Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2012, 05:41 PM   #1
HappyHammer
Earning My Ears

Davey Crockett Ranch Characters

Does anybody know what time in the evening the characters appear in Davey Crockett Ranch and which characters have you seen there?

I was lucky enough to stay here many times with my family when I was a kid. I am now visiting DLP with my wife and 1 year old girl for the second time this year around halloween and I would like them to see Davey Crockett. Does anyone know if you can visit the village part of Dvary Crockett even if you're not staying there? Was hoping to eat at Crockett's Tavern like the old days.

Thanks (1st post by the way!)
HappyHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 05:48 PM   #2
markpsych
DIS Veteran

Welcome

We love the DCR

The Tavern restaurant is still a great place to eat , but the characters haven't been visiting there for a few years.

Think they still make appearances outside though.
markpsych is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-16-2012, 01:20 AM   #3
jomykje
Earning My Ears

Last year we saw Goofy, Pluto and Minnie.
The year before we saw Mickey and Pluto.

We met them in the evening in front of the shop.
jomykje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 01:23 AM   #4
tinks_1989
need a like button

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHammer View Post
Does anybody know what time in the evening the characters appear in Davey Crockett Ranch and which characters have you seen there?

I was lucky enough to stay here many times with my family when I was a kid. I am now visiting DLP with my wife and 1 year old girl for the second time this year around halloween and I would like them to see Davey Crockett. Does anyone know if you can visit the village part of Dvary Crockett even if you're not staying there? Was hoping to eat at Crockett's Tavern like the old days.

Thanks (1st post by the way!)
There are characters in the evening with a photographer like there are at other hotels but they are usually there at breakfast.

We are going next Tuesday and hoping to see some characters I will be happy to ask and let you know when we return.
tinks_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 03:34 PM   #5
HappyHammer
Earning My Ears

Thanks for all of your quick replies. Yeah I guessed that they would be outside and from my research I've seen that they have a photographer. Its good to know that they seem to have 2 or 3 characters there then each night.

If anyone could find out the times in which they would appear roughly then that would be much appreciated. We are visiting on the Monday before Halloween but staying in a non-disney hotel for the first time. However, I just wanted to take my wife and daughter to Davey Crockett in the evening from around 5-9pm and was hoping to see a couple of characters in that time.

Also, I know that Davey Crockett used to have a barrier with a code to get past reception through to the village. I'm hoping that reception will let us through as a one off visit but would hate to drive all that way for a waste of time.

Thanks again. You've all been great!
Old 09-16-2012, 04:06 PM   #6
A Small World

I always like to give a little royal wave whilst Im up there
Not even looking at it til I get some housework done

Quote:
Thanks for all of your quick replies. Yeah I guessed that they would be outside and from my research I've seen that they have a photographer. Its good to know that they seem to have 2 or 3 characters there then each night.

If anyone could find out the times in which they would appear roughly then that would be much appreciated. We are visiting on the Monday before Halloween but staying in a non-disney hotel for the first time. However, I just wanted to take my wife and daughter to Davey Crockett in the evening from around 5-9pm and was hoping to see a couple of characters in that time.

Also, I know that Davey Crockett used to have a barrier with a code to get past reception through to the village. I'm hoping that reception will let us through as a one off visit but would hate to drive all that way for a waste of time.

Thanks again. You've all been great!
Im sure if you have a dining reservation they let you through so it will probably be worth you booking in advance then you can show them the reservation.
Im assuming you are planning to eat there as well
WDW - Christmas 1991 -Off site; WDW - Christmas 1992 -Off site; WDW - Summer 1996 - All Stars; WDW - Summer 2003 -All Stars; DLP - Easter 2006- Santa Fe; DLP- Easter 2007 - Santa Fe + Explorers; DLP - Summer 2007 - Holiday Inn; DLP - Christmas 2007 -DCR; DLP - Easter 2008 - Cheyenne; DLP Summer 2008 Explorers + Sequoia Lodge; Nov 09 DDs surprise birthday trip- Kyriad; Feb2009 Disneyland Hotel; Easter 09 Kyriad; Summer 09 Newport Bay; Oct 10- DL ; Dec 11 - DL: Dec 12 DL
A Small World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 05:56 PM   #7
HappyHammer
Earning My Ears

Yes we are planning to eat there so thats a good idea. Just wish we didn't have to ring the international number to make reservations. Can't believe they don't use an online/email booking system of some sort. Do you know if you have to pay in advance over the phone?

So anyway, if anyone can update with rough times of characters in the evening at Davey Crockett Ranch, and which ones you've seen there recently then you'll put a big smile on an excited Dad's face!
Old 09-17-2012, 02:08 AM   #8
Mark7616
Earning My Ears

Just had a look at my pics and the last time we were there Pluto was the only character he was in the restaurant at around 18:30 and was still outside at around 19:45.

Mark7616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:23 AM   #9
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

Quote:
Yes we are planning to eat there so thats a good idea. Just wish we didn't have to ring the international number to make reservations. Can't believe they don't use an online/email booking system of some sort. Do you know if you have to pay in advance over the phone?
You don't pay in advance when you make your restaurant reservation

You can call France cheaper by first dialing a number in England for example 0844 200 90 90 (this reduces the call cost to 0.5p per minute) and then dialing the restaurant reservations number

Vive la différence
Carrie_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:52 PM   #10
HappyHammer
Earning My Ears

Booked our meal at the ranch like you suggested so should be all good to get the ok from reception.

If anyone has been to Davey Crockett recently, Which characters did u see in the evening and what time roughly. Thanks for all your help so far guys.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:22 PM   #11
HappyHammer
Earning My Ears

Anybody who has been to DC recently, which characters did you see and do you know what time they were out in the evening? Going in a few weeks and getting excited. Thanks.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:35 AM   #12
tinks_1989
need a like button

We didn't see any one there last time but the latest we went down was 5 so I guess they probably start at about 6. 6 seems to be when dinner reservations starts in DLP.

Last year we saw goofy in scarecrow type clothes.

DD loves seeing the animals and when we visited a few weeks a go the goats were running free she loved that x
tinks_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: