Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2012, 05:56 PM   #31
Geeky
Earning My Ears

Butting in!

Ive always wanted to photograph a wedding in Disney! How did those that book outside find their photographers?
Old 09-13-2012, 09:24 PM   #32
Queenie122
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamberlane View Post
I think my issue is that I am having an escape wedding, meaning it will be over in an hour or two, tops. I would like an outside photographer, but they charge you for packages that include the wedding prep and assume you will be need 6-8 hours of photography, when in reality I will need 1-2 hours. I wish there were options for this or that Disney offered "approved" outside vendors or something so you could choose.

It just seems pretty steep to be dropping $1000 or more for an hour's worth of photography. I don't know what to do! But then again I was going to go with the $500 extra package anyway, so then it's only a $500 difference...too much to think about!
I just contacted Vicki Arndt and explained that I was planning on having an Escape wedding next August and that my budget was tight and I wasn't sure I could afford the expense of the "extra" photography but that I loved their style and was wondering about the cost. She said that they are currently restructuring their prices to include "Escape" packages and they should have it done in the next few weeks. So if you were interested you could either email them or I'll let you know when I hear back!
Queenie122 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-14-2012, 10:01 AM   #33
sue
love my DVC

My son in law used to work for Disney in 2009 as a college intern and as a photographer at Disney. He and my daughter got married at the WP and Grand Floridian ballroom last November. He has his own photography business and does travel for destination weddings. Having worked for Disney he would have no problem signing their contract and would know all the great ideas for photos. He is located in Indianapolis and gives fantastic deals. He has done lots of weddings. If you would like his contact information, just send me a private message and I can certainly supply you with his information.
Disney' Big Red Boat 3/92 Contemporary 3/92, Poly Resort 12/ 01, Disney Wonder 12/01, Disney Magic 11/05, SSR and OKW 10/06, SSR 08/07 Hawaii Mauni Lani Resort 08/08, Pop Century 2009, OKW 2009, DVC member only cruise Disney Wonder 2009, DVC trade to Kauai Wyndham Shearwater 01/10, All star music resort 08/11, SSR treehouse villas and OKW 11/11, Pop Century 11/12, Disney Fantasy Western 11/12, Bay Lake and Disney Fantasy Eastern 10/14
sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:42 AM   #34
gamberlane
Earning My Ears

Thanks, everyone!
I ended up contacting a few photographers and was surprised how reasonable Regina Hyman's rates were considering A) how highly recommended she came on these boards, and B)that on TheKnot that she was listed in a higher price range.

But since my fiance and I are content with a totally digital package and can print our own books/prints later, we got a very good deal from her and will be booking with her. She also is great about customizing packages to fit your needs. So we're getting all the coverage Disney provides (namely, wedding, cake cutting, etc) and paying a little extra for some extra family portraits after the wedding and it's still almost half the price of the Cinderella add-on would have been. She offers all the copyrights which was the most important thing to us. The fact that she used to work for Disney photography and knows the process in and out is also a plus. She's given me really helpful info even before my wedding coordinator could get back to me!

I also got a very good quote from Thirteen Moon Photography which was our stand-by if Regina's price wasn't in our budget!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: