Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Is the decision to allow beer and wine at BoG for dinner a good one?
Yes. But it should be limited to BoG at dinner with strict per person limits. 27 15.25%
Yes. And they should expand to all TS restaurants during dinner with the same restrictions. 53 29.94%
Yes. And they should make alcohol as available in the MK as it is in DHS and AK, but not Epcot. 43 24.29%
No. It isn't what Walt wanted, and isn't traditional. 34 19.21%
No. Regardless What Walt wanted, allowing this will lead to acohol being all over the park. 20 11.30%
Voters: 177. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 07:02 AM   #46
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by baylie666 View Post
Just stating to start with that this is MY OPINION. I am not saying anyone else should feel like this.

I think ALL Disney parks should remain Alcohol free. I understand DTD has pubs etc so if you are desperate enough for a drink then go there!
I get very nervous and uncomfotable around people who are drunk. And the last thing I want to see after a meal or a day out is someone throwing up or stumbling around uncontrolably.

I have had some bad experiences and would hate to have them repeated at a place I should feel comfort and enjoyment in. It would completely ruin my overall view of the place. And I'm not saying Disney are responsible for the drunk people, and I wouldn't look down on Disney because of it. I just know I would not feel as at ease there as I had before.

I would like to think that Disney could trust the people to manage their own alcohol intake but as we know, this world is full of idiots who don't know when to stop. I have no problem with people having a glass of wine or two with their meals (which is what I believe is intended in BOG) but that isn't how I see it happening if Alcohol is made Disney World wide.

Sorry it ia a bit jumbled but alcohol is one of those issues that really irks me.

Extra info: I also usually travel with someone who has social anxiety disorder, and drunk people make her very very anxious to the point of having a panic attack due to the fact that they are so unpredictable. Not sure why I decided to add this but it is what it is.
Please know that I am not trying to make light of your plight at all. However, we can't all expect everyone else to make accommodations for what upsets us. I could say I am highly afraid of dogs and some people don't keep them under control, therefore dogs should be banned. I'm not, but that is just my example. Our fears shouldn't dictate what others are allowed to do.

We can't and shouldn't ban something because a fraction of the people who use it misuse it. You would have to ban pretty much everything! Cars (some people drive recklessly and cause accidents) pets (some people let their pets run loose and attack people) cell phones (some people don't pay attention to anything else and have accidents).

Ban everything that someone finds upsetting and you are left with nothing.
Old 09-15-2012, 07:26 AM   #47
xoprincessmomxo
Making Papa Nick stew...

It doesn't bother me any way they choose to do it. The bottom line is, if they can make money from it, they will probably do it at some point. As much as we would love to think that they are keeping up with Walt's ideas, Epcot pretty much proved that they could give a Mickey's behind what his wishes or intentions were.

As a guest, it would be nice if they would serve drinks at MK. Does it kill me or anyone else if they don't? Of course not, but it is more likely that some people will eat outside of the MK for a relaxing dinner with a drink. We do that, as we like to enjoy a drink and leisurely meal, something you can't do at MK with it's lackluster selection of dining establishments. Does that make me riff raff or a drunk? I certainly hope not!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-15-2012, 07:37 AM   #48
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

It's not that I'm against alcohol, I just don't feel it has a place at MK. Surely there should be one place left that doesn't sell alcohol. If someone need alcohol to enjoy themselves, there is a serious problem. You can have a wonderful meal and beer and wine is NOT essential.If you can't survive a day without alcohol.....

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Old 09-15-2012, 07:40 AM   #49
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Princess83 View Post
It's not that I'm against alcohol, I just don't feel it has a place at MK. Surely there should be one place left that doesn't sell alcohol. If someone need alcohol to enjoy themselves, there is a serious problem. You can have a wonderful meal and beer and wine is NOT essential.If you can't survive a day without alcohol.....

I don't think any said they couldn't go without it but rather it can be a nice to have with a meal.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

Old 09-15-2012, 07:41 AM   #50
davedmaine
DIS Veteran

I know everyone is running around saying Walt would be horrified at this development, but can anyone actually determine where/when he said that? I doubt he ever did. Also, Walt was a heavy smoker; he'd probably be annoyed that there are only a couple of smoking areas in the MK.. Just saying..
Old 09-15-2012, 07:45 AM   #51
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
I don't think any said they couldn't go without it but rather it can be a nice to have with a meal.
But it's not a necessity. You're at a theme park, possibly with your family. Why do people feel the need to drink alcohol.

I don't understand this push society has with alcohol. I don't care about "Walts Dream" for MK but I DO care about alcohol in the parks. Since it's the only place at MK that serves alcohol, it will make me think twice before I book BOG. Anyone who wants to drink will head here for a meal.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Old 09-15-2012, 07:53 AM   #52
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
But it's not a necessity. You're at a theme park, possibly with your family. Why do people feel the need to drink alcohol.

I don't understand this push society has with alcohol. I don't care about "Walts Dream" for MK but I DO care about alcohol in the parks. Since it's the only place at MK that serves alcohol, it will make me think twice before I book BOG. Anyone who wants to drink will head here for a meal.

I don't have a "need" but rather enjoy a beer or wine, depending on the meal, with my dinner. I have had a drink with my meal at O'hana and Whispering Canyon before coming to MK; I fail to see the difference or how this would impact the enjoyment of anyone in the park. This isn't creating a situation where people are strolling around with drinks in their hands nor will it cause a great number of people to get drunk. There is a two drink limit and a limited number of seats in the restaurant.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

Old 09-15-2012, 07:58 AM   #53
Magpie
I guess there's not much else to do in the jar
Mean people - they don't matter

Quote:

There are many, many things in the parks that aren't "necessities". Turkey legs aren't necessary. Mickey pops aren't necessary. Dole whips aren't necessary. They're all just nice.

Someone somewhere looked at the menu for BOG and said, "You know what would be NICE? A glass of wine to go with this meal. It will make it more authentically French. After all, no one from this region of France would ever eat dinner without an alcoholic drink along side."

And, by the way, that's true even for the children in France. When my teenager (then 14) was in Paris she had to keep fending off waiters who were determinedly trying to serve her wine with her dinner.

Will the people who want to drink go to BOG? Maybe, but they'll be disappointed when all they get is an opportunity to pay a hideously inflated price for two drinks, and then they're cut off. They won't be allowed to take their drink out of the restaurant, either.

Will anyone get drunk at the BOG? No. They'll have to take the monorail to one of the resorts for that privilege.

But please... don't EVER book an ADR at BOG. It'll increase my chances of getting one some day. (And for the record - I'm a teetotaler. )
Old 09-15-2012, 08:08 AM   #54
Tricia1972
I love late night snacks
Libra who loves peace and harmony

DISboards Moderator

Closing this as there is already an ongoing (long) discussion as to what Walt wants on the board.

The Restaurant Board is in the trip planning section of the DIS. This thread does not assist in planning a trip to Disney. We are leaving the other discussion open for now and invite you to share your opinions there.

A poll such as this would fit well in a community forum.

Thanks for your understanding!
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: