Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-16-2012, 05:47 PM   #1
disneydreams81
"ALL WE NEED IS FAITH,TRUST, AND A LITTLE BIT OF PIXIE DUST"
 
disneydreams81's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Weymouth,Ma
Posts: 73

Disneymoon in 3weeks!

Hello brides & brides to be....we leave for our disneymoon in 3 weeks just looking for any advice from brides who honey mooned in disney any advice and tips or any suggestions would be awesome!! Thank you!!
__________________
disneydreams81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:55 PM   #2
minniebride
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,250

Wear your Just Married or Happily Ever After pins everyday.

Be sure to list that its your Disneymoon on all of your ADR's.

Splurge on a fancy dinner.

Take time away from the parks and go at your own pace-there is so much more to WDW than just the parks-relax and enjoy yourselves!!!!
minniebride is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-17-2012, 05:03 PM   #3
disneydreams81
"ALL WE NEED IS FAITH,TRUST, AND A LITTLE BIT OF PIXIE DUST"
 
disneydreams81's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Weymouth,Ma
Posts: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniebride
Wear your Just Married or Happily Ever After pins everyday.

Be sure to list that its your Disneymoon on all of your ADR's.

Splurge on a fancy dinner.

Take time away from the parks and go at your own pace-there is so much more to WDW than just the parks-relax and enjoy yourselves!!!!
Thank you! Ya I noted the honeymoon on our reservations. We are going to Narcosses (spelt wrong) for our fancy dinner. Do I get the pins@ check in?
__________________
disneydreams81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:34 PM   #4
DisneyFF1124
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 79

Congratulations! I hope you have a wonderful Disneymoon! We're planning our Disneymoon for next September. As far as I know just married pins have been discontinued. Disney now gives out a Happily Ever After pin. I have heard of people purchasing Just Married pins online.
__________________
DisneyFF1124 - DVC Member May 2012

DisneyFF1124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:43 PM   #5
disneydreams81
"ALL WE NEED IS FAITH,TRUST, AND A LITTLE BIT OF PIXIE DUST"
 
disneydreams81's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Weymouth,Ma
Posts: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFF1124
Congratulations! I hope you have a wonderful Disneymoon! We're planning our Disneymoon for next September. As far as I know just married pins have been discontinued. Disney now gives out a Happily Ever After pin. I have heard of people purchasing Just Married pins online.
I tried to find the just married ones online...no luck the happily ever after are just as good though! Congrats to you as well! It's going to awesome! )))
__________________
disneydreams81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:56 PM   #6
Julie521
DIS Veteran
 
Julie521's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 615

First off, congratulations!!! I just got back from my honeymoon a week ago. We had an amazing time, and I hope you do too. Here are some tips that I think made our trip great:

Wear the pins! And if you can get hubby to, the bride and groom mickey ears

Take your time, don't rush and try to see everything

Take a break mid-day to relax, hit the pool. or a water park

Take a late night stroll around your resort. Great spending time just the two of you when it is peaceful and quiet out

Enjoy the time together! It will go by quick

I will say it again, TAKE YOUR TIME.

Talk to the characters and cast members.. they have some great information and you might get a little pixie dust along the way.. I.E. free desserts, fast passes, and lots of congrats
__________________
The Couture's
2007-Offsite ** 2012-CSR ** 2014-BLT

Julie521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:02 PM   #7
disneydreams81
"ALL WE NEED IS FAITH,TRUST, AND A LITTLE BIT OF PIXIE DUST"
 
disneydreams81's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Weymouth,Ma
Posts: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie521
First off, congratulations!!! I just got back from my honeymoon a week ago. We had an amazing time, and I hope you do too. Here are some tips that I think made our trip great:

Wear the pins! And if you can get hubby to, the bride and groom mickey ears

Take your time, don't rush and try to see everything

Take a break mid-day to relax, hit the pool. or a water park

Take a late night stroll around your resort. Great spending time just the two of you when it is peaceful and quiet out

Enjoy the time together! It will go by quick

I will say it again, TAKE YOUR TIME.

Talk to the characters and cast members.. they have some great information and you might get a little pixie dust along the way.. I.E. free desserts, fast passes, and lots of congrats
Congrats!! I'm happy to hear your trip was awesome. Where did you stay? We are staying @ the Caribbean resort ( love it) we got the dining plan again & very excited about it we have the ears already lol a shower gift lol can't wait!!!!!
__________________
disneydreams81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:07 PM   #8
disneydreams81
"ALL WE NEED IS FAITH,TRUST, AND A LITTLE BIT OF PIXIE DUST"
 
disneydreams81's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Weymouth,Ma
Posts: 73

Btw we are from MASS as well where abouts are you ?? We are South shore
__________________
disneydreams81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:07 PM   #9
disneydreams81
"ALL WE NEED IS FAITH,TRUST, AND A LITTLE BIT OF PIXIE DUST"
 
disneydreams81's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Weymouth,Ma
Posts: 73

Thank you my fellow brides
__________________
disneydreams81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:16 PM   #10
Julie521
DIS Veteran
 
Julie521's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 615

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreams81 View Post
Btw we are from MASS as well where abouts are you ?? We are South shore
That is awesome you got the ears already!!! We stayed at Coronado Springs. Our choice was actually between CBR and CSR! Hope you love the resort. I am actually from the south shore as well. About 10 minutes from Plymouth, in a very small town. We had the dining plan also and loved it! It was so nice not having to look at prices when ordering, and simply pick something because we wanted it. Getting a $50 meal and not thinking twice about it was a great feeling.
__________________
The Couture's
2007-Offsite ** 2012-CSR ** 2014-BLT

Julie521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:58 AM   #11
disneydreams81
"ALL WE NEED IS FAITH,TRUST, AND A LITTLE BIT OF PIXIE DUST"
 
disneydreams81's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Weymouth,Ma
Posts: 73

Ya I agree! We are both really excited. Planning a wedding is a full time job we need a vaca from it! Lol. We are about 20min from Plymouth also in a small-ish town. I thought about CSR but I habe stayed @ CBR and knew I liked it.
__________________
disneydreams81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:06 AM   #12
Julie521
DIS Veteran
 
Julie521's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 615

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreams81 View Post
Ya I agree! We are both really excited. Planning a wedding is a full time job we need a vaca from it! Lol. We are about 20min from Plymouth also in a small-ish town. I thought about CSR but I habe stayed @ CBR and knew I liked it.
Yes, I saw by your avatar thing. Not too far from Weymouth, about a half hour. SMALL WORLD! You are certainly right about the wedding planning, although I loved planning mine. It is weird having that and the honeymoon over, I feel like I have nothing to do..
__________________
The Couture's
2007-Offsite ** 2012-CSR ** 2014-BLT

Julie521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:12 AM   #13
disneydreams81
"ALL WE NEED IS FAITH,TRUST, AND A LITTLE BIT OF PIXIE DUST"
 
disneydreams81's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Weymouth,Ma
Posts: 73

I have enjoyed most of the planning process but some was stressful! I just can't wait to be on a plane heading to my fav place!
__________________
disneydreams81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:36 PM   #14
DisneyFF1124
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 79

We were able to get some from someone I work with. He Disneymooned a few years ago, knew we were going and had an extra set! Looks like WDW is a popular spot for Massachusetts people! We're just north of Boston in the metro area!! DF and I are both planning on having our Disneymoon be a little different from our previous trips. A little less commando and a lot more relaxed and go with the flow! Looks like you'll be there during Food and Wine! DO be sure to take advantage of and enjoy that!! Julie521, any experiences/ideas to do on our Disneymoon?
__________________
DisneyFF1124 - DVC Member May 2012

DisneyFF1124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:00 PM   #15
disneydreams81
"ALL WE NEED IS FAITH,TRUST, AND A LITTLE BIT OF PIXIE DUST"
 
disneydreams81's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Weymouth,Ma
Posts: 73

Us MA people sure do love Disney! Lol. I'm excited about the food & wine i've been 2 times already & it's awesome! When are you going?
__________________
disneydreams81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.