Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2012, 10:41 PM   #196
Merida
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post

She's so cute!! And I do like the new winter clothes, I think it's a little bulky, but whatevs haha! I would also REALLY love to see some more variety of the costumes of the princesses. It would be awesome to see Cindy's pink dress, Belle has both pink & green that are never worn in the parks, and it would be nice to see at least Aurora's blue dress!

Yes! I'm doing 2! One with my mom in the first week, and one with Paige in the second, it's going to be awesome!!!

I'm still deciding if I'm even going to go to an audition while I'm down there, as they are accepting online submissions right now, and I put my name in for that, I might just stick to that.

Haha, I just haven't gone back into a couple of them far enough, some of them seem way to gift shop-ey, but I'm sure there's more too it!
You're in Disney now! Yay!

I love Belle's green dress. It has puffed sleeves! And I love how Belle always matches her hair ribbons to the dresses. It also seems like it would be less effort to just pull from the movies, rather than paying someone to ~modernize the old costumes. Or even to bring out some of the other princesses (Megara, JANE, Maid Marion, even Wendy again!).

Two parties sounds so cool, I'm jealous! The pictures from this year's parties (already) look really great and I really want to do a Halloween party next year. Do you like the Halloween party or the Christmas parties better?

I think online sounds like a great idea! More time to enjoy the parks and relax, you know? Hope you get good results
Old 09-12-2012, 10:45 PM   #197
katt789
DIS Veteran

More Adventures & More Booze!

IIIIEEEEEEE!! I'm trying to keep up with this while on vacation, so am posting at a really odd time, but hey, at least it's getting posted! Vacations going great! We've done and seen so much and it's only day 2! I will let ya know this tidbit though...there's definitely some more very fun character stories coming along!! Hope you're still enjoying!

Tyler, Tanessa and I continued through our journey across the world in the portion of Germany! And what comes hand in hand with Germany?

Exactly!! I love it, haha. Tanessa has German in her heritage, so she suggested some beer varieties for us to try, I think I just got the basic, like, if you were at Oktoberfest and ordered a beer, that’s what you’d get. It was good! I’m not a huge beer drinker, if I drink it’s I’m going to have a Miller Chill or Bud Lite Lime on a really hot summer day, or the cheapest pitcher I can get at a pub if I choose to drink it instead of mixed drinks, and I liked it.

Every time I’m in the caramel shop I just want to buy one of everything and eat it all! Luckily, I don’t haha! I surprisingly haven’t ever bought anything in there, not only has my sweet tooth lessened a whole lot over the past couple of years, but Epcot always seems to land on the hottest day of the trip, and you never really want to eat a bunch of chocolate/sweets on a day like that!

I know that’s probably not the picture you think I’d get inside that shop, but last year when I was living in Vancouver, there was this commercial for Merci chocolate, that was all “Thank-you means Merci!” and my friend and I were all “OH REALLY?!!?” Since that I’ve just laughed at Merci chocolate, and had to take a picture of it for her.

We browsed through the shop, and this is where Tanessa and I remembered that we originally had a plan to get a picture with at least 1 cm from each country, of course, this was an excuse to talk to all the cute cast members, and let me say, there are a lot, especially in World Showcase. Naturally, we got one with a cutie in Germany, and I was trying to get the other CM in there too, make it a little less awkward, but she offered to take the picture since Tyler had disappeared!

I noticed that (finally) there was a photopass guy out in the Germany/Italy area, so we made sure to stop and get some pics done! I seriously noticed a lack of photographers around this trip, maybe we were just at the wrong place at the wrong time. I did notice there seemed to be more out in the afternoon hours, so it’s worthwhile to traipse around WS one last time just go get photos!

Tyler had the idea to get a photopass picture of himself alone, then buy a nice frame, engrave it, and then give it to his mom as a souvenir as she didn’t really want anything. Tanessa liked this idea, so she jumped to get one in Germany of herself!

Tyler appears to have disappeared once again while Tanny and I checked out some more photographers, I’m guessing he was either smoking, or getting another beer, maybe both! The photographer was great, we had been waiting for him to finish with another family, and when he was this mother daughter walked up to try and get him to take their photo with their camera, and he made them wait, as we were there first. Yay! Manners!

He took some with us facing the countries, and then had us switch to the other side of the bridge looking out onto the water with Spaceship earth in the background, these are some of my favorite pics of the trip! I’m really glad Tanny & I were both wearing bright colors, I think it helps haha!

And of course, a Magic Shot! This is definitely a favorite, the colors, our faces are perfect, it’s just amazing!! He captured the shot perfectly!

Our journey then continued into Italy!!

I’m pretty sure that we had gotten a second beer each around this point, I know I certainly wasn’t nursing it that slowly. The blending drinks are easy to nurse, but beer, I mean, once it gets warm, it’s just not good! Ha!

Over in Italy there was one of the street performers out and about doing his little show, and he was pulling kids up from the audience to partake in the show, it was super awesome!

Definitely super talented, these guys don’t get enough credit. This is (yet) another thing that Disney does that I love, they don’t have the typical “Disney” entertainment through the World Showcase, they have everything representing the culture of the pavilions and countries that we’re supposedly exploring.

It was super awesome to watch, I really enjoy this kind of stuff!

Italy definitely has some construction going on, but hey, that just means that it’ll be more awesome the next time I’m there, right?! I grabbed a picture of Tanessa in front of the fountain, and was doing a self portrait of the two of us when a lovely guest stopped to ask if he could take the picture for us, why yes! You certainly can! Sometimes people are just great!!

And this is where I have to leave you for now, as this is the max number of pictures per post I can have (look at me, succeeding at taking lots of pictures in WS like I wanted) I will end with the comment on: I really wish WS had more counter service options. Like, you can only get so much in World Showcase without having a sit down meal. I feel like you can get snacks in most places, or sweets, but not a full meal. Canada for instance, should really have a poutine station at the least! I would also like some quick, real Italian pasta or something.

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-12-2012, 11:14 PM   #198
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

I can't believe that you're updating while on vacation! Hope that you and your mom are enjoying the time together.

I've never seen the butterfly magic shot, how great! Sounds like you guys had a great time in WS that afternoon.
Old 09-15-2012, 08:01 AM   #199
pirateprincess1976
Mouseketeer

Location: 2 1/2 hour plane ride from the Happiest Place on Earth

Finally jumping in and subscribing to you report. I'm the one that saw you in line for Tarzan. Time to come out of lurker-dom lol
Pop Century 2005,2007,2011,2013,2014

Art of Animation 2013
Trip reports: Sept2013 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3186145 May2014 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3279242
Old 09-15-2012, 04:36 PM   #200
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merida View Post
You're in Disney now! Yay!

I love Belle's green dress. It has puffed sleeves! And I love how Belle always matches her hair ribbons to the dresses. It also seems like it would be less effort to just pull from the movies, rather than paying someone to ~modernize the old costumes. Or even to bring out some of the other princesses (Megara, JANE, Maid Marion, even Wendy again!).

Two parties sounds so cool, I'm jealous! The pictures from this year's parties (already) look really great and I really want to do a Halloween party next year. Do you like the Halloween party or the Christmas parties better?

I think online sounds like a great idea! More time to enjoy the parks and relax, you know? Hope you get good results
Hahah! Yesterday Belle commented on the fact that my dress was like that one of hers haha!! Man, I wish they'd do that! I would absolutely love to see Meg, at least Jane's out for parties, and I really wish Wendy was out with Peter, I mean, it's not that hard to cast her, and it would e so much fun!

ACK the first party was awesome, obviously pictures and stories are coming! I'm super excited for the 2nd one haha. I love Halloween and honestly like it better, Christmas party was great last year, and I had a ton of fun with Sylvia, but just like halloween in general better hahaa

Old 09-15-2012, 04:38 PM   #201
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
I can't believe that you're updating while on vacation! Hope that you and your mom are enjoying the time together.

I've never seen the butterfly magic shot, how great! Sounds like you guys had a great time in WS that afternoon.
Haha! It helps that I have updates typed up already and just have to copy and paste. Todays just a down day (if you call getting up for an 8:20am breakfast at MK, doing FOTLK & B&TB and then spending the day at the hotel a down day...ha!) Just waiting for Paige to land now haha

I love it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirateprincess1976 View Post
Finally jumping in and subscribing to you report. I'm the one that saw you in line for Tarzan. Time to come out of lurker-dom lol
AH! HI! Glad to see you come out of lurking hah. How was the rest of your night?!?

Old 09-15-2012, 08:36 PM   #202
jane2073
DIS Veteran

I have never seen the butterfly picture before. That is really cool!!

Glad your current vacation is already a load of fun!
Old 09-15-2012, 09:59 PM   #203
Merida
DIS Veteran

Quote:
ACK the first party was awesome, obviously pictures and stories are coming! I'm super excited for the 2nd one haha. I love Halloween and honestly like it better, Christmas party was great last year, and I had a ton of fun with Sylvia, but just like halloween in general better hahaa
You're very dedicated, updating on vacation! I don't think I'm ever together enough to accomplish anything while on break, haha. Though it would be nice to be doing work at AKL! Can't wait to see your MNSSHP pictures, I've become obsessed this year. And I'm not even that big a fan of Halloween? We were the only kids in the neighborhood growing up so we never trick-or-treated or anything. MNSSHP just looks so cool with all the lighting and costumes and everything!

Also Jane is out at Halloween and I need to meet her. I did Wendy/Peter Pan at the Christmas party and it was such an adorable meet!! They are so great together.

That butterfly photopass picture is adorable. Was it related to Flower and Garden? I've never seen it before!
Old 09-16-2012, 07:29 PM   #204
pirateprincess1976
Mouseketeer

Location: 2 1/2 hour plane ride from the Happiest Place on Earth

Lol The rest of my night was fabulous. I love the Halloween party. It's great to see some of those rare characters and the parade is awesome. I had the song stuck in my head all night lol
Pop Century 2005,2007,2011,2013,2014

Art of Animation 2013
Trip reports: Sept2013 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3186145 May2014 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3279242
Old 09-17-2012, 02:15 PM   #205
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jane2073 View Post
I have never seen the butterfly picture before. That is really cool!!

Glad your current vacation is already a load of fun!
Haha, it was awesome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merida View Post
You're very dedicated, updating on vacation! I don't think I'm ever together enough to accomplish anything while on break, haha. Though it would be nice to be doing work at AKL! Can't wait to see your MNSSHP pictures, I've become obsessed this year. And I'm not even that big a fan of Halloween? We were the only kids in the neighborhood growing up so we never trick-or-treated or anything. MNSSHP just looks so cool with all the lighting and costumes and everything!

Also Jane is out at Halloween and I need to meet her. I did Wendy/Peter Pan at the Christmas party and it was such an adorable meet!! They are so great together.

That butterfly photopass picture is adorable. Was it related to Flower and Garden? I've never seen it before!
Bahah! We've just actually had some down time this trip, taking things a little slower so we've got some more time in the resort...and the wifi haha!! It definitely helps!

AH! MNSSHP was great, so so great, I absolutely love halloween!! It's great, and the parks look absolutely amazing all lit up and decorated for the event, it's great!! AH! Peter and Wendy, all I wish is that they were out all the time, they would be so much fuuuun. I'm guessing it was, I haven't ever seen it before either!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirateprincess1976 View Post
Lol The rest of my night was fabulous. I love the Halloween party. It's great to see some of those rare characters and the parade is awesome. I had the song stuck in my head all night lol
That's great!! I love all the rare characters, half the reason I go to the parties!! haha, the parade & firework s& stage show are also my favsies haha!

Old 09-19-2012, 08:51 AM   #206
katt789
DIS Veteran

It's Nearly Lunch Time

Our journey continued through Italy next, Tanessa and I took some time to browse through the shops. I definitely would buy at least one mask (if not all lol) of the masks if I ever had a place I would wear it. Truthfully, it could just be a decoration, but still, I don’t know if I could justify spending the money?

We spent quite a bit of time in the perfume shop, there were so many scents in there, and we spent some time looking through a lot of the possibilities of things in there. Tanessa found one she really liked, and that was when the CM asked if I liked it, I said I did, but was much more of a vanilla smelling person than anything else. She immediately recommended a certain one, I tried it on, and did really like it, saying that I would wear it around all day and see if I still liked it, I would come back and buy it!

We met up with Tyler outside, and clearly, he was used to my “do something different” comment when I hold up the camera….or maybe it was just the beer? Ha!

I absolutely love that they put these quotes up on the construction, I just love that they have all these Walt Disney quotes all over the place, I can never get enough of them. There’s a book of quotes of Walt, and I desperately need to buy it (along with like, every biography!!) I really want to learn as much as I can about Walt, his life pre and post Disney, and how everything just works, he has such a brilliantly creative mind. Like, seriously, look at what he’s created!!!

Next up, was America! This is another pavilion that I kind of feel is lacking, surprisingly. Truthfully, I’ve only ever stopped for the Voices of Liberty, and thanks to some friends opinions of the American Adventure, I probably won’t be stopping anytime soon. (Please don’t take any offence to this, it’s just my opinion based on what I have heard)

We did stop to see the Voices of Liberty, as they were singing at the moment, and you never pass that up, they’re so incredibly talented!

They’re definitely right when they say the acoustics are better if you take a seat in the domed roofed room. I took the time to take a bit of video of them as well, here’s the youtube link if you want to check that out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFME_...ature=youtu.be

-

Tyler had wanted to wander in to listen, but still had some beer on him, and they wouldn’t let him into the building with an open beverage, so he waited for us out front.

He then got super excited when I pointed out “BUZZ AND WOODY!” and he thought it was the characters, when it was in face only the topiaries. I do love the Flower & Garden festival stuff they have, really neat gardening skills haha!

It was getting closer and closer to 2:30, so we decided that it was probably best that we skip past both Japan & Morrocco, saying that we would return later if we had the time/ended up wanting to. Where were we headed to with such pace? Well, France of course! I had debated where I had wanted to eat for so long, there’s just so many choices in World Showcase, and it eventually came down to France & Italy, and France just had some lighter choices overall, so it won! We had a bit of time until we could check in, so you can guess where we stopped!

Yum! I could really go for one of those right about now! I have now tried the Grand Marnier & Grey Goose (lemon) ones, (I actually got the GG one by accident when she poured it instead of the GM, but I had wanted to try it anyway, so why not?) And I can safely say that I very much prefer the Grand Marnier Orange slush. It’s to die for. I wish they sold them at every kiosk around WS, so I didn’t have to back track all the time! Haha! We drank our slushies while we watched the Street Performers that were out and about in France while we waited!

Again with the talent! I would definitely be terrified if I had to climb on that many chairs like that!!

And with us not-so-slowly sipping back our slushies, we headed over to check into our lunch destination!

Old 09-23-2012, 03:40 PM   #207
katt789
DIS Veteran

Try the Grey Stuff, It's Delicious!

We walked up to Le Chefs de France at around 2:30, for our 2:50pm reservation. I thought that we would have to wait quite a bit as it was still close to 20 minutes to our actual meal time, but we ended up getting called in right away! Yay! The restaurant didn’t look that busy either, bonus!

When you walk into the restaurant and take an immediate left, down all the way to the end, and go right, so you’re right between the bar/expo are of the kitchen and the outside wall that’s beside the pathway to backstage, where the Beast & Belle come from. Well, our table was right in there! Yay, prime location! Tanessa and I were also quick to notice more cute cm’s in here!

It was really nice inside, bright and sunny from the full glass windows, and not loud at all. Since it wasn’t that busy, we even had the added bonus of the cm’s hanging around their area of the restaurant which was right by our table. Thank-you. I know we ordered alcoholic drinks, I’m pretty sure we got a bottle of wine, or some glasses, and Tyler got beer? One of the two. I had also been looking through some ideas for food before getting there, and had really wanted to try the Escargot, so the three of us split it!

It’s a “Casserole of Burgundian escargots baked in parsley and garlic butter” (according to my app) and it came with a little baguette to eat it with. I’m pretty sure there was some pesto in the sauce as well, could be wrong. Well, here goes, would I like my first taste of snail?!

Here goes nothing! Verdict of the escargot: I liked it! We all did, definitely tasted better with the bread, it was really just like the not-deep-fried calamari, squishy, not a whole lot of flavor, but that was fixed by the sauce and bread. We did finish them off though, I’m pretty sure I had more than the other two, but it had been my idea to get them! While we were eating the appetizer, a little friend came along to say hello!

Remy! It was a little added bonus to the meal too, I had heard he made rounds, and thought it was completely random, and didn’t think we’d be seeing him today. Then I read somewhere that he did the rounds right around 2:50, which was our reservation, so we just caught the tail end of his rounds! Yay!

He was sooo cute! It was something that all three of us were “how does it work?!?” after he left, it was amazing, cause he can actually carry a “conversation” with you. He was definitely flirting with Tanessa, and his handler warned Remy that she might be with someone here, which we quickly said that she wasn’t, and Remy was in love! Haha!

Not long after that, our food came out to table!

That’s mine! I got the Crepe Florentine, a “large crepe filled with chicken, spinach, mushrooms and béchamel sauce”. I have a mild lactose intolerance, so it made it kind of difficult to choose something on the menu, as I wanted something “traditional” French, that I couldn’t really get anywhere else, so I chose this. My opinion, it was tasty! I really did like it, but it did have a bit too much cheese in/on it, so I didn’t completely finish it!

Next up:

I’m pretty sure this one was Tylers, the Croque Monsieur et sa Salade verte “The classic French toasted ham and cheese sandwich served with a green salad” He liked it, and ate every last bite. The bonus of traveling with Tyler is that him being a chef, he critiques food, and will actually give me a response other than “it’s good” haha! While we were eating we saw the Beast on his way out to say hello to some lovely new friends!

Next up came desserts! I ordered the Crème Brulee and Tanessa got the chocolate mousse.

A really cool thing is that they have this like, mini blow torch thing that “toasts” the crème brulee one at a time, and nice and quick, Tyler said he would have loved to have one like that at his work! I liked the dessert, but definitely should have gone with something else, talk about too much heavy cream for a lactose person (although I didn’t finish it). Both Tanessa & I loved the chocolate mousse, it was super light and fluffy and delicious! I definitely should have gotten it instead haha.

Our experience with Chefs de France was great, the food was great, the service was good too, and hey, the cm’s were easy on the eyes. I would definitely go back again (that is, after trying like, every other place in world showcase haha!)

Tyler ducked out for a smoke while we were finishing up with desserts, and we met up with him outside of the restaurant. Luckily for us, there was a photopass girl out, right in front of the fountain! It was a beautiful location, and I realized as we took the pictures that it would be the greatest space to get some dance pose pictures next trip! Yay! I’ve always wanted to get them in front of the castle, but it’s always so crowded, we’ll try!!

This is the point in the afternoon where Tyler decided that he was going to split up with us…surprise….lol. So he headed back to the resort, as Tanessa and I headed toward the UK and Canada to explore more World Showcase! We stopped in Canada for a bit, laughing at how much like a tourist-ey Banff it looks like in there, and chat with a couple of the CM’s about Alberta and comparing it to Florida, definitely a difference!

Next up we were back at Future World already, it was only about 3:30, 4 pm, and it was hot, so we stopped into Club Cool to cool off and try some drinks, the Beverly, of course, did not make it onto our “good” list.

There was a photopass photographer out, so of course we stopped to grab a picture, and she was great, timing the pictures with the fountain in the background! Awesome! Thank you!

We had accomplished everything we had wanted to already, and had more than enough time to kill before Illuminations, so what did we decide to do? Well, it was hot, hot as heck, and we wanted to maybe see our favorite Princes one more time before we left, so where else would be go but Magic Kingdom?! That being our next destination, we headed towards the Monorail!

What’s that?! A Disney character, well of course, Katt gets distracted! It was Daisy! And I mean, when were we going to see her again!?

If there’s one thing I love, it’s when the photopass photographers take a million pictures of you interacting with the character, not just the posed pic, and if there’s something I love more than that, it’s when whoever you are with, does the same thing! Ha! Tanessa had learnt well!

With a last look at Spaceship Earth, we jumped onto the monorail and headed over to see my castle!!

Old 09-23-2012, 06:25 PM   #208
Merida
DIS Veteran

I love Daisy! She's just so.. zazzy (though the Epcot one could do with a wardrobe update! The MGM/Halloween party/Storybook circus ones are perf).

ha, I don't think you miss much by skipping American Adventure. In my opinion, it's a pretty basic review of American history (they skip on all the good parts!!). I really want to see Voices of Liberty at some point, everyone seems to rave about how wonderful they are. I wish that MK had as many live entertainment options as Disneyland or Epcot.

Your slushie looks delicious but I can't say I'm a fan of the snails.. good on you all for trying them, though!
Old 09-23-2012, 10:08 PM   #209
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merida
I love Daisy! She's just so.. zazzy (though the Epcot one could do with a wardrobe update! The MGM/Halloween party/Storybook circus ones are perf).

ha, I don't think you miss much by skipping American Adventure. In my opinion, it's a pretty basic review of American history (they skip on all the good parts!!). I really want to see Voices of Liberty at some point, everyone seems to rave about how wonderful they are. I wish that MK had as many live entertainment options as Disneyland or Epcot.

Your slushie looks delicious but I can't say I'm a fan of the snails.. good on you all for trying them, though!
Haha she totally could use a new outfit or two haha. Baha, good to know!! And there are more entertainment offerings coming to MK much like the streetmosphere at DHS, and some variety acts (theyre also auditioning those) with the expansion, im looking forward to seeing them!

Oh deat god those slushies, i could drink a million!!! Nothing is as good as them!! Haha the escargot turned out better than i thought too!!

Old 09-23-2012, 11:25 PM   #210
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

I can't wait to hear about all of your new interactions from the trip you just got back from! My character interactions are so boring, which is hysterical because I'm so crazy! You'd think they'd be more fun.....

Mmmm.....beer. I love beer. LOL.

I have such a hard time making it out of Karamel Kuche with nothing in hand. It's just soooo good. But I have a massive sweet tooth. Hence the reason that I still need to lose like 50 more pounds.....

Thank you means Merci?! Hahahaha. That is the most ridiculously stupid commercial tagline I've ever heard.

WS always has the cutest guys. I could spend hours just walking around looking for cuties.

That's a magic shot I've never seen before! That's awesome!

I do love Voices of Liberty, but I also love the American Adventure. I don't know why. I'm just a sappy dork I guess.

Oh, slushies. I'm partial to the GG one, but seriously I'd take any of them. LOL.

I love escargot! I don't know if they make it the same way in Chefs de France, but in the Bistro upstairs it's made in a parsley butter sauce, and it's the most amazing thing I've ever tasted in my life.

Remy! So adorable.

Croque Monsieur is one of my favorite things ever when visiting abroad. It's sooooo good. But Croque Madame is even better, and seriously impossible to get in the US.

Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: