Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-15-2012, 09:18 PM   #1
yummymummywales
Mouseketeer

We're here at last!!

Well at last we have arrived! Thought I would share some of my experiences so far and if anyone has any questions please ask away.

Travelled to Gatwick on Wednesday afternoon and took advantage of twilight check-in which was great. DH, myself and our 2 girls (age 8 & 5) stayed overnight in the Hilton attached to South Terminal which again was lovely. Had the evening buffet where the girls ate free and a few drinks in the bar after to start off celebrating the holiday!

Flew out on Thursday on the 1pm flight. We had booked the V-room and got there around 9.30am but were allowed in with no problem. I really like this lounge - the girls love the technology and games they can play with and I like the unlimited free food! While we were there, one of the reps helped us to price up some options for next year.....hmm where to go?!

Flight was on one of the usual planes, all went well though. IFE worked well, all on time too! Checked through immigration and went to pick up the car from Alamo where we given free range of the car lot! Got on our way to Sheraton Vistana LBV.

This is our first time staying here and I was a little worried until I saw our apartment. It's absolutely massive with a separate bedroom and bathroom for the girls and one for DH and me. We have a two-bed and the floor space is seriously massive! We are staying in Fountains and have a lovely pool just a stone's throw away. Managed to stay up until 9pm but then crashed in bed.

Woke up early on Friday, around 6am but was to be expected! We had CRT booked at 8am so it's not a bad day to be up early! Got to Magic Kingdom at 7.15 and were first car in the parking lot - a very eerie site! Had a lovely breakfast - there were lots more choice for adults than have appeared before. Our server was great and brought extra items with no problem when asked.

When we got out, the park was dead. We did so much in the first 2hrs t was unbelievable! We rode the first ride on Dumbo so no time to check-out the interactive area but we did like the new theming. Very excited to think that when we come next, it will all be finished! Rode Barnstormer 3 times without getting off and could have done more if we wanted! The park really was so quiet it was lovely. Left around 2.30 feeling like we had done around 3/4 of the park on our first visit. Managed to get DD2 on Space Mountain (she finally made the height restriction) but she didn't seem that keen when she got off!

Was raining as we left but after we got home and sorted out a few bits, the rain had subsided. Went to the pool for a few hours and then went for a quiet meal in the Olive Garden down the road. DH and I both had the chicken and shrimp carbonara - was really good. Popped to Downtown Disney on the way back or our first wonder and an ice cream! Was busy as usual but great to wonder around. Home around 9pm and put the girls straight to bed, although we weren't much later!

Been to Aquatica today but am shattered sitting here typing so will have to try again tomorrow night - didn't realise how long it takes to write these things! See you tomorrow!
yummymummywales is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: