Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Hong Kong Disneyland
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2012, 05:44 PM   #31
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_Melanie View Post
I think it's the cross-hotel rule, because we're at the Hollywood it's a 21 day out rule. We were told if we were staying at the Disneyland, we'd have an earlier window....

Our phones are locked so the sim wouldn't work in our phones. We work out it'll be about £80 or so for the full trip, when we were in New England for christmas and new year in 2010, we turned data off on my phone for most of the trip, I used it a little for a few emails, updating FB and we called home on christmas day for a few short calls and my bill was about £60 higher than usual....we are thinking about the phone hire as it would mean having an internet connection for most of the day....handy for maps and apps.....as well as calling home and my brother on his wedding day (he's getting married while we're away....)

HKDL posted up the sneak peaks for merchandise and food for halloween and I'm seriously excited lol!!!
Will your service provider let you unlock your phones? It may come down to a fee. But in the long run, it may be worth it.

I'm refusing to look at the merchandise on line. No point torturing myself.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 05:49 PM   #32
Princess_Melanie
Princess in Training

The merchandise pics are a little small, but the sample on display looked neat, excited to see some of the pins....

I may look into unlocking, but I don't think it's something our provider offers....how much was the pre-paid sim? The reason I like the look of the hire of a smart phone is that the daily cost is fixed and includes all calls to the UK (landlines), all HK numbers and unlimited data.....so we'd know exactly how much we're spending. They also let you tether it to a laptop so that will be useful in the hotel room, no internet charge or having to sit in the lobby for free wi-fi
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-16-2012, 05:34 AM   #33
PrincessInOz
in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_Melanie View Post
The merchandise pics are a little small, but the sample on display looked neat, excited to see some of the pins....

I may look into unlocking, but I don't think it's something our provider offers....how much was the pre-paid sim? The reason I like the look of the hire of a smart phone is that the daily cost is fixed and includes all calls to the UK (landlines), all HK numbers and unlimited data.....so we'd know exactly how much we're spending. They also let you tether it to a laptop so that will be useful in the hotel room, no internet charge or having to sit in the lobby for free wi-fi
Melanie - The prepaid sim was a "gift" from the nephew of our TA friend. I suspect that it wasn't more than $40 Aussie; which is about GBP 20-30. DH and I had a phone and the sim card each. He used a lot more data than me and probably topped up with another Aussie$15. The included call allowance on my card lasted practically the whole trip.

I don't know if the Dis will allow this link to Whirlpool...I googled "3 prepaid sim Hong Kong"...

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1341981

The advice on here seems to be to purchase the SIM card at the airport.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Old 09-16-2012, 02:10 PM   #34
Princess_Melanie
Princess in Training

Thank You the linked worked and I had a quick read, given both options to DBF to have a look at too, the price for hiring a phone has now gone down to HK$68 per day which is excellent, so it's all up to DBF now....
Old 12-26-2012, 12:17 AM   #35
jenshell75
Mouseketeer

lurking and learing. We just booked HKDL for 3 nights December 2013 23rd, 24th and 25th December. It's our Christmas treat

We hope to spend 10 -12 days in HK

I can't wait to hear all your plans and see all your photos

Jen
Sydney Australia

Me 37 DH 34 DD 7 DS 5
jenshell75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 01:11 AM   #36
PrincessInOz
in

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenshell75 View Post
lurking and learing. We just booked HKDL for 3 nights December 2013 23rd, 24th and 25th December. It's our Christmas treat

We hope to spend 10 -12 days in HK

I can't wait to hear all your plans and see all your photos

Jen
Sydney Australia
Congrats Jenshell! Sounds like a wonderful way to spend Christmas!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: