Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2012, 04:45 PM   #1
MrsBianca
Earning My Ears

Jedi academy / star wars

Hi

Has anyone done the Jedi training academy? I have a DS age 5 mad on star wars (and dh) ! I know you need to register early on the day for this but is there anything else I need to know.

Also is there good star wars merchandise and is there any other character meet and greets?

Shame school holidays an star wars weekends are not compatible.

Thanks
MrsBianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:55 AM   #2
OhanaSam
Mouseketeer

I've never been but we're going for it next year (hopefully provided it's the last 2 weeks of may) and I've read that there are always signings and a parade with the people doing the signings in it. Ray Park (Darth Maul) was there last year as far as I know and the guy who does the voice of C3P0 I can't wait for it especially the Hyper Space Hoopla, I've watched videos of it on youtube and it looks amazing!

Me(23) DBF(23)
OhanaSam is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-10-2012, 07:58 AM   #3
higgy66
I have to force myself to go on Splash Mountain so the kids won't end up like me - a baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBianca View Post
Hi

Has anyone done the Jedi training academy? I have a DS age 5 mad on star wars (and dh) ! I know you need to register early on the day for this but is there anything else I need to know.

Also is there good star wars merchandise and is there any other character meet and greets?

Shame school holidays an star wars weekends are not compatible.

Thanks
You need to get to the park around 20 mins before opening. As soon as they start letting you through into the park turn left and head over towards Indiana Jones. You should see a CM holding a placard pointing you in the right direction of where to join the queue to sign up. Please note your son has to be with you so it's not something you can nip and do on your own - although you OH can get ready to join the crowds heading for TSM fast passes as you do not need to have your tickets to sigh up for Jedi training

They will then assign you a time to come back which is on a first come first serve basis so the further down the queue you are the later in the day it will be. They take about 16 kids each show and there's one every hour from 11, I think, so that's a fair number in 1 day so you should be ok once you get in the queue. Don't be put off by the queue as remember the adults are not taking up a space and sometimes not all the kids queuing are wanting a go it may just be one out of the party etc

Good luck - I hope your son gets to do it. My DD's did this last October and still laugh about it now. They even had special pencil cases made with their photos of them fighting Darth Vader put onto them ready to go back to school last week
Old 09-16-2012, 06:31 PM   #4
MrsBianca
Earning My Ears

Thank you so much for the info. Very useful. X
MrsBianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:33 PM   #5
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

Higgy is right. Get there early so you are one of the first people in line to enter the park, then go straight there to sign up. Once they are gone, they are gone.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: