Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2012, 02:05 PM   #31
N365PA
First rule of the bayou: never take directions from a gator.

I would love to be able to get 4 people to MCO for $2000.

Clint
Anchorage, AK
June 29-July 10: Copenhagen-Dover Disney Magic

N365PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 04:09 PM   #32
Greysword

DIS Dad #618
Fantasmic is not rainbows and unicorns; it is a full contact sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpydad View Post
thanks, but am i doing something wrong here.

I checked into this and the flight for 377.00 leaves 6:20 am on the 16th and arrives the 18th.

That would not work at all
Wow, that would be a heck of a layover, huh?

I just rechecked (ISP to TPA), and the single connection for under $400 isn't there. Now it is showing $383 with two connections (via DCA on US, DL to ATL then TPA) depart and arrive on 16 Feb.

AA/US is showing from LGA to TPA via CLT for $387 and a few others leavening the evening of the 16th.

When you bring up the ITA matrix website, type in ISP into the departing (clicking the "nearby" word to the right to add other airports), then enter MCO into the deatination (click on "nearby" beside the box to add additional airports), choose an outbound and return date (play with the other boxes around it as desired or use the calendar option below it). Then click "search" at the bottom.

When I ran the initial search, I used ISP as the foundation, clicked "nearby" and clicked on all the presented options (likely for 50 mile radius), and I did the same for MCO. In addition, I chose 15 Feb and chose "+/- one day" from the time options, then did the same for departure.

It provided lots of combinations. ISP has quite a few still under $402 with one or two connections on the 16th.

ETA: If you have a smart phone, you can download the ITA app for free. When you do a search, you can save it in the Itineraries tab (on the app). This allows you to check the new prices quickly. For our Nov trip, I saved several flight options, then checked daily (or sometimes more often) quickly. Once the price dropped to my tolerance, I looked it up on the airline's website.
- Chris, DIS Dad #618.

Greysword is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-14-2012, 10:57 PM   #33
lynypixie
Mouseketeer

Until about a year or two, it was cheaper for Canadians to fly from across the border, but it looks pretty much the same now.

I haven't bought them yet, but I found a round-trip for less than 2000$ for the 5 of us (with stops, of course)

DH (31), me(30), DS6, DD4 and DD2

2004 bachelorette party (offsite), 2005 with DH (offsite), 2006 quick visit to DLP. 2013 AOA LK suite with all the kids!
lynypixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 05:41 AM   #34
grumpydad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysword View Post
Wow, that would be a heck of a layover, huh?

I just rechecked (ISP to TPA), and the single connection for under $400 isn't there. Now it is showing $383 with two connections (via DCA on US, DL to ATL then TPA) depart and arrive on 16 Feb.

AA/US is showing from LGA to TPA via CLT for $387 and a few others leavening the evening of the 16th.

When you bring up the ITA matrix website, type in ISP into the departing (clicking the "nearby" word to the right to add other airports), then enter MCO into the deatination (click on "nearby" beside the box to add additional airports), choose an outbound and return date (play with the other boxes around it as desired or use the calendar option below it). Then click "search" at the bottom.

When I ran the initial search, I used ISP as the foundation, clicked "nearby" and clicked on all the presented options (likely for 50 mile radius), and I did the same for MCO. In addition, I chose 15 Feb and chose "+/- one day" from the time options, then did the same for departure.

It provided lots of combinations. ISP has quite a few still under $402 with one or two connections on the 16th.

ETA: If you have a smart phone, you can download the ITA app for free. When you do a search, you can save it in the Itineraries tab (on the app). This allows you to check the new prices quickly. For our Nov trip, I saved several flight options, then checked daily (or sometimes more often) quickly. Once the price dropped to my tolerance, I looked it up on the airline's website.
Again, thanks for looking and trying to help.

My 2 DD's and DW had a sit down last night and we talked her into PHL

So it's PHL to MCO direct for a total of 918.00

I'll probably leave the 16th, get a room at the airport for the night (flight leaves at 7 am) arrives at 9:35, should be at AK by 11:00.
Then of we go to MK

2000-caribbean beach
2002-coranado
2003-disneyland
2005-offsite
2006-saratoga springs
2007-saratoga springs
Jan 2008-saratoga springs
july 2008-saratoga springs
feb 2009- saratoga springs
Jan 2010- saratoga springs
Nov 2011- saratoga springs
Feb 2013- Animal Kingdom
Aug 2013- SSR and Kidani Village
grumpydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 06:51 AM   #35
magsmum
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I'll probably leave the 16th, get a room at the airport for the night (flight leaves at 7 am) arrives at 9:35, should be at AK by 11:00.
Then of we go to MK
What airlines are you flying on? I'm looking to fly out of BOS, MHT or PVD and flights are ridiculous. Driving alone with 3 kids was my backup, but maybe I'll drive to PHL, park and fly, and drive back. That may be more doable!
magsmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 07:25 AM   #36
grumpydad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by magsmum View Post
What airlines are you flying on? I'm looking to fly out of BOS, MHT or PVD and flights are ridiculous. Driving alone with 3 kids was my backup, but maybe I'll drive to PHL, park and fly, and drive back. That may be more doable!
airtran, hope you find the same great prices

2000-caribbean beach
2002-coranado
2003-disneyland
2005-offsite
2006-saratoga springs
2007-saratoga springs
Jan 2008-saratoga springs
july 2008-saratoga springs
feb 2009- saratoga springs
Jan 2010- saratoga springs
Nov 2011- saratoga springs
Feb 2013- Animal Kingdom
Aug 2013- SSR and Kidani Village
grumpydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 09:00 AM   #37
phillymummer
DIS Veteran

If anyone does decide to drive to Philly, this is the parking lot my family always uses.

http://www.theparkingspot.com/Locati...ons.aspx?ID=69

We have never had any issues. The shuttles come frequently, the drivers are safe (not crazy!) and very pleasant. I do believe they have security cameras. It is easy to get to- right off of I-95.

Oct 2012 POFQ- First trip planned all by myself (and with plenty of help from The Dis!)
Next trip- Nov 2015 to MK and Universal!
phillymummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 11:34 AM   #38
kaytieeldr
Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - but NOT the people who make them - since 2012

Location: There is no Pixie Dust on the Transportation Board!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magsmum View Post
Using the same ITA Software matrix/site/app that Greysword keeps advocating and which is available to anyone... I found $269 PP r/t out of Hartford. Flight departs 7 AM 2/16, returns slightly before 7 PM 2/24. Airline is jetBlue. Flights are nonstop.
kaytieeldr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 01:41 PM   #39
4 DZNY NUTZ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCismyhappyplace View Post
I'd book them now on Southwest and then compulsively check to see if the price goes lower! I do that all the time.
lol, I do the same thing!!!!

November 2014 -Disney Dream
February 2013 -POFQ & Disney Dream - Our First Cruise!!!
December 2011 - All Star Music - 2nd Honeymoon
November 2010 - All Star Sports
November 2009 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek
December 2008 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
February 2008 - All Star Music
February 2007 - Pop Century
February 2006 - All Star Sports
March 2005 - Off Site
February 1994 - Off Site
June 1992 - Off Site
1972 thru 1982 - Off Site
4 DZNY NUTZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 02:33 PM   #40
LisaTC
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Then of we go to MK
good for you! Glad you booked because I booked this Tues, THANK HEAVENS! because today 9/15 the flights are $200pp more each for $600 more. Brother!

LisaTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 09:04 PM   #41
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynypixie View Post
Until about a year or two, it was cheaper for Canadians to fly from across the border, but it looks pretty much the same now.

I haven't bought them yet, but I found a round-trip for less than 2000$ for the 5 of us (with stops, of course)
Comparing my direct flights from Buffalo at Christmas time (Dec 23 - Dec 30) to similarly-timed direct flights from Toronto:

Round trip, for 3, from Buffalo, NY via Airtran and Jetblue $1125

Round trip, for 3, from Toronto via Air Canada $1788

Round trip, for 3, from Toronto via Westjet $2638

Glad you were able to find some decent flight prices from an airport close to home. We would need prices to come down a lot further to ever consider flying again from Canada.

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! **August 2014 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:55 AM   #42
magsmum
Mouseketeer

Quote:
airtran, hope you find the same great prices
Thank you! Yes, I have found those rates and they are very appealing, but DH does not want me to book. He feels driving tor Philly will be a huge waste of time (like driving to Orlando won't be?) I could even mess around with SW points and get one ticket down transferring old SW credits/points to AT credits and then fly us all back on SW using points. I'd only pay out of pocket for 3 tickets going down. Grrrr. The only gamble is weather- if there is a storm up north, I could have problems making the flight. Maybe I'll be able to negotiate. DH will fly from the Boston area with business paying for his ticket. I don't think he has a clue about how high the fares are- even though I have told him.
Old 09-16-2012, 09:38 AM   #43
FayeW
DIS Veteran

I'm pricing flights for our Feb trip and I can't believe how expensive JetBlue is out of Syracuse! It's less than $300 more to fly from our home airport, so for the first time we will fly from a Canadian airport. Usually I would be all over saving that money, but we would either need to leave at 7:00 AM or spring for the park and ride hotel then night before, and adding in the tank of gas, and extra meals for the 3 of us, it is worth the extra money to fly from home.

Our son is missing a couple of days of school for this trip, if we fly from home at 2:30 PM, he can actually go to school for his morning classes and leave at lunch time instead of missing the whole day.
FayeW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:02 AM   #44
kaytieeldr
Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - but NOT the people who make them - since 2012

Location: There is no Pixie Dust on the Transportation Board!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magsmum
Thank you! Yes, I have found those rates and they are very appealing, but DH does not want me to book. He feels driving tor Philly will be a huge waste of time
See post 38. I found you either a good fare or a reasonabl compromise, that simply requires driving to Hartford.

People: the ITA Software airfare matrix works for anyone!
kaytieeldr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:34 AM   #45
magsmum
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaytieeldr View Post
See post 38. I found you either a good fare or a reasonabl compromise, that simply requires driving to Hartford.

People: the ITA Software airfare matrix works for anyone!
Thank you! I was playing around a bit on that software. Those flights won't work well for us- we are at least 2 hours from Hartford. The kids and I will leave for school at 6:30 am on the 25th and DH leaves the morning of the 25th for another business trip. We'll get home late from the airport and that leaves me solo parenting, working and trying to unpack/wash from the trip. Plus, I will lose my rate at the Dolphin and have to pay more $$$ if I change the dates on that reservation.

Right now I am toying with flying PVD to Jacksonville, driving to Orlando, and then all of us flying home together (with DH) from MCO to MHT. I can get the kids and I home on points.... No substantial change to our rental car rate doing it this way.
Still way more than I wanted to pay.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: