Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2012, 06:50 PM   #1
elielioh
Earning My Ears

Random Odds and Ends

So, a couple of random questions for you Disney brides. We're looking at an Escape wedding in January of 2014 so we've got time.

Floral- Are any of the escape package flowers available in blue? I know nothing about flowers and their naturally occurring colors. Is there a website where I can find this? (I've seen the travel babble list but it doesn't include colors.)

Photography- I do have Carrie's book but I'm looking for a simplified version. We want a HWS photoshoot. Are we best sticking with the basic package included and then paying whatever the current fee is for the shoot? Or should we add and subtract options or...? What works best here?

Also, we have a very good friend who is a decent photographer. (It was her minor and she does wedding photography in her free time.) She is very graciously offering to supplement the Disney photographer for free and my thoughts are "hey, extra pictures can't hurt." I'm trying to figure out her limits and what she can do without stepping on the Disney photographer's toes. Can she take photos during the ceremony and cake cutting? Disney gets priority- she is purely supplemental.

Last photography question- how long after can you expect your pictures? (For the sake of planning an at home ceremony.)

Booking question- getting 'penciled in' at 12 months. You simply call the number and say "I'm looking for this venue on this date' and they tentatively hold it for you? Is that all there is to it? How reliable is? We're using our vacation club points to book rooms at 11 months out but we're nervous as you can only book the ceremony at 8.

Last bit- We're having about 16 guests and want the cider at our cake cutting. 2 bottles are included yes? Is this sufficient or do we need more?
elielioh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:36 PM   #2
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by elielioh View Post
Floral- Are any of the escape package flowers available in blue? I know nothing about flowers and their naturally occurring colors. Is there a website where I can find this? (I've seen the travel babble list but it doesn't include colors.)
None of the flowers they use for the Escape bouquets naturally occur in blue, but you could talk to them about paying for an upgrade that includes flowers that are blue, like hydrangea. It may not cost that much more, depending on which are in season. Or you could just bring your own artificial bouquet.

Quote:
Photography- I do have Carrie's book but I'm looking for a simplified version. We want a HWS photoshoot. Are we best sticking with the basic package included and then paying whatever the current fee is for the shoot? Or should we add and subtract options or...? What works best here?

• The photography that comes with the Escape package can't be broken into swappable elements—you have to swap the whole shebang for either a dessert party shoot or an "Enhanced Portrait Session" (not what you're looking for).

• None of the upgraded photography packages you can buy include a theme park bridal portrait session.

• My advice now is to give up all the "products" that come with the Escape photography and pay the $300 to get a disc of all images, then buy the DHS bridal portrait session. You'll get all those photos on the disc with your wedding pix.

• All this could have changed by 2014.

Quote:
Also, we have a very good friend who is a decent photographer. (It was her minor and she does wedding photography in her free time.) She is very graciously offering to supplement the Disney photographer for free and my thoughts are "hey, extra pictures can't hurt." I'm trying to figure out her limits and what she can do without stepping on the Disney photographer's toes. Can she take photos during the ceremony and cake cutting? Disney gets priority- she is purely supplemental.
Considering that so many guests take pictures at weddings these days, often with pro-level equipment (to the point where it's now a trend to request that guests leave their cameras and cell phones at home), I'm sure Disney is used to this. As long as she's not hip-checking the Disney photographer to capture the bouquet toss or whatever, it's a nonissue...

Quote:
Last photography question- how long after can you expect your pictures? (For the sake of planning an at home ceremony.)
Usually it's only 2 or 3 weeks, though in the past I've seen people having to wait up to 6 weeks. When you book you can ask about the estimated turnaround time during the season when your wedding will take place.

Quote:
Booking question- getting 'penciled in' at 12 months. You simply call the number and say "I'm looking for this venue on this date' and they tentatively hold it for you? Is that all there is to it? How reliable is? We're using our vacation club points to book rooms at 11 months out but we're nervous as you can only book the ceremony at 8.
Disney now only pencils in Escape couples at 9 months (that one slipped thru the cracks in my book's update this week—sorry!). But unless you want a popular day/date and venue (Wedding Pavilion), and as long as you're flexible with time of day, I don't think you have to worry. Worst case, you might have to hold it the day before or the day after you'd planned.

Quote:
Last bit- We're having about 16 guests and want the cider at our cake cutting. 2 bottles are included yes? Is this sufficient or do we need more?
It's probably enough with half glasses: Each bottle serves 4—8 people.
lurkyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-15-2012, 03:50 PM   #3
elielioh
Earning My Ears

Thank you so much! You are beyond helpful and I'm very grateful you stick around here. Now...let's hope 9 months out doesn't ruin us. Hehe.
elielioh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 02:49 PM   #4
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

No problem! I hope you get your date!
lurkyloo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: