Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2012, 08:22 AM   #1
RoseBug
I'm a Geordie, we don't own coats and go out in the snow barefoot!

Oh well, looks like we definitely won't be sneaking a cheeky trip in next year!

Just heard that Easyjet have cancelled the Newcastle-Paris route in favour of Newcastle-Amsterdam!

Our flilghts usually cost us max £260 for the 3 of us, now the only option is Airfrance and that is usually around £450!

Gutted as we were hoping to book a cheap weekend for Rosebug's birthday! Couldn't justify it now!

I'm so shocked that they've done this - the Paris flights were always full! I guess they reckon more Geordie's want to get stoned than meet Mickey!
Disneyland California July 1998 *Day trip* Disneyland Paris August 2004 *Kyriad* Disneyland Paris February 2007 *Day Trip whilst visiting Paris*Disneyland Paris June 2009 *New York* Disneyland Paris February 2012 *Cheyenne* Disneyland Paris August 2012 *Newport Bay Hotel Admirals Floor* Disneyland Paris February 2014 *The Disneyland Hotel*
RoseBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:30 AM   #2
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

thats a shame, do you have any other airports within a couple of hours drive which you could do the journey to CDG from with a budget airline? Our local airport stopped doing regular reasonable CDG flights a couple of years ago, so since then we've driven down to Luton (just over an hour and a half usually) and flown from there to CDG.
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun
DLPdaft is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-15-2012, 08:59 AM   #3
micksn
Mouseketeer

We've managed to book October half term as they extended for that week! Had hoped they might resume in the Summer, but maybe that's just wishful thinking!
Feb 2005 - Santa Fe, Feb 2007 - Sequoia Lodge, Aug 2007 - New Port Bay, Aug 2008 - Animal Kingdom Lodge, Feb 2009 - Sequoia Lodge, Aug 2009 - Port Orleans Riverside, Feb 2010 - Hotel New York, Nov 2010 - Cheyenne, Oct 2011 - Santa Fe, Aug 2012 - Old Key West Oct 2012 - Hotel New York Feb 2013 - Cheyenne Aug 2013 - Sequoia Lodge

micksn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 09:09 AM   #4
RoseBug

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLPdaft View Post
thats a shame, do you have any other airports within a couple of hours drive which you could do the journey to CDG from with a budget airline? Our local airport stopped doing regular reasonable CDG flights a couple of years ago, so since then we've driven down to Luton (just over an hour and a half usually) and flown from there to CDG.
Haven't checked yet, but tbh, it still won't work as we were only planning on a weekend, leaving after school on Friday again!

Disneyland California July 1998 *Day trip* Disneyland Paris August 2004 *Kyriad* Disneyland Paris February 2007 *Day Trip whilst visiting Paris*Disneyland Paris June 2009 *New York* Disneyland Paris February 2012 *Cheyenne* Disneyland Paris August 2012 *Newport Bay Hotel Admirals Floor* Disneyland Paris February 2014 *The Disneyland Hotel*
Old 09-15-2012, 09:10 AM   #5
RoseBug

Quote:
Originally Posted by micksn View Post
We've managed to book October half term as they extended for that week! Had hoped they might resume in the Summer, but maybe that's just wishful thinking!
I just don't see the point of replacing such a busy route?! Wonder what their reasoning is?!
Old 09-15-2012, 09:15 AM   #6
RoseBug

Oh well, guess we'll focus on saving and planning for WDW in 2014 now instead (decided California can wait til she is a bit older as it is that bit further and would involve more sightseeing!) And found out yesterday that my mam has started to save already so she can come with us! YAY! We'll pay for the villa and she just needs flight and tickets/spends money! She's never been to Disney and is Disney mad! So very excited!

But that means I'm going to have to stop posting on here - which forum do I head to for WDW planning?
Old 09-15-2012, 09:16 AM   #7
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

Maybe their airport leasing fees (NCL and CDG) have increased by too much for it to be viable plus there are less taxes leaving from AMS than a UK or French airport for a short flight so they can save money that way ... shame for you though and for me as it only leaves me Jet2 and LBA now

Vive la différence
Carrie_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 09:27 AM   #8
RoseBug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie_Cat View Post
Maybe their airport leasing fees (NCL and CDG) have increased by too much for it to be viable plus there are less taxes leaving from AMS than a UK or French airport for a short flight so they can save money that way ... shame for you though and for me as it only leaves me Jet2 and LBA now
It's just such a shame that all those families in the North East who don't have much money, can't now do DLP at a reasonable price, it will take it out of affordable range for many families I think! We don't have the eurostar options etc. so very limited now!

If we did decide to go, it just makes it that little bit too expensive for a weekend away now!

:-(
Old 09-15-2012, 09:37 AM   #9
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

I used to be able to go into Durham-Tees Valley (or whatever it's called now) with Flybe and that went. Used to be BMI Baby as well from the North East

Now I'm left with Jet2 or go into MAN and come across the Pennines with the train.

You ever though about driving and taking the ferry at Hull ? That could be cheaper and easier than the train.

Obviously it would be tight for a weekend but could work if it was a bit longer stay

Vive la différence
Carrie_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:51 AM   #10
micksn
Mouseketeer

I would recommend Old Key West for a fab villa in WDW, we stayed in a studio and loved it and we had free dining! Head to UK planning or them parks and attractions. Although we don't do WDW that often - too expensive! I can't go long without DLP and like you have always used easyjet. It's not long ago that they had 2 flights a day from Newcastle, not sure what we'll do next time!
Feb 2005 - Santa Fe, Feb 2007 - Sequoia Lodge, Aug 2007 - New Port Bay, Aug 2008 - Animal Kingdom Lodge, Feb 2009 - Sequoia Lodge, Aug 2009 - Port Orleans Riverside, Feb 2010 - Hotel New York, Nov 2010 - Cheyenne, Oct 2011 - Santa Fe, Aug 2012 - Old Key West Oct 2012 - Hotel New York Feb 2013 - Cheyenne Aug 2013 - Sequoia Lodge

micksn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 11:49 AM   #11
DLPDreams
I am like a child in a sweet shop, all hyper on sugar

It is a real shame and does make a weekend rather expensive doesn't it! The flights with AF (or Flybe which are often cheaper) are not so bad if you are going for a longer stay but for 2 nights/a weekend, it really doesn't make it worthwhile sadly.

We are flying with AF for our Christmas trip - probably a good job as not sure what would have happened if we'd booked EJ!?

Good luck with your WDW planning - it seems a minefield as there is just so much to do especially if you start thinking about all the other non Disney attractions/resorts (we might go for longer than 2 weeks for that reason). I keep talking myself into going earlier than 2015 (as do the girls!) but I honestly don't think it will be beneficial to us with DD2 before that, so I'm trying to remain steadfast. I think that will be our next Disney fix though so it's a long time away! I'll have to get some tips when you return !

DLPDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 01:25 PM   #12
RoseBug

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLPDreams View Post
It is a real shame and does make a weekend rather expensive doesn't it! The flights with AF (or Flybe which are often cheaper) are not so bad if you are going for a longer stay but for 2 nights/a weekend, it really doesn't make it worthwhile sadly.

We are flying with AF for our Christmas trip - probably a good job as not sure what would have happened if we'd booked EJ!?

Good luck with your WDW planning - it seems a minefield as there is just so much to do especially if you start thinking about all the other non Disney attractions/resorts (we might go for longer than 2 weeks for that reason). I keep talking myself into going earlier than 2015 (as do the girls!) but I honestly don't think it will be beneficial to us with DD2 before that, so I'm trying to remain steadfast. I think that will be our next Disney fix though so it's a long time away! I'll have to get some tips when you return !
We are looking at doing 3 weeks at WDW in 2014. Rosebug will be 5 then, which I think is perfect for her to still really believe in the magic, plus she is Dr Seuss obsessed so that's an added reason to go sooner rather than later, and it's only a 9 hour direct flight which shouldn't be too bad. It is the flights that cost the most, so it won't add much more on to go for an extra week.

We'll then do Cali/Chicago/Mn in 2016 I think.
Old 09-15-2012, 01:30 PM   #13
DLPDreams
I am like a child in a sweet shop, all hyper on sugar

Sounds magical ! She will love it - DD1 loved Dr Seuss stuff, DD2 not so bothered by it (funny how they are all different). We would like to do the Harry Potter/Universal bits which I know we will be better waiting for.

The thing is, once you've done it once, I fear you want to go back and back, but short of a lottery win there is no way that will happen for us .

DLPDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 01:35 PM   #14
wmoon
Mouseketeer

That's a shame. Always worth while keeping an eye on the air France flights, sometimes their prices surprise you and on one of our trips they were just as cheap as easy jet..

Enjoy your planning for wdw, that will be great!
Old 09-15-2012, 02:07 PM   #15
tinks_1989
need a like button

Sorry to hear that! Easyjet used to fly twice a weekday from our local airport which was great could go out early come home late now they just have the late flight makes going out not so great not arriving in CDG till 9pm

Saving the £££'s for WDW doesnt sound so bad though
tinks_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: