Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2012, 08:36 AM   #46
lucifie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by auralia View Post
I am also paying her 1$ for each green day that she has and that goes in a jar that is for her to spend at Disney (or how ever else she would prefer).
I was just going to suggest that.
Old 09-16-2012, 09:07 AM   #47
lucifie
DIS Veteran

I've read through the whole thread and I agree that it's no wonder she's acting out. Children learn from play and her school sounds incredibly boring. There could be some underlying sensory issues as well. My DD has special needs, including sensory processing disorder. She's doing much better now but it got worse before it got better. When her OT first mentioned it when she was around 2 I thought she was crazy because I didn't really understand it. Then I read "The Out of Sync Child" and it was almost like the author was writing about DD. I suspect your DD is more likely bored, but it wouldn't hurt to check it out of the library.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-16-2012, 11:49 AM   #48
Schmeck
Funny thing is now my 17 year old naps almost every day and so do I!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifie View Post
I've read through the whole thread and I agree that it's no wonder she's acting out. Children learn from play and her school sounds incredibly boring. There could be some underlying sensory issues as well. My DD has special needs, including sensory processing disorder. She's doing much better now but it got worse before it got better. When her OT first mentioned it when she was around 2 I thought she was crazy because I didn't really understand it. Then I read "The Out of Sync Child" and it was almost like the author was writing about DD. I suspect your DD is more likely bored, but it wouldn't hurt to check it out of the library.
I thought the same thing, until I re-read the OP's original post. She said her child was fine in pre-k, after getting settled in. She also did not mention any issues occuring at home or at an earlier age. Unless she just developed a rare case of belated processing, I'm thinking the child is seeing what she can get away with.
Aug '05 - BC Aug '04 - PC, AKL
Oct '02 - AKL, POR May '99 - CBR
May '96 - CBR Dec '80 - offsite
Schmeck is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: