Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-16-2012, 07:02 PM   #46
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney
 
Metro West's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NW Orlando, FL
Posts: 44,440
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by macraven View Post
metro, i hope you post your opinion of the houses after your wednesday visit.
The three we are going to concentrate on are: Silent Hill, House of Horrors and The Walking Dead but I'll post what I thought of them.
__________________
**** Universal Orlando annual passholder since 2004! ****
Metro West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:12 PM   #47
flbeachbumnut
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro West View Post
The three we are going to concentrate on are: Silent Hill, House of Horrors and The Walking Dead but I'll post what I thought of them.
Looking forward to your posts, and I really want to hear what you think about the streets. I am excited about them this year and hope not to be disappointed. I loved the years when I first started going that they were allowed every where!
flbeachbumnut is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-17-2012, 05:23 PM   #48
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney
 
Metro West's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NW Orlando, FL
Posts: 44,440
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by flbeachbumnut View Post
Looking forward to your posts, and I really want to hear what you think about the streets. I am excited about them this year and hope not to be disappointed. I loved the years when I first started going that they were allowed every where!
I will definitely post my thoughts but it probably won't be until Thursday sometime.
__________________
**** Universal Orlando annual passholder since 2004! ****
Metro West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:01 PM   #49
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!
 
keishashadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 19,995

i'm just going with my usual strategy: beer in hand, blindly follow a smrt person around has worked out well thus far.
__________________
Will trade 'nanners taken in trade by the Tag Fairy for your tag for tags!

keishashadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:02 PM   #50
flbeachbumnut
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 18

I need a few suggestions for this year as we are doing things a bit different. Usually we go on Sunday with express and have always been able to do all houses and 4 of them 2 times. This year we are going on Sat. night no express and just planning on doing the early ones then hanging out on the streets the rest of the night. Then go back Sunday with express and be in early and hit all houses. I am assuming I should do a different area for stay and scream each night? And which one on Sat night? My husband can not walk fast at all as he has a bad leg so any help on a new plan would be greatly appreciated.
flbeachbumnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:35 PM   #51
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney
 
Metro West's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NW Orlando, FL
Posts: 44,440
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by flbeachbumnut View Post
I need a few suggestions for this year as we are doing things a bit different. Usually we go on Sunday with express and have always been able to do all houses and 4 of them 2 times. This year we are going on Sat. night no express and just planning on doing the early ones then hanging out on the streets the rest of the night. Then go back Sunday with express and be in early and hit all houses. I am assuming I should do a different area for stay and scream each night? And which one on Sat night? My husband can not walk fast at all as he has a bad leg so any help on a new plan would be greatly appreciated.
I think I'm going to do the Finnegan's area Friday night and the KidZone area Saturday night.
__________________
**** Universal Orlando annual passholder since 2004! ****
Metro West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:29 PM   #52
TheWog
The Curse has been Reversed
We did it on St. Thomas
That sounds like my way to watch them
 
TheWog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New England
Posts: 5,605

Forgive me. This is my first time going to HHN and it will just be my son (15) and I. We have the Stay and Scream tickets for Sunday Oct. 28. I am assuming S&S is Stay and Scream, correct? How do we find out about the special holding areas? When do they let you in and when do you start lining up there? I only got 2 day 1 park base tix for this trip, so I am also to assume we should be in Universal this day. Should I invest in the Express Pass if we are only doing one night? Do you need to get a hand stamp or reenter using the HHN tickets? How do they know you are Stay and Scream? Thanks for any information you can provide.
__________________
1
TheWog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:19 PM   #53
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney
 
Metro West's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NW Orlando, FL
Posts: 44,440
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWog View Post
Forgive me. This is my first time going to HHN and it will just be my son (15) and I. We have the Stay and Scream tickets for Sunday Oct. 28. I am assuming S&S is Stay and Scream, correct? How do we find out about the special holding areas? When do they let you in and when do you start lining up there? I only got 2 day 1 park base tix for this trip, so I am also to assume we should be in Universal this day. Should I invest in the Express Pass if we are only doing one night? Do you need to get a hand stamp or reenter using the HHN tickets? How do they know you are Stay and Scream? Thanks for any information you can provide.
S & S is Stay and Scream. In order to use the holding area, you will need to be in the Studios prior to park closing at 5pm. You do not need to leave the park and re-enter...stay in the park. Once the park is closed, head over to Delancey Street near Finnegan's which is the main holding area. They will scan your HHN ticket and that's it. Just hang out until you're released. Express would be a good investment if you're going one night.
__________________
**** Universal Orlando annual passholder since 2004! ****
Metro West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:56 PM   #54
TheWog
The Curse has been Reversed
We did it on St. Thomas
That sounds like my way to watch them
 
TheWog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New England
Posts: 5,605

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro West View Post
S & S is Stay and Scream. In order to use the holding area, you will need to be in the Studios prior to park closing at 5pm. You do not need to leave the park and re-enter...stay in the park. Once the park is closed, head over to Delancey Street near Finnegan's which is the main holding area. They will scan your HHN ticket and that's it. Just hang out until you're released. Express would be a good investment if you're going one night.
Thank you very much. I appreciate your info. I am leaning towards express as well. Based on your experience do you think I can wait until I get there to purchase the express or does it sell out in advance? We are on a Sunday evening, but the last Sunday before Halloween.
__________________
1
TheWog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 02:53 PM   #55
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney
 
Metro West's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NW Orlando, FL
Posts: 44,440
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWog View Post
Thank you very much. I appreciate your info. I am leaning towards express as well. Based on your experience do you think I can wait until I get there to purchase the express or does it sell out in advance? We are on a Sunday evening, but the last Sunday before Halloween.
That's always a toss up. I've there nights when the EP has sold out but it's not very common. I think if you definitely going that night, go ahead and purchase now so there's nothing to worry about.
__________________
**** Universal Orlando annual passholder since 2004! ****
Metro West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:02 PM   #56
TheWog
The Curse has been Reversed
We did it on St. Thomas
That sounds like my way to watch them
 
TheWog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New England
Posts: 5,605

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro West View Post
That's always a toss up. I've there nights when the EP has sold out but it's not very common. I think if you definitely going that night, go ahead and purchase now so there's nothing to worry about.
Good advice. Thanks.
__________________
1
TheWog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:02 AM   #57
glocon
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,393

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaytezIOA View Post
Last year we stayed in finnegans and walked over to kid zone. By the time we got there, everyone had moves to the tent houses.
My suggested order

House of horrors
Alice cooper
Penn&teller

Walking dead

Silent hill
Gothic
Dead end




Hoh exits ner alice entrance, Alice exita near p&t.

Sound stages usually all exit the same, but silent hill will have the longest wait, and its a long as hell walk to dead end. I felt like we were walking forever on weds.....and that was taking a shortcut through the other ss areas
So is this still the most recommended order of houses from those of you who have been there now? And would you do all the houses first, than the shows?

Two weeks from tomorrow we will be at our First Ever HHN!!! Can't wait!!!
__________________
2002-WDW offsite and POR *2003-WDW/UO offsite *2007-UO/SW offsite *2010-WDW AKL/UO HRH *2012WDW BC/UO HRH *2014-UO RPR&CB
glocon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:35 AM   #58
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney
 
Metro West's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NW Orlando, FL
Posts: 44,440
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by glocon View Post
So is this still the most recommended order of houses from those of you who have been there now? And would you do all the houses first, than the shows?
Are you going to do Stay & Scream? If so, you'll get early entry into different houses depending on which holding area you enter. If you are in the KidZone area, you'll see House of Horrors and Alice Cooper but the Finnegan's area has Silent Hill as the early house. I was able to do all the sound stage houses (Silent Hill, Gothic and Dead End) by 6:30 but again it was raining and the lines were short. You can either do the sound stages then The Walking Dead then the other three if you want or reverse it. There's really no right way...it's up to each person. This is my ninth year and I don't go a certain way...just go with the flow.
__________________
**** Universal Orlando annual passholder since 2004! ****
Metro West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:05 PM   #59
glocon
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,393

Thanks! We are going to do S&S at Finnegans. I just trying to figure out the best way to see it all since we are probably only going to do one night (Thurs 10/11). We may do Friday 10/12 too, but not sure if hubby and son's friend will be up for it. And my son and I don't want to miss anything...

I am halfway thru the Silent Hill movie, and my son said that a part two is coming out this October- probably see that too.
__________________
2002-WDW offsite and POR *2003-WDW/UO offsite *2007-UO/SW offsite *2010-WDW AKL/UO HRH *2012WDW BC/UO HRH *2014-UO RPR&CB
glocon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:27 AM   #60
Amber74
Mouseketeer
 
Amber74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: KC MO
Posts: 347

We messed up and walked my Mom to the front and then tried to walk back to Finnegans but they had the wall of tm's stopping us and putting us in another holding area by Despicable Me. We still were able to do 4 houses by 7pm. So not a big deal but if you want to wait by Finnegans don't walk toward the front. Lol
__________________
Me DH DS19 DS18 DS11 DS8 DD to be
1988-Epcot
2006-offsite condo and Hard Rock Hotel DW and Universal
2007(January)-AllStar Mo Toy Story
2007(September)-Coronado Springs
2008-Universal Royal Pacific HHN Bloody Mary
2010(September)-offsite(Star Island Resort) Universal HHN XX
2010(December)-AllStar Mo Toy Story
2011(July/Aug) Disneyland and Southern Cali theme parks Portofino Inn and Suites

2012(Sept)Allstar Sports and Universal's Portofino Bay HHN XXII
Amber74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:26 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: