Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2012, 09:39 AM   #1
leanne11
Always remember to use the net to store your loose items on the MIB ride

reunion resort..4 bdroom house? waterpark?

saw there waterpark..and looks nicer then windsor hills..but when i research find alot of community pools not the big water thing..any reviews or ideas where the house should be to be close? looking for house not condo or townhouse..anyone can recommend a house..they look not too far from WH..thnx

NEW PRINCE --SEPT /09
leanne11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:11 PM   #2
Lucky'sMom
DIS Veteran

I don't believe any home rentals there include use of their waterpark. The waterpark is for owners and those staying at the Wydham resort there, also I think condo rentals through the actual Reunion Resort rental office.

We just stayed in a 5bed/5bath house in the Patriot's Landing section and loved it!

2014-June, Windsor Hills pool home and HRH; 2012-July, RPR and Reunion resort pool home; May,Marriott's Grande Vista; 2011 -Jan: CSR; May: CBR; 2009 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek Presidential Suite!; 2008 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek and RPR; 2007 - POR, Wonder Cruise, BWV; 2006 - Springhill Suites, UO and PBH, Nick Hotel; 2005 - Ft. Wilderness Cabins; 2003 - Poly, OKW, AsMo; 2002 - UO and RPR; 2001 - Sheraton Vistana Villages; 2000 - Holiday Inn Family Suites, ASMu; 1996 - Swan; 1995 - Swan, ASSp, ASMu; 1994 - POFQ
Lucky'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-07-2012, 06:48 AM   #3
sympatico
DIS Veteran

I've stayed at this 5 br house a couple of times but that was before the restriction on waterpark use. It is stated in their rates that you have 2 days of waterpark access included. http://www.vrbo.com/260085

Also I had this one bookmarked a while ago that is suppose to include the waterpark. http://www.vrbo.com/374437

If you contact them make sure you ask about the waterpark access.
Lindfields: twice, Lake Davenport, Venice hotel,Oak Plantation, St. Pete's Beach Hilton, Wyndham Cypress Palms, Pink Shell Fort Myers Beach, Liki Tiki Village, Grand Reserve, Rotonda Lakes near Port Charlotte,Windsor Hills: 6 times, Indian Creek (twice), Emerald Island (4 times), Reunion Resort (twice) Sunset Lakes, Crestwynd Bay, Briarwood in Naples
sympatico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 11:05 AM   #4
Dave1234
Mouseketeer

There are restrictions on the waterpark useage at Reunion unlike WH so you need to get clear with the owner what access you will have to the waterpark when you are there. Some owners live onsite and can sign you in every day others will need to allocate you passes which may mean you can only use for a certain number of days when you are there. A number of properties on here with access:

http://*******************************...?propertyid=85
Dave1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 02:16 PM   #5
bek
Mouseketeer

If you book through Wyndham, it's unlimited access to the Waterpark. If you book through a private owner, definitely ask. Some of the owners I contacted did not have any waterpark availability, others had only one day and others had additional charges to use the waterpark. We booked through Wyndham and stayed in Villas South, which is the closest to the waterpark. We found it easier to drive over to the waterpark rather than walk.

As for the waterpark itself -- it was nice but not as wonderful as the photos and videos portray. It's divided into two parts. There's the part with the structure which is a shallow wading area. This had buckets that randomly gushed huge amounts of water. It terrified my 2-year old grandson and my 4-year old grandson adapted but was really wary. The other section has a zero entry pool with access to the "lazy river". We spent most of the time in the zero entry pool as my grandkids preferred the quiet water to the structure with the random gushes. But older kids would take over the shallow part for games of catch. There was no way to watch on the kids in both areas at the same time as it is a fairly long walk between them. There are lifeguards but my grandkids are not yet swimmers, so my husband and I needed to keep an eye on them. Also on the gushing water play structure, the kids could become hidden from view.

Reunion Resorts is a beautiful, quiet, golf-oriented property and the condo we stayed in was more deluxe than AKL and CR. (My DH and I stayed AKL last January and the kids/grandkids were at CR). It's a short drive (perhaps 10 minutes) back to WDW. Hollywood Studios is the closest park. If you turn left when you leave RR, there is a Publix grocery store no more than a two minute drive.
bek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:51 AM   #6
redheadedmermaid73
Mouseketeer

If you book through a private owner or outside rental company there is no water park access. However there are multiple pools (6) on the property. Also, you'll get better customer service if you book through the hotel. I know it's more money but it really is worth it. A lot of times people who rent through an outside company can't get a hold of someone of a problem arises and they're stuck trying to get ahold of someone.
*The opinions and comments in the above post do not reflect the views, opinions, policies, or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates, including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all other included areas.*

DH (25) ME (25) Our furbabies Nani Shadow Penny
redheadedmermaid73 is offline   Reply With Quote