Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2012, 11:24 PM   #916
MEK
DIS Veteran

I love how you really took part in all the great holiday activities in the World Showcase. I missed so many of the storytellers in December. The Kwaanza lady's dress in so beautiful.

Ugh - I get so annoyed by people who ask a million questions for no good reason. What's up with that?

Sorry you mom was not in the socializing mood.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:22 AM   #917
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I love how you really took part in all the great holiday activities in the World Showcase. I missed so many of the storytellers in December. The Kwaanza lady's dress in so beautiful.
I did alot of research and knew I what i wanted to get to. Plus I wanted different like it's fine going every so often and doing all the rides and parades and shows but I wanted something different and I think the holiday season provided that because there was so much more on to see and do.

Quote:
Ugh - I get so annoyed by people who ask a million questions for no good reason. What's up with that?
I just thought she was trying to force educate a couple of uninterested kids. I can imagine her walking away going now wasn't that great didn't you learn loads now you can tell everyone in school about what you learned today and the kids going when are we going on Test Track

Quote:
Sorry you mom was not in the socializing mood.
I think there was something wrong with her the last few days there. Maybe she was eager to get home but her mood seemed to drop off the last few days. My mood was dropping off because I knew someone was going to force me on a plane soon and i didn't want to leave
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-15-2012, 10:02 AM   #918
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Your Momma cracks me up..."quick look the other way"...too funny. I do have days like that too though, so I can understand.

Remind me not to go to Epcot the same day you do!
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 11:01 AM   #919
petals

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Your Momma cracks me up..."quick look the other way"...too funny. I do have days like that too though, so I can understand.
Yeah it was funny. Then when they came over going oh hi!!! Inside I was laughing my pants off!

Quote:
Remind me not to go to Epcot the same day you do!
Bring a raincoat if you do
Old 09-15-2012, 04:09 PM   #920
petals

Rain calls a halt to everything?!

Happy Saturday!

Day 14, part 6:

So when I left you we were in the American pavilion in Epcot and it had just started raining. The next story teller was in Norway and Kwanzaa had just gone in not telling her story because of the weather. Momma and I didnít know what to do. There was only two more story-tellers we wanted to see and I had hoped to see the Beast today because we missed him at the Christmas party. We also wanted to finish getting the kidcot stamps. Momma said she wanted to sit in out of the rain but didnít mind if I went to Norway just to see on the off chance if the story-teller would come out and also to get the kidcot stamp there. So I took a run to Norway:

Bad thingÖ no story-teller there either because of the rain:

I did get the kidcot stamp in the middle of a load of trolls:

So then I ran back to the American Pavilion to pick up Momma and change into the warmer clothes. The one good thing was I noticed that in America everyone hides from the rain. The pathways were almost 97% clear. In Ireland it rains most of the time so I was kind of wondering why everyone was trying to stay dry it was quicker to get around if you got wet lol! Anyways we headed towards France to see if the Beast would come out for his scheduled meet. I took pics along the way:

It was still raining pretty heavy so we figured there was no point in waiting for the Beast so we headed towards England.

We ducked into the shop to get our kidcot stamp. First I was wondering why do they have Guinness Products in the English shop? Guinness is Irish; itís brewed in Dublin, IRELANDís capital city and nothing to do with England so why are they selling Irish products there when they donít have an Irish PavilionÖ I think they should build an Irish Pavilion it would be great but Iím not so sure about the English Pavilion selling Irish products:

Queen bear:

We wandered into the back to get our kidcot stamp and standing all alone in the back was:

So I dropped bag grabbed camera and went straight up for pics!
After we got the kidcot stamp we went out to see if Father Christmas would come out to tell his story. It had stopped raining. It was getting very cold though.

We waited for a few mins and then Father Christmas came along. Momma had a poncho on and you all know how trendy looking they are, well Father Christmas went up to her on the bench and was like Hello, Itís been a while since Iíve seen you isnít it. I like your poncho I could do with borrowing it for Christmas Eve. It was kinda cool. He then went over to his stand and started his story:

He had this little bell as well that he gave to one of the kids. I wanted it! lol
We took our time heading to Canada after that for our last kidcot stamp. I went to the pin station and bought Momma a best mom pin for running around after me for the last two weeks. She went up to a snack stand to get some tea for herself and me a drink. I took pics of the yummies:

We went to Canada there wandering into the shop looking for Kidcot station:

We eventually found the kidcot station. Itís kind of confusing in Canada. The Kidcot isnít in the shop itís kind of down a path near LeCellier in a cave type thing. After that we needed to decide what to do next. The plan was to take a look at wait time at character spot and if it wasnít long visit characters then leave the park however there was still one story-teller we hadnít seen and I was so disappointed because Iíd seen all but one. I didnít want to leave because I never know when Iíll get back and when Iíll get another chance to see the story-tellers but is it worth going all the way over in the cold and wet from Canada to Norway when the story-teller might not even come out.

Next up: Will we see all the story-tellers?
Old 09-15-2012, 05:19 PM   #921
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Were those pastries at the Canadian pavillion or in front of the old Millenium Village? They look yummy! Too bad you didn't get to hear the story about the gnome. I love the costuming for Father Christmas!!

You just really didn't have weather cooperating with you that day!
lovethattink is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:59 AM   #923
amandaw
DIS Veteran

I hope you were able to get to see the last storyteller.

Yay! for meeting Alice!

That was nice of you to buy that pin for your mom.
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 12:42 PM   #924
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

I've heard that the storytellers are awesome to see, but I do think that my Kadence would probably be bored with the ones she wasn't familiar with.

I can be anti-social too, but usually it's at the grocery store and I can duck into a different aisle! Poor Momma!

How was she when Father Christmas plunked down next to her!

I found some of the Kidcot stations hard to find too! We had to ask, and still was confused in Canada!

That picture of the totem poles like like it was snowing! Which wouldn't be that crazy if you were really in Canada.
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 01:49 PM   #925
petals

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Were those pastries at the Canadian pavillion or in front of the old Millenium Village? They look yummy!
If that's what the area between England and Canada is called yes.. There was a pin station and a snack station right beside each other in between the two pavillions

Quote:
Too bad you didn't get to hear the story about the gnome. I love the costuming for Father Christmas!!
I think I liked the UK's costume the best.. You'll have to wait and see if we saw the last story-teller

Quote:
You just really didn't have weather cooperating with you that day!
We didn't have the weather cooperating with us any day that we were in Epcot.

Quote:
That is so cool what Father Christmas did.
Yeah it was brill although I still wanted his bell.. I can't remember the story behind that but he gave it to a child. That's not the first time Momma's had that happen with Santa. We went to Lapland a few yaers back there and my nephew gave us his Santa letter to deliver and when we went in Santa was like oh it's been a while since you've visited me to Momma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
I hope you were able to get to see the last storyteller.
You'll have to wait and see to

Quote:
Yay! for meeting Alice!
Yeah that was a little random. She was literally standing there on her own and the shop was crowded but nobody seemed to notice her. That happens us all the time in there though because I went to see Pooh and Tigger there one year and again they were just standing there on their own. Seems a good spot to meet characters minus a long queue.

Quote:
That was nice of you to buy that pin for your mom.
I always try get her something small as a thank you for running around after me while I tend to my inner 5 year olds needs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
I've heard that the storytellers are awesome to see, but I do think that my Kadence would probably be bored with the ones she wasn't familiar with.
I think there's definately some she'd like more than others prob UK because he gives a child a bell and she may or may not be lucky enough to be picked. France and Canada prob because they look more like Santa. It's a good way to disguise education though while you're on holidays... you will learn!

Quote:
I can be anti-social too, but usually it's at the grocery store and I can duck into a different aisle! Poor Momma!
Oh I'm usually always anti-social unless it has somethine to do with disney, dancing or music I just thought it was funny that they forced her into being socialable when she'd just said it

Quote:
How was she when Father Christmas plunked down next to her!
Oh she laughed at that. Maybe it's because he brings presents.

Quote:
I found some of the Kidcot stations hard to find too! We had to ask, and still was confused in Canada!
Yeah I wasn't quite sure I was going the right way. We had asked in the gift shop it's a little strange where it is.

Quote:
That picture of the totem poles like like it was snowing! Which wouldn't be that crazy if you were really in Canada.
I never thought of that before. It's actually the rain reflecting from a light that was near them but it does look like snow.
Old 09-19-2012, 08:10 PM   #926
petals

48 days to Paris.. I can't keep up.

My legs hurt.. I'm gone dance mad.. One thing I learnt in my anxious state last year that when I go to dancing I'm happy and not stressed. When I don't I get wound up and likely to scream at someone easily.. Moral go to dancing. plus the whole get fit and possibly lose weight when you exercise thing helps to. I do or did Irish dancing anyway so that start last week. I'm happy but then I was looking at the dance timetable and they do beginners ballet I went there when I was little but I stopped after a year because it got to hard (what I was six or something) so went to ballet Tuesday. Had Irish dance tonight and now I'm owing lots and I plan to add at least one Zumba class into this dance/fitness thing as well... I wonder how long Ballet and Zumba will last

Anyways all that is the reason why I haven't done another update yet but hopefully I'll get one done either tomorrow or Friday.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:28 PM   #927
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
Happy Saturday!

[/COLOR][/SIZE]
How authentic - it looks like its snowing in Canada!

Love Father Christmas. Great outfit.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:59 AM   #928
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Good for you for getting back into dancing!

I sometimes do Zumba at home....I think it's fun.
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:17 PM   #929
petals

Quote:
How authentic - it looks like its snowing in Canada!
I hadn't noticed it until someone said it here. It was actually the rain reflecting off nearby lights but it does look like snow

Quote:
Love Father Christmas. Great outfit.
His outfit was my favourite.

Quote:
Good for you for getting back into dancing!
Thanks. I love my Irish dancing. It destresses me.

Quote:
I sometimes do Zumba at home....I think it's fun.
I'm not going to Zumba til next week now. My friend has her own dance studio and teaches it, it's fun. I didn't get there this week because of work ex but I'll add it in next week.

Last edited by petals; 09-20-2012 at 05:51 PM.
Old 09-21-2012, 04:30 PM   #930
petals

Will we see all the story-tellers?

Day 14, part 7:
So when I left you we were in Canada and trying to decide whether or not to try see the last Story-teller. I was disappointed that we could possibly miss one after seeing all the others so we decided to chance it and headed towards Norway. We got to Norway a little early for the Story-teller so we decided to go into the little bakery there to check out the yummies:

I decided because Kristen of the frumps is always talking about how wonderful School Bread is in her trip reports that I would try some of this School Bread stuff:

I thought it was ok. Momma gagged on it oopsies! She didn’t like the coconut. We went outside then to wait for the Story-teller and guess what it had stopped raining. It was very cold but at least it had stopped raining:

Pretty soon Julenissen and Sigrid the Norwegian story tellers came out. This was probably the funniest story. Julenissen is like a mischievous elf and he makes people do funny things basically and he kept kind of freezing Sigrid and then might turn her around or something so when he snapped her out of the freeze she would be really confused. I don’t know if that makes sense. Have some pictures:

Julenissen was also picking on people in the crowd. He got one boy up on stage and was making him ring a bell. He came over to me and asked me to give him some goodies. I only had the camera so he scowled and told me next time an elf comes knocking to have porridge ready for him. Right so!
After I finally finished seeing all the story-tellers we decided to head out of the park. We spotted this little dude on the way out:

Goodbye pretty giant Christmas tree:

Of course on our way out we passed by Character Spot on the way out and with only a ten minute wait I had to run in to visit the Fab 5 one last time:

Photopass pic:

Why does Minnie never seem to do much else but pose? She’s not really as much fun as the likes of Goofy:

My pic of Pluto:

Momma in the meantime had been sitting outside trying to have a snooze on a bench except people kept going up to her to see if she was ok. Once I was finished we prepared to say our farewells to Epcot. I spotted these on the ground which I thought were cool looking. It’s kind of funny now though because I was listening to a podcast recently that described these as one of the hidden treasures of Epcot because not many people realise they are there:

After that we said our goodbyes to Epcot and I at least promised to visit it again someday:

Bye bye hedge Stitch:

Next up: A poly cold beach!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: