wait to hear more about the Vero Beach experience!
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-16-2012, 10:50 PM   #948
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post

Well, at least SOMEBODY loves me.........
Awww I love flowers.

When you are right you are right....
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:02 AM   #949
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
The food looks good but I was just thinking about how much sodium is in Chinese food. I've been trying to do low sodium and yes once you cut back you really taste the salt in everything.

This is so true. Since I've been watching everything I eat, I've noticed how much salt and sugar is in everything!!
To the point I become sick to my stomach if I eat something that has too much of either in it. Which in turn is a nice benifit when you want to lose weight, that way you won't eat stuff you shouldn't.

I've never heard of dipping your card. I have lived in the South my entire life and I don't "mash" buttons but I do like mashed potatoes. Believe it or not even the south says different things depending on where in the south you happen to be.

This is soooo true!! The differences can be between "Girl, you sure look good." to "Oooooooweee, darlin!! You look perttier than a new set of snow tires!" Or Right close vs. Stone's throw away. I've got lots of these, growing up in the midwest and having cousin's from Georgia, it's hard not to grow up with these things stuck in your head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
It was a great group!

We would have loved to have had you there as well. So, if you're ever in the neighborhood...
I would have loved being there!!

I'm wanting to shoot for a NYC visit some time in the next couple of years, would that be too far? Mackenzie and I want to see NYC and I've always wanted to see it during Christmas time. Not sure if that's the best time to visit, but something I'm thinking about. I'm sure Brook will let me in on the best time to visit.

Lauren's TR of NYC was great!! I loved seeing things through her eyes, she's a lovely young lady and y'all should be so proud. I wouldn't worry too much about sending her off to school.

Vero Beach villa is amazing!! What a great view!! I'm curious as to what you'll do while you're there. I'm sure you'll do lots since that's the kind of planner you are. As for me....I'm not sure I could just sit on a beach and look at an ocean for more than a day or so. I'm worried I'd start to go stir crazy, I'd have to be up and about, doing something or going somewhere.

Un-Tangled....How I Got My Life Back-PTR, You Just Lost 80 Pounds-TR
DisneyLand 1989-twice-Nov.1995, Nov.1998, Nov.2001
DisneyWorld-May'07-Stayed @ POP, July'08-Off Property, May'10-Stayed @ CSR, May '13- Stayed @ POP,AofA,CSR & POR-All in one trip!
Millie12591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:36 AM   #950
Flossbolna
Sea days are just so relaxing!
Once you are as old as I am, you will understand!

Quote:
Well, at least SOMEBODY loves me.........
We all love you Marv!!

You seem to have an equally strained relationship with the rules committee in this TR as you had in Glen's previous...
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:04 AM   #951
ShortStuff
Mouseketeer

Awesome view!!! Made me ready to go to the beach!! How cool that Lauren had mail waiting!! I will say, that I love the Disney touches at every resort, but the dresser/tv table was really cute!!

Looking forward to more!!

Sept. 2012 TR: It's a Jungle Out There!!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2989662
ShortStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:46 AM   #952
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Wow, you really did well with that room assignment! Nice view and a beautiful suite.
afwdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:13 AM   #953
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Wow, that really is a great view! That settles it, I'm trying the "not checking in online" trick next time.

I love the picture of everyone smiling at the view.
Captain_Oblivious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:46 PM   #954
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

very nice view, and good pics around the room and of making sure you were able to get pretty much the whole place before it was move in ready.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
7 Judy's Marv's micro wave plus the one with Judy looking in the bathroom there is a reflection of her shadow in the mirror !!!!!!!!
ohhh sooooo close...i would have given you an eagle eye for the shadow one that was a good fine even though it didnt count as a
"official" judy

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
FauntleroyFAN07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:38 PM   #955
Sunset Cliffs
DIS Veteran

Just catching up, as I was very behind. Your room was amazing! The first 2 pictures you posted sucked me right in. I love pictures with a hallway that lead to something unseen...but you know it's gonna be good. The Master bedroom was beautiful too.

My favorite picture is your whole family on the balcony, looking at the ocean an smiling. What a perfect vacation moment. So happy you were able to catch in on your camera.
Sunset Cliffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:04 AM   #956
Reddog1134
DIS Veteran

They look like the rooms at OKW which we LOVE!!!

I would like to stay at all the DVC resorts because...well, because I'm slightly obsessive about unnecessary things like that. But I'm hoping your trip report will give me a more valid reason for Vero Beach.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:57 PM   #957
MissLiz
DIS Veteran

Wow! You guys got a great view!

So, did you wear your First Time buttons? I giggled when we got ours. I would never have thought that you'd get them at Vero Beach.

We really can't wait to go back. We just loved it there.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:53 AM   #958
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post

I finally got a point!! And I actually verified that it was Judy's feet before my first post - there are pictures that show both Marlene's and Lauren's feet, so I knew that neither of the two had white shoes.
You did well!

Quote:
The laundry is one thing that makes truly consider the one bedroom. My next trip might be longer as I am thinking of adding a cruise. So being able to do laundry in my own villa would be very convenient. The studios still have free access to a laundry room - but there you need to hand around while the stuff is in there.
Ooo, a cruise would be great. You’re treated like royalty on those, from what I’ve seen.

Thanks for the info. on the laundry, having never stayed in a studio I didn’t know that. You’d have to pay for the detergent obviously, but the machines themselves are free?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidgyness View Post
Ah, cool!
Yes, very!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Way late here but 5 definite and the I am actually going to agree with Marv here. ( I know, what is the world coming to? ) for number 6.
Gee, thanks!

Quote:
I was out of town and only had my phone. I think if time stamps are not messed up again, looking at it around the time Marv was but the size of the pictures on the app did not allow the super zooming so I had to catch up when I got home and if you can see the reflection, it does look like Judy.
Like Judy? It just looks like a blob...she'll be so happy to hear that.

Quote:
I know points are already awarded but I thought I would just chime in.

Quote:
What a gorgeous view. I actually just stopped and stared at the at view for a while.

Quote:
My recent point addition will allow a one bedroom stay once and a while. Certainly don't need it when travelling solo or can really justify it but is sure nice to have the space and the laundry.
That’ll be nice! You could invite friends too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneybuckeye View Post
Home from India and glad to see more updates.
Welcome home. I’m glad you got back safely.

Quote:
Thanks for the pictures of the Vero suites Glenn. It may be years (or never) before we are there as my mother has a house by the beach on the gulf so it would be hard to justify. It does look nice and is very tempting if that view could be guaranteed.
My sister-in-law lives nearby, so we kinda have an alternative place to stay, but with 5 of us that’s a pretty tall order so the DVC-thing actually works out better.

Unfortunately, the view isn’t guaranteed. I’m sure the other views are nice…I don’t think any really faced parking lots or things like that, but this one was exceptional.

Quote:
That is great that you can stay in a one bedroom to conserve points. When we take our three kids it is a two bedroom or we would have dead people in our family.
Oh, we still have lots of complaints…snoring, being messy, etc. And then there are the kids. Ba dum bum. No, as long as we have enough beds, they just have to deal with it.

Quote:
Darn I just can't win !!! It was a reflection of a shadow so does that make a difference????
Yes, shadows don’t count…that’s just too much to keep track of!

Quote:
But Marv didn't win either so I am sure he will be appealing to the Rules Committee
He’s never “appealed”….complained, yes!

Quote:
Another one of those inexplicable random rulings by the Rules Committee. As I pointed out, Judy IS indeed near the kitchen as evidenced in the picture immediately after (check the time stamp on the picture), and based on her location with respect to the kitchen island, she is located immediately out in front of the microwave. Since James, Marlene, Lauren.............and even Glenn have hair that is "flat" to their heads, and the reflection in the microwave shows hair "sticking up" as Judy's does, it is a huge stretch to say otherwise than that is indeed Judy! That is way more obvious than a silhouette in a supposed mirror of a store, especially when a silhouette is the same as a shadow............
The Rules Committee disagrees. The store picture was sooo obviously Judy and Lauren and the sign over them. This is just a blob, but you got your Eagle-eye point for seeing it even though it can’t be confirmed 100%.

Quote:
Yes, have been to HHIR three or four times. Had to figure out how to use up all those developer points somehow when we bought into DVC. Not really the layout as much as the look of the building on the outside, and the decor in the rooms that remind me of HHIR.
Hilton Head looks really nice, we’ll have to get there sometime but it’ll be a few years. I’d like to go in the late summer / early fall when the water’s still warm, but the demand (and points) are lower. With Judy teaching though, that’ll be a while.
glennbo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:54 AM   #959
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincePluto View Post
Awesome unit! You really got a great view of the ocean!
We sure couldn’t complain about the suite…we loved it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
What a beautiful room! I love the picture of the family on the balcony-you're right you can tell how happy everyone is.
Thanks, I like that one too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Can't wait to hear more about the Vero Beach experience!
I’ll have to figure out how to write it up….there are some events/activities that’ll easily be chapters, but others are more like “went to the beach…”, so we’ll see!

Quote:
When you are right you are right....
…and when you’re not, you appeal apparently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie12591 View Post

This is soooo true!! The differences can be between "Girl, you sure look good." to "Oooooooweee, darlin!! You look perttier than a new set of snow tires!" Or Right close vs. Stone's throw away. I've got lots of these, growing up in the midwest and having cousin's from Georgia, it's hard not to grow up with these things stuck in your head.
You sound like GreatBiscuit! Do they really use that “snow tires” one in Texas???

Quote:
I'm wanting to shoot for a NYC visit some time in the next couple of years, would that be too far? Mackenzie and I want to see NYC and I've always wanted to see it during Christmas time. Not sure if that's the best time to visit, but something I'm thinking about. I'm sure Brook will let me in on the best time to visit.
Yeah it’s probably a little far for a meet. I’ve actually only ever been to NYC one day on a business trip.

Brook can definitely help you with some plans.

Quote:
Lauren's TR of NYC was great!! I loved seeing things through her eyes, she's a lovely young lady and y'all should be so proud. I wouldn't worry too much about sending her off to school.
I’m glad you liked her write-up. I was glad I could get her to do it, and we were running short on time as school got closer.

Thanks for the compliments! She seems to have settled into college really well.

Quote:
Vero Beach villa is amazing!! What a great view!! I'm curious as to what you'll do while you're there. I'm sure you'll do lots since that's the kind of planner you are. As for me....I'm not sure I could just sit on a beach and look at an ocean for more than a day or so. I'm worried I'd start to go stir crazy, I'd have to be up and about, doing something or going somewhere.
I didn’t plan too much for this portion of the trip…obviously some beach time, and I reserved a turtle walk. Other than that, we’d check out the daily activities that the resort offered and see if anyone was interested.

Quote:
You seem to have an equally strained relationship with the rules committee in this TR as you had in Glen's previous...
Marv is the common denominator, because the Rules Committee has a rotating membership of individuals dividing time between this and other super-secret organizations such as the Illuminati, Skull and Bones, Costco membership etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortStuff View Post
Awesome view!!! Made me ready to go to the beach!! How cool that Lauren had mail waiting!! I will say, that I love the Disney touches at every resort, but the dresser/tv table was really cute!!

Looking forward to more!!
Cool! Get to the beach ShortStuff!

You’re right, that dresser/tv thing was nice -- the painted wood was very “beachy”.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Wow, you really did well with that room assignment! Nice view and a beautiful suite.
Somehow we won the lottery with that room assignment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Wow, that really is a great view! That settles it, I'm trying the "not checking in online" trick next time.
Well, I hope you get to try it very soon!

But, we’ll have to see how it works out for us at our next resort…

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
I love the picture of everyone smiling at the view.
Thanks, I like it too. You can get a sense of the joy and excitement they had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
very nice view, and good pics around the room and of making sure you were able to get pretty much the whole place before it was move in ready.
You know it’s not easy to get those pictures before the whole place looks very “lived in”!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
ohhh sooooo close...i would have given you an eagle eye for the shadow one that was a good fine even though it didnt count as a
"official" judy
Yeah, I’m a little stingy…it makes the points more valuable though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset Cliffs View Post
Just catching up, as I was very behind. Your room was amazing! The first 2 pictures you posted sucked me right in. I love pictures with a hallway that lead to something unseen...but you know it's gonna be good. The Master bedroom was beautiful too.
Great! I’m glad you liked ‘em. I was trying to give you a sense of what it was like to enter the suite, and where everything was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset Cliffs View Post
My favorite picture is your whole family on the balcony, looking at the ocean an smiling. What a perfect vacation moment. So happy you were able to catch in on your camera.
Aw thanks! I like that one too…it may not be a great “picture”, but you get a sense of the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddog1134 View Post
They look like the rooms at OKW which we LOVE!!!
I haven’t stayed at OKW, but eandesmom said that too. They’re definitely a different layout than Kidani.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddog1134 View Post
I would like to stay at all the DVC resorts because...well, because I'm slightly obsessive about unnecessary things like that. But I'm hoping your trip report will give me a more valid reason for Vero Beach.
I’d like to try them all too, because….well, that’d mean I’ve been to WDW a whole bunch of times!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLiz View Post
Wow! You guys got a great view!
We sure did!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLiz View Post
So, did you wear your First Time buttons? I giggled when we got ours. I would never have thought that you'd get them at Vero Beach.

We really can't wait to go back. We just loved it there.
We just wore them that first day. Yeah, I never imagined that we’d get First Time buttons, that was a surprise!

I’m ready to go back too!
glennbo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:07 PM   #960
MEK
DIS Veteran

I just realized that I never read your last update. How did that happen? Oh yeah - I know - there are certain updates I won't even look at until I can see the pictures and yours is one of them. I'll be back to see your awesome view, but I think I have already seen the exact (well almost exact) same view when I stayed there a few years ago. As I recall, it was heaven!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: