Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2012, 08:43 PM   #586
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post

The music was Beach Boys and other bubble gum pop from the era - it was a GREAT way to start the morning and we were all smiling already from ear to ear!
This would be fun! You can't go wrong with The Beach Boys, and I love seeing the characters in different costumes. So glad Henry had a great time here.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
MeMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 12:23 PM   #587
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Glad to see you back and reporting again!

World of Color looked amazing. We didn't get to see it when we were there - definitely a "must do" for next time!

Can't wait for more Disneyland!
RGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-20-2012, 05:07 PM   #588
Rainforest_Elf
No Worries

Quote:

Look at the height on that water!

Continued in next post[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
I've been reading your trip report, on and off between cleaning my house today, and I LOVE your pictures. I know you're using a canon, but what sort of lens did you bring to the parks? The picture above has to be my favorite image so far. CANNOT WAIT for World of Color!!!
Old 08-22-2012, 07:50 PM   #589
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Hey Brook,

Omg...I know I haven't been on the boards for a long while but Henry isn't baby at all anymore...he's a real boy! He's still super adorable..

Love this tr- have been to DL before and hope to get there next June...(want to see the new changes to Cali Adv...

Really interesting to be able to make comparisons when you've been to WDW first and then go to Disneyland...

I really liked it and think it is a totally different experience although it is hard not to be comparing in your mind...

I totally agree about Pirates...awesome in DL and Indy may also be my favorite ride of all...

I do agree with you about the casualness of the CMs in California- that is one thing that I didn't like as much...I thought it took some of the "fantasy" or illusion away... and even though it is a more local park...there are many people that do come there from all over... I don't know-is that company policy?

Anyhow looking forward toward your take on Hollywood and Legoland...
PracPerfPatricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:53 PM   #590
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post

Omg...I know I haven't been on the boards for a long while but Henry isn't baby at all anymore...he's a real boy! He's still super adorable..
3P's - How the heck are you? Hope all is well.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:13 PM   #591
jwwi
DIS Veteran

I really am enjoying your TR. I just loved WOC. It is such an amazing show. Your pictures are so beautiful, mine were just OK. We did have a view of the show from our balcony at GCH, our standard room. Boy, what an upgrade that was! I caught the show every night from the balcony. Fabulous! I know it has been compared to the water show at the Belagio in Vegas, but for a Disney lover this doesn't even compare. It really is that good, isn't it?
Your walk and pictures on your way to Cheesecake factory were fun to see, they do have good food. And awesome specials for happy hour, the appetizers are so good. We live 2 miles from one, and it is at a mall that includes PF Chang's too.
Great report on your Character breakfast at PP. It sure looks like Henry was having a great time. It is hard to put a price on the character interaction at the meals, but it looks like this one was an overall winner for your family. The food looks good, even this late at night.
Can't wait to read about your trip to LA and the sights of the city.
Old 08-25-2012, 12:27 PM   #592
dmwang9
Agent P's sidekick-in-training

Hello! I just found this TR and am joining in kinda late, but on the other hand, this gives me large chunks of Disney reading to do on my commute to school each day for a while!

Even though I live in San Francisco, I've always considered WDW my home parks. However, I just booked 5 nights at VGC using my DVC points, so I've started doing my pre-trip research -- hence my subscribing to this TR.

[A friend of mine just walked by, read that last sentence, and rolled his eyes at the phrase "pre-trip research". Muggles. What are you going to do with them? ]

Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting caught up here. I've really enjoyed your other TR's.

-- Dave

DLR: off site (8/74), GC (2/01), DLH (10/07, Gay Days Anaheim), VGC (3/13), off site (12/13), off site (2/14)
WDW: Swan (7/03, Nimbus), CR (8/06), Dolphin (8/07), Swan (6/08), Swan (6/09), BWV (7/10), BWV (7/11), BWV (6/12), SSR (6/13), BWV (3/14, Flower and Garden)
Universal: Royal Pacific (7/10, Infinitus), Portofino Bay (7/12, Ascendio)
Cruises: Dream (7/11, 4 night Bahamas), Dream (6/12, PCC 3.0, 5 night Bahamas), Fantasy (6/13, 7 night W Caribbean)

Upcoming trips: DIS ABD Backstage Magic (July 6-11, 2014), DL Half Marathon (Aug 29-Sep 1, 2014), AKV (Oct 27-31, 2014)
dmwang9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 05:07 PM   #593
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

I've only just started reading your TR, and am really enjoying it! Your first two posts have so many pictures...even of food...awesome!!! I can't wait to read more! Thanks for taking the time to put all those pictures in there. I know it takes a lot of time and work from my own TR experiences.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:42 AM   #594
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

I LOVE that map of the DL area! I know it pretty well after a few trips here, but it is still useful to me to map out our ride plans and choose restaurants since you can zoom in and out. It's great that it is so detailed. Easier than using park maps in guide books even. Thanks! Can't wait to see what else I learn from you!

BTW, we are Disney fanatics too. DH is currently doing travel agent course work too. (Currently he's a stay at home, homeschooling dad.) He would love to plan vacations and be a travel writer.
Old 08-27-2012, 01:15 PM   #595
kmrein
Mouseketeer

Oh my goodness! I just wanted to subscribe here! I am a huge fan of your past reports and I am planning my first ever DL trip in just under a month (27 days, in fact, not that I'm counting every second or anything...), so I can't wait to read about your experience at DL. I am not sure how on earth I missed this until now but luckily the long holiday weekend is coming up so I will have plenty of time to enjoy! Hope you've been well.

1989-first trip (off-site); 1997/2011-Port Orleans FQ
2004/05/07/08/10-Fort Wilderness Campground
2010-Polynesian Resort

2012-Disneyland (Grand Californian/Paradise Pier)

"If your heart is in your dream, no request is too extreme..."
kmrein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:31 AM   #596
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

Awesome TR! I've never seen anyone take more pictures than I do and especially post them too! You did a great job! What kind of camera do you have? I loved your WOC shots. I'm disappointed in my current camera.
I know how time consuming TRs are...so I half joke when I ask...When are you going to post a TR for your cruise? And you're definately going to do a WDW TR right?
You're going to LOVE MNSSHP! We'll be in DL in October and going to Mickey's Halloween Party for the first time...we've been to MNSSHP twice. I'm working on my park plans and dining plans today. So glad we get ressies at the last minute at DL!
Old 09-16-2012, 02:25 PM   #597
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

Quote:
In 1989 a new “gold age” of Disney animation began with the premiere of The Little Mermaid. The animated windows created for The Little Mermaid included detailed figures sophisticated animation and for the first time music. Within the next few years, windows at the Emporium mesmerized viewers with miniature dimensional scenes from Disney’s Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King, and Aladdin.

Continued in next post
This is what I experienced when I went to DL for the first time in 1989. I knew nothing about Little Mermaid or that it was going to be a movie, but I saw the windows and fell head over heels in love with the window display! My dad and step mom kept telling me to keep up! But all I wanted to do was look at the window displays. It was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen and I couldn't believe my eyes standing there, I was so in awe of the magic and beauty.

Un-Tangled....How I Got My Life Back-PTR, You Just Lost 80 Pounds-TR
DisneyLand 1989-twice-Nov.1995, Nov.1998, Nov.2001
DisneyWorld-May'07-Stayed @ POP, July'08-Off Property, May'10-Stayed @ CSR, May '13- Stayed @ POP,AofA,CSR & POR-All in one trip!
Millie12591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:01 AM   #598
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Anyone?

Is anyone still here?

Helloooooooooo?

Bueller?

I'm going to work on an update NOW!

Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:02 AM   #599
KristiMc
DIS Veteran

I'm still here

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: