Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2012, 08:51 AM   #706
FortWildernessLoopy
WDW Vet since birth

Hello

we're AP holders and are headed over to the MK tomorrow. I don't think we'll go by any of the resorts or even other parks for that matter (which is what I always say then I drag hubby on the Disney Death march to all 4 parks no matter HOW many times he reminds me we can go every day). I'll be stopping by Main Street Bakery for sure and I'll take pics of their Halloween selection that's out during the day(no MNSSHP).

re: taste, I will say that the S'more cupcake at Wilderness Lodge was perfect for when I had it, but I think the cupcake should have been chocolate with just a hint of graham instead of the other way around. The cupcake from Karamel Kuche was perfection! From recent pics, it looks like they dialed the amount of frosting WAY down, which is a shame because it wasn't too sweet, had a great texture and was absolutely delicious...the caramel on top was to die for.
Old 09-14-2012, 09:18 AM   #707
PoohsFan1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilivetogo View Post
The chocolate one cut open. I don't have photos of the other 2 cut open because they were going to be brought back to friends. Sorry.

DSCN9369 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr
Oh my dear Lord . I am really kicking myself now for not stopping at Roaring Forks and getting me one of these cupcakes after our dinner there last week. When you are too full to move, you don't want to even think of something like this. Now I wish I bought one and took it back to our room for later. Live and learn for the next trip.

PoohsFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-15-2012, 07:55 AM   #708
Denine
I want to go on a cruise! I want to move to sunny Florida!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzlekins View Post
Awesome! Now I'm excited!!
I should add that the cupcakes you get after a meal if you are celebrating something are not worth the calories. Enjoy!
Disney Magic 10-01 Disney Magic 10-14-06 Disney Magic 10-16-10
Disney Magic 10-12-02 Disney Magic 10-13-07Disney Wonder 10-16-11
Disney Magic 10-19-02 Disney Magic 10-11-08Disney Magic 5-9-12
Denine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:12 AM   #709
Marblies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denine View Post
I should add that the cupcakes you get after a meal if you are celebrating something are not worth the calories. Enjoy!
True that! It has to look really special to taste special and those are just meh cupcakes like you get at a kid's birthday party.

2008 A**Cheer, 2008 ASM Girl's trip, 2009 ASM with DH too, 2010 POP Girl's Christmas trip, 2011 POP Just Girls, 2012 AoA Last girl's only trip EVER? (DD22 is getting married and doesn't think she can leave her hubby at home like I do), Feb.2013 POP to SS to AoA Crashing the Disneymoon with the inlaws! Sept. 2013 POP Girl's trip
Marblies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 03:20 PM   #710
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgcook View Post
My absolute favorite is from the Contemporay Resort:

Dos Leches Cupcake – Vanilla Sponge cake Infused with Caramel and Iced with Caramel Butter Crème and rolled in Chocolate Shavings.

Yummmmmmy!!

DROOL!
I don't think they make this anymore. I asked for it specifically in June, and the woman called over someone who was I guess the cupcake guy, and he said he knew nothing about it. I told him I just had it in April, and he said he wasn't there back in April. I was very disappointed. That was the BEST CUPCAKE EVER. the PB Chocolate one they have now instead is good, but not the same.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
psac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 04:38 PM   #711
TheRatPack
Under penalty of law this tag not to be removed except by the tagfairy!

My goodness that caramel chocolate one looks divine! I can not wait to try some of these in October.

TheRatPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 05:24 PM   #712
bbnursie
Mouseketeer

Anyone know if there are pumpkin cupcakes for Halloween and if so does anyone have a picture? Oh and you had one tell me what you thought of it.
Jan 2013-POR Jan 2014 AKL/VWL
bbnursie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 07:46 PM   #713
maddhatir
Disney lovin' Harley gal....or is that Harley lovin' Disney gal??? ...and a huge HOWARD fan!
Pirate lovin', freebie posting, Susan Lucci wannabe of the Tag World

DSCN9452 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

......Me and DH

Last edited by maddhatir; 09-15-2012 at 07:54 PM.
maddhatir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 07:53 PM   #714
plumedeb
Earning My Ears

Now that the fall season is in full swing in the Magic Kingdom, just wondering if there are any special cupcakes and/or desserts that are specific to fall or Halloween for this year?
plumedeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:22 PM   #715
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

Here is the twitter link to those fab cupcakes

https://mobile.twitter.com/#!/hiddenMickeyguy
Old 09-16-2012, 09:25 PM   #716
fuzzlekins
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denine View Post
That's the truth! Couldn't believe the cupcake at CRT - couldn't be more average! Totally not worth the calories. Guess they figure kids aren't connoisseurs.
1/31-2/9/14
fuzzlekins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 06:07 PM   #717
TheRatPack

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumedeb View Post
Now that the fall season is in full swing in the Magic Kingdom, just wondering if there are any special cupcakes and/or desserts that are specific to fall or Halloween for this year?
I hope someone post pictures soon......we'll be headed to Disney soon and we love the fall/Halloween cupcakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzlekins View Post
That's the truth! Couldn't believe the cupcake at CRT - couldn't be more average! Totally not worth the calories. Guess they figure kids aren't connoisseurs.
Thanks for letting me know....my oldest dd will be with us and we'll be celebrating her birthday, we'll be sure to treat ourselves to decent cupcakes LOL

Old 09-28-2012, 01:23 PM   #718
dreamcruiser
Mouseketeer

Re: someone's query about fall/Halloween cupcakes offered at Main St. Bakery..we were there last week, and I specifically looked there, ready to purchase, but was not impressed. Maybe it was too early? What I saw was the generic frosted vanilla cupcakes, but nothing decorated nicely like a couple of the photos I saw on here (the cupcake on top of the witch, whose legs with shoes on like the wicked witch of the west stuck out from under the cupcake!) I didn't see. I did find a nice assortment of cupcakes (just not prettily decorated) at all the monorail resorts. Only problem, my stomach was not big enough to try them all~
dreamcruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 06:50 AM   #719
TheRatPack

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamcruiser View Post
Re: someone's query about fall/Halloween cupcakes offered at Main St. Bakery..we were there last week, and I specifically looked there, ready to purchase, but was not impressed. Maybe it was too early? What I saw was the generic frosted vanilla cupcakes, but nothing decorated nicely like a couple of the photos I saw on here (the cupcake on top of the witch, whose legs with shoes on like the wicked witch of the west stuck out from under the cupcake!) I didn't see. I did find a nice assortment of cupcakes (just not prettily decorated) at all the monorail resorts. Only problem, my stomach was not big enough to try them all~
Awww, I hate to hear that they don't have any out yet. The first MNSSHP has already happened so you'd think they would have their fall/Halloween cupcakes out. Maybe they are waiting until October 1st?

Old 10-01-2012, 10:13 AM   #720
ckmiles
Mouseketeer

There is a hilarious video on youtube called - how to eat a cupcake, like a gentleman-

If you have ever wondered (like me) how to properly eat a cupcake without getting the frosting up your nose when you take a bite -this video answers the question!

I plan to use this technique multiple times next week!
ckmiles is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: