DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2012, 10:22 PM   #76
corpcomp
The 100 Yard Dash and Mr. D

Dw thought GF was very snobby and has no interst in staying there. Hopefully GFC will be different but we really want poly dvc

1980-2000 - too many to count
March 01 Poly, March 02, 03 Coronado Springs
March 04 Caribbean Beaches, March 05, 06 Coronado Springs
July 06, April 07, April 08 BCV, June 08 BWV & Yacht Club, Feb 09 BWV, Halloween 09 SSR & BWV, April 10, July 10 BCV & VWL, Aug 11 BWV, Aug 12 BCV, April 13 BCV, NYE 13 BLT & BCV
corpcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 11:59 AM   #77
Tinkerdreams
DIS Veteran

Want 100 points

Seeing that the # of units at GFV will only be 147, I think it will be difficult to get in at the 7 month mark. VWL has the second least amount of total units at 181.

I haven't stayed at VWL but I hear its difficult to book. So in keeping that in mind, if I have 100 points, I can bank and borrow and stay every 3rd year, which is OK with me!!
Register to remove

Old 09-04-2012, 02:24 PM   #78
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerdreams View Post
Seeing that the # of units at GFV will only be 147, I think it will be difficult to get in at the 7 month mark. VWL has the second least amount of total units at 181.

I haven't stayed at VWL but I hear its difficult to book. So in keeping that in mind, if I have 100 points, I can bank and borrow and stay every 3rd year, which is OK with me!!
VWL has 138 "units" or a possible 181 rooms. And other than a few select times it's possible to book at 7 months out. I'm guessing that GFV will have no dedicated studios or 1 bedrooms and probably in the 200 to 225 possible rooms.

KAT4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 03:09 PM   #79
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerdreams View Post

VWL has 138 "units" or a possible 181 rooms. And other than a few select times it's possible to book at 7 months out. I'm guessing that GFV will have no dedicated studios or 1 bedrooms and probably in the 200 to 225 possible rooms.

KAT4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 04:10 PM   #80
Msmithmd
DIS Veteran

Just went by the place ten minutes ago on the monorail. Really taking shape. Should note that while the wet play area is being installed in the same construction project as the DVC buildings, I would say it is in no way a "DVC building amenity." It's about twice as close to the existing GF, as it is to the new construction GFV.

So both accommodations will use the same play area, but it's physically much closer to the existing hotel than to the new DVC building. DVC would be more honest when they market this, to say "the wedding chapel is a DVC amenity" than the new wet play area, if proximity is the guide.

It does appear that they may have a new quiet pool dug out, on the side of the new villas opposite the GF hotel (poly side). Too early to tell for sure, but it looks like it. Why else would they need a "retention pond" small shape right by seven seas lagoon, after all?
Msmithmd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 04:52 PM   #81
dvc at last !
DVC Member 2006!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmithmd View Post
Just went by the place ten minutes ago on the monorail. Really taking shape. Should note that while the wet play area is being installed in the same construction project as the DVC buildings, I would say it is in no way a "DVC building amenity." It's about twice as close to the existing GF, as it is to the new construction GFV.

So both accommodations will use the same play area, but it's physically much closer to the existing hotel than to the new DVC building. DVC would be more honest when they market this, to say "the wedding chapel is a DVC amenity" than the new wet play area, if proximity is the guide.

It does appear that they may have a new quiet pool dug out, on the side of the new villas opposite the GF hotel (poly side). Too early to tell for sure, but it looks like it. Why else would they need a "retention pond" small shape right by seven seas lagoon, after all?
Any pics ?
'12-AKL~ '12-OKW~'13-OKW~'13-BCV~'14-OKW~
dvc at last ! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:12 PM   #82
CaliforniaDreaming
#1 Grand Floridian Fan/Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmithmd View Post

I sure hope you are right with a quiet pool!!! I really think the resort needs it, in additional to the children's splash area, with the flux in rooms. The pools have been crowded enough in the past.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: