Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2012, 04:46 PM   #481
snowwhitesmom
DIS Veteran
I'll let you guys in on a secret - I feel naked without my wires
the woed of the day is dookie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
I am so sorry that I have been neglecting this TR....real life is a little crazy but I hope to get an update down on the weekend and I'll reply to all posts then too!!

Thanks to all our great and wonderful Dis-friends for understanding!!!
Hope all is well!
Old 09-09-2012, 10:01 PM   #482
OhioDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

Finally getting caught up! I so want to go up in Characters in Flight. It looked like you had a great time!

We were at WPE once and didn't like it at all. Wondering if we need to try it again?

Hey BangBang Chicken...Where's Carl?http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post50814403 CURRENT TR in Progress Really? All of us? ... a Jan PTR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3186622
The Most Wonderful Thing About Tiggers...happened to us! A 2013 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3066866
Road Trip! Stop1: Inkedupmomma's Wedding, Stop 2: Disney - A Feb 2013 PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post45966160
Small Po-taaaa-toes! My Sept 2011 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post42885313
The "I said I wasn't going to do a PTR...PTR (Sept 2011) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post39927349
Drama Please End...Fun, Please Begin..A Sept TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post38357331
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-09-2012, 11:45 PM   #483
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings
I am so sorry that I have been neglecting this TR....real life is a little crazy but I hope to get an update down on the weekend and I'll reply to all posts then too!!

Thanks to all our great and wonderful Dis-friends for understanding!!!
Miss you hon! Hope all is well and that Shan is settling in at University okay. It's a big change for sure. We will be here when you get back.

Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:44 AM   #484
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkondz View Post
Wellll.... It's looking good for next July, actually. She actually said, "I'm getting a little back pay from work. I was thinking about putting it towards Disney."
How great is that!!! So happy for you guys!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
Your dinner at WPE looks delicious! I'm loving the looks of that salad. What all was in it?
That salad was so good...it was kinda like coleslaw but with a different dressing, wonton chips and cashews....so yummy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PISCESANGEL View Post
Sea salt caramel ice cream you say?? I MUST try that... yummmmmmmm! I wouldn't be happy either!

Can't wait to hear the story about the little girl...
and we are all great, thank you!!

Talk to you soon...
Carla
Oh you must...it was heavenly! Hope you guys are all well!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooksma View Post
Yummy!

Asian salad is one of Declan's new favs. Only salad he will eat!

Spent the last couple of days cross-border shopping with the girls. Had lots of fun and thought of you

Bought a few more things for our Mickey bathroom...
That's so funny because when my salad came out Shanleigh was eyeing it up and my picky eater finally agreed to try a bite and loved it!

Thought of you last week end when Shanleigh and I headed down....had such a great time altho coming back the border was crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamingdebby View Post
That pizza looks delicious!! Can I have it for lunch and then visit goofy's? haha

That picture of Shanleigh is lovely!!!
That sounds like a great plan to both of us

Thanks Debby, it's the one I have on my desk at work...I love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowwhitesmom View Post
Still following along - and loving it!
Glad you're still here...I am hoping to get back into it soon... I have a few weeks off coming up so I hope to catch up then!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon84 View Post
I dont understand why people can't follow the feeding the birds rules either, they freak me out a little bit, not like poor Jeff though

Looks like a great night at DTD
They freaked Shan out this time too because they were so agressive...yes, Jeff is one of a kind

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Fun way to end the day, well, except for the birds of course. I don't understand people who don't follow the rules. And trust me, if one of those birds nipped their little Johnny, they'd be suing Disney as if it was their fault.
You got that right Kathy! It's frustrating to say the least!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandite View Post
Loving your trip report. I went to the World about 2 months ago and didn't know they could do custom art work on your TOMs! Oh well another reason to go back next year!
So glad you're following along! I think that's a great reason to go back....I see you, like me, can justify anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Hey Girl! Been wondering what you've been up to. Glad you're still around! How is school going for Shan? Hope all is good! I figure you are probably planning your next trip by now.
This real life stuff has sure been getting in the way! I am working tons of overtime and by the time I get home the last thing I want to see is another compter I have some holidays next month so I amhoping to be all caught up here and to all my threads! Hope you're well my friend
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooksma View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Ahhh life does that sometimes! We're all waiting patiently for a time when you get a chance to come back!
It didn't happen this weekend like I hoped it would....you must be getting super excited!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDisneyMom View Post
Hi Oueen! Hope all is well, can't wait to read more!
I am going to try my darndest to get caught up over the next couple of days on my TR and everyone elses over the next couple of weeks! Glad you're still here!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrate_Pryncess View Post
Subbing in! Awesome trip so far!
Thank you for subbing! This week for sure, you all have my word, that I will have another post up!
Old 09-10-2012, 08:48 AM   #485
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowwhitesmom View Post
Hope all is well!
Hello my friend...yes, all is well, just silly busy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioDisneyLover View Post
Finally getting caught up! I so want to go up in Characters in Flight. It looked like you had a great time!

We were at WPE once and didn't like it at all. Wondering if we need to try it again?
Shanleigh and I were talking about you guys yesterday as we were looking back on our pictures from 2 years ago when we met you guys in the World. Where has 2 years gone. She was saying now that the weather is starting to change it makes her wish we were going in September again!
Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Miss you hon! Hope all is well and that Shan is settling in at University okay. It's a big change for sure. We will be here when you get back.
Hey sweets...miss youtoo!

She is settling in just fine....first 2 assignments 100%, did I mention she's a smarty pants! So proud of her! She was worried that maybe she wouldn't do as well as she did in high school but so far so good!!
Old 09-10-2012, 11:09 AM   #486
mermaid764
DIS Veteran

Hi Queen,

I just wanted to say that I can't wait to see more updates when life gets less hectic, although I probably won't be checking in to see them again until we get back at the end of the month.

Way to go Shanleigh...those are awesome marks and she should be really proud!

Hope all is well with you guys and looking forward to reading more later

Old 09-11-2012, 10:26 AM   #487
ShesAPirate
DIS Veteran

Just joining in
Old 09-11-2012, 12:14 PM   #488
Practically_Perfect
Mouseketeer

Hey Queen! Been reading your reports for a while now (BTW - that was one MASSIVE spider ), but not sure if I've ever commented.

I love reading your reports, because it's so nice to get a fellow Canadian's perspective. Also, you and Jasmine/Shan seem to have so much fun together!

I do have a question for you. I see that you use packing cubes - how helpful did you find them? Did they save space? Do you pack them by outfit (i.e. Monday's outfit in cube A, Tuesday's in cube B) or by item (tops in one, bottoms in another)?

Okay - so maybe I had more than one question....I've been thinking about getting them for a while now, and really wanted to know how useful people find them to be.

Oh, also - WOW to the redo at Winnipeg airport! It's been a few years since I've been there (I think the last time was 2006 or 2007), and what a change!
Old 09-11-2012, 04:50 PM   #489
Sweetly
Mouseketeer

Just joining in. Love the TR. It has taken me all day to read ~ reading when I have some down time.
Old 09-16-2012, 07:52 AM   #490
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

I can't believe I have fallen so far behind on this TR! I kept thinking "I have some holidays coming up in October/November, I'll get caught up then" but that is just too far away so I thought I better get a post done before our very busy day starts!

This lovely morning would be taking us to AK! Not our favourite park but we do enjoy it! If we do nothing but FOTLK there I am a happy girl but Shanleigh had other plans!

We decided to take a different route to the food court and look who we ran into!

When my parents went with my sister and her family in 2004 this is the building they all stayed in...I could just picture my mum by the big wheel and it brought a smile to my face!

Shanleigh and I were going to be coming to spend some time at this pool before the end of our vacation....or at least that was the plan!

This says it all!

We went in and had some breakfast and then headed out to the bus! It was such a gorgeous morning and we couldn't help but think how hot it would eventually get at AK so we better get to it! Crowds, once again, weren't bad at all!

Let The Memories Begin....how true is this! When I think back on all of our many trips (yes, we are truly blessed) watching my daughter grow up in our pictures from the World, made me a little misty this morning!

Had to grab a picture with the Tree of Life but didn't have time to wait for a PP...grab one shot and run!

Ok, so I lied...maybe two shots!

Yak and Yeti...we'll be back at noon for our ADR and we couldn't wait! We hadn't eaten here since 2008 or 2009....either way, it had been a while!

I loved the look of this little cart!

I'm sure you have figured out by now where we were off too....that's right, EE!

After a great ride we decided we should head over to KS...this would be such a mistake! Never, in all the years that we'd come to this park have we ever waited to do this adventure! Today, start to finish, almost 2 hours....it was brutal. The only saving grace was a lovely couple we met in line with their two boys. We chatted the whole time, saw pictures of their brand new home they had just bought and just enjoyed each other's company. I never did find out what the hold up was but we did get stopped for 25 minutes while on safari waiting for some rhino's to move off the road! I took no pictures of the safari, just chose to enjoy it!
We were trying to decide what to do after and it was then that I remembered my friend Mary Ellen (MEK) posting pictures about Flights of Wonder...yup, never have seen it so we headed over! Thank you so much Mary Ellen, it was such a great show!

Isn't he gorgeous....the bird, people, the bird!

Shanleigh thought of Jeff while we were here and how he would be flailing away with the birds flying overhead....it was then that we decided on our next trip we would arrive early and sit right where all the birds fly over just to watch Jeff!

When FoW was finished it was time to head for Yak and Yeti for our noon ADR! We checked in and waited to be called! It was far busier than the last time we vistited but it was such a nice break to get in out of the heat so I was happy I decided on noon and not 5!

What I sat beside while we waited!

The menu!

We both decided to have the same thing....Shrimp Lo Mein....oh my word was it delicious, but we could definitely have easily split this...way too much food!

After our lunch it was time to head over to my favourite attraction (which I've heard rumours could be leaving ) FOLTK. I never take my camera out here, I just sit and watch and sing at the top of my lungs, much to Shanleigh's embarrassment

I will leave you here and hopefully see you before next weekend with another post! I hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Old 09-16-2012, 08:44 AM   #491
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

OMG an update!

We've been to Flight of Wonder a couple of times, it is a great show. Same with Yak & Yeti, great food. Been there a couple of times as well (or as Declan thinks, just once).

Nice picture on Facebook the other day. Always nice to get a picture with an Olympic medal.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

Old 09-16-2012, 09:22 AM   #492
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Yayyyy! I got to see your update as I'm waiting in the airport!
I do enjoy ak, it's a nice relaxing park. Love flights of wonder, such a cool show!
Yak & yeti looks so pretty, can't believe I get to eat there for the first time tomorrow!
Old 09-16-2012, 10:49 AM   #493
Dreamsdocometrue9112
"hang onto your hats and glasses 'cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!"

Such a great update! We've never done Flights of WonderIt's just always too hot when we are there to watch an outside show!!

Rumors that FOTLK ending?!?! O.M.G. I would cry. It's such a wonderful and popular show!!! I sure hope it's not true!!

Old 09-16-2012, 10:59 AM   #494
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

So happy to see an update Queen! I've been missing your TR!

I can't believe that you had to wait 2 hours for KS We've never waited either. I wonder what the heck was going on.

I'm glad that you enjoyed your lunch at Y&Y! We really liked our meals there last trip.

If you guys take Jeff to FoW, will you please post video?
Old 09-16-2012, 11:39 AM   #495
Pyrate_Pryncess
If I'm a redheaded ninja, does that make me a Gin-ja? I would like to think so!

Glad you did FoW.........I will NEVER do it!

I have a fear of birds that is horrible! Ever since I watched Hitchcocks "The Birds" when I was little! Between the biting beaks, the TALONS and the poop I am totally, not a bird person!

Click HERE to see a 2 minute version of where my fear came from!

And OH MY.................Your lunch made me drool!

2008-First trip, ASMU2011-Christmas time in the parks, POP2012-A break for the kids, POP

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: