Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > Power of 10 - DIS Events to Benefit GKTW
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2012, 04:27 PM   #181
DarthVader92
Working for the Mouse

Meet up tonight?

Anyone interested in doing a little meet up in one of the bars of either the marriott or the sheraton tonight? I was thinking around 8pm when most people should be heading back from the big E. Let me know if you are interested and If 8pm sounds good.
Disney Store 720 Former Cast Member
Disney College Program Spring 2011 Alumni
DarthVader92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:04 PM   #182
HubbDave
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are - BB
I do love pics of defunct and abandoned Parks

Sorry I missed out on meeting you folks. The crowds got to be a bit large, so we bolted. Check is being mailed for GKTW
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-15-2012, 08:26 PM   #183
JoeG
Enjoying the Disney Lobotomy!!

Great day.....Yankee Candle was a fun time....and I know the Big E is just more fun. Thanks Tara and Crew for putting together a great way to help the Power of 10 reach its goal. Looking forward to the Brunch and Live PodCast tomorrow. :-)
Old 09-16-2012, 07:52 AM   #184
disney4dan
DIS Veteran

Thank you guys for doing this! We had a great time at the Big E. where else can you get chocolate covered bacon, slim Jim's and combine them all with adult beverages! We have to miss the podcast to participate in our town's parade today, which is not an easy choice to make.

On behalf of our son (5 year cancer survivor this month), I'd like to make sure everyone realizes how much it means. But you already know. Good luck today!
Old 09-16-2012, 10:51 AM   #185
peel
DIS Veteran

I woke up with a migraine so bad that even my teeth hurt. I'm upset that I had to miss the festivities today but I am close to 1.5 hours away from Ludlow and all I could do was lay in a dark room for a few hours.
I'm sure you're having a blast right now and I cant wait to listen to the podcast!

peel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 01:55 PM   #186
*NikkiBell*
The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible

DISboards Moderator

Just saw a post on FB that over $13K has been raised. Awesome work, DISers!

disboards.com/blog.wdwinfo.com
Follow Me on Twitter

2011 - GC, Swan 2010 - AKLV
2009 - AKLV, DxDP/OKW, DDP 2008 - SSR, PFTS, MNSSHP/AKLV, 1st DVC Trip, DxDP 2007 - PC, MNSSHP 2006-7 - POFQ, Premium DP 2006 - PC 2005 - POFQ, Premium DP 2004 - PC, Silver Plan 1998 - ASMu 1997-94 - Off-Site
*NikkiBell* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 05:17 PM   #187
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbDave View Post
Sorry I missed out on meeting you folks. The crowds got to be a bit large, so we bolted. Check is being mailed for GKTW
The mini-meets turned out to be tougher than we thought...we were shut out of the circus 30 minutes ahead of time, but a few of us managed to meet up for the hypnotist including Corey and Julie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney4dan View Post
Thank you guys for doing this! We had a great time at the Big E. where else can you get chocolate covered bacon, slim Jim's and combine them all with adult beverages! We have to miss the podcast to participate in our town's parade today, which is not an easy choice to make.

On behalf of our son (5 year cancer survivor this month), I'd like to make sure everyone realizes how much it means. But you already know. Good luck today!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peel View Post
I woke up with a migraine so bad that even my teeth hurt. I'm upset that I had to miss the festivities today but I am close to 1.5 hours away from Ludlow and all I could do was lay in a dark room for a few hours.
I'm sure you're having a blast right now and I cant wait to listen to the podcast!
Sorry you couldn't make it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *NikkiBell* View Post
Just saw a post on FB that over $13K has been raised. Awesome work, DISers!
I think we managed to break $14k after the live auction of the signed hydroflasks!
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 05:49 PM   #188
disney4dan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
The mini-meets turned out to be tougher than we thought...we were shut out of the circus 30 minutes ahead of time, but a few of us managed to meet up for the hypnotist including Corey and Julie.
We were seated near the front of they hypnotist show because DW (disneynan) wanted to get onstage for the show. She was hypnotized onstage and the kids and I had a great time watching the show from near the stage, but missed our opportunity to meet with fellow DIS'ers. Very interesting show, awkward watching the "Suave and smooth" guy who had to try his best one liners on the hypnotist every time they played Barry White songs though.

Glad to hear that the event was a success and I am really looking forward to the podcast. Safe travels home everyone.
Old 09-16-2012, 05:57 PM   #189
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney4dan View Post
We were seated near the front of they hypnotist show because DW (disneynan) wanted to get onstage for the show. She was hypnotized onstage and the kids and I had a great time watching the show from near the stage, but missed our opportunity to meet with fellow DIS'ers. Very interesting show, awkward watching the "Suave and smooth" guy who had to try his best one liners on the hypnotist every time they played Barry White songs though.

Glad to hear that the event was a success and I am really looking forward to the podcast. Safe travels home everyone.
We were standing towards the back in the middle...we left a little before the end but it was interesting to watch.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:49 PM   #190
HubbDave
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are - BB
I do love pics of defunct and abandoned Parks

Where was the podcast recorded? At the hotel?

Any pics of it yet?
Old 09-16-2012, 07:23 PM   #191
starwood
This mouse GOT her next cruise
I won't even tell my DH what I'm doing. He already thinks I'm nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbDave View Post
Where was the podcast recorded? At the hotel?

Any pics of it yet?
Podcast was recorded at the brunch. Final total was definitely over $14,000.

Environmentallity Begins With You
starwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:25 PM   #192
tigger813
DIS Veteran

We'll try and get some photos posted this week! I took a bunch during the podcast recording and there have been quite a few posted on FB so far.

It was an amazing day! We're all exhausted but totally thrilled with how it went!

Bring on the NE Dismeet in 2013!!!!!

Next trip: Easter at Disney April 17-23 (3 nights Kidani Savanna View, 3 nights Wilderness Lodge)
tigger813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:56 AM   #193
Haywardhauler
Earning My Ears

Smile Thanks !!!!!

I just want to thank the organizers once again for this wonderful event. I brought my family to the Big E on Saturday and was very thankful for the special rate you were able to secure at the Sheraton in Springfield as it saved us a long ride back "South of the Border" to Connecticut. The brunch on Sunday was AMAZING!!!!!! I was thrilled to meet Peter and the rest of the gang from Florida as well as my fellow Disney Fans. Cannot believe we were able to raise 14K+ for such a wonderul organization. Thanks again and we are looking forward to hopefully another meet in 2013
Haywardhauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:59 AM   #194
Haywardhauler
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigger813 View Post
We'll try and get some photos posted this week! I took a bunch during the podcast recording and there have been quite a few posted on FB so far.

It was an amazing day! We're all exhausted but totally thrilled with how it went!

Bring on the NE Dismeet in 2013!!!!!
What FB site are these pics located ?

Thanks !
Haywardhauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:16 AM   #195
tigger813
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haywardhauler View Post
What FB site are these pics located ?

Thanks !
We'll try to get them posted on the boards tonight.

If you are friends with any of the podcast team on Facebook then you will find photos there as well!

Someone is working on a video scrapbook as well that will also benefit GKTW!

Glad you enjoyed yourself! We had a great time at the Big E as well. Our first time!

TTFN

Next trip: Easter at Disney April 17-23 (3 nights Kidani Savanna View, 3 nights Wilderness Lodge)
tigger813 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: