Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2012, 02:20 PM   #1
sarehm
Boston Terriers Rule!

Question HHN 1st Timer Need Advice!

We're going Sep. 30th and that night only. Bought a Rush of Fear pass. I need advice on the basics of it all. Like what time should we get to the park that night? Are the houses set up all throughout the park or just one area? Is there a better place to start than other? What the heck is the Bill & Ted show? Since we only have the 1 night I want to make the most of our time and I'm hoping that by going on a Sunday the crowds won't be too bad. I'm just totally clueless as to how to plan for something like this! Any advice for a HHN newbie would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!!
Old 09-14-2012, 04:10 PM   #2
Marquibiri
HHN Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarehm View Post
We're going Sep. 30th and that night only. Bought a Rush of Fear pass. I need advice on the basics of it all. Like what time should we get to the park that night? Are the houses set up all throughout the park or just one area? Is there a better place to start than other? What the heck is the Bill & Ted show? Since we only have the 1 night I want to make the most of our time and I'm hoping that by going on a Sunday the crowds won't be too bad. I'm just totally clueless as to how to plan for something like this! Any advice for a HHN newbie would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!!
Hello!
This is my fifth year attending HHN. Every year I usually make it for two nights, this year I will be there for three (Sept. 28-30th).

Will you be doing the park during the day? If you are, then you can do the stay and scream (a chordoned off area by the blues brothers alley and includes Finnegan's to grab some drinks and food before the event. If you ARE visiting the park during the day, head for this area by 4ish. The best thing is that you will get a head start on the houses before the general crowd (about 6pm).

The sound stage houses open first, usually two of them being open. The other two houses near the Woody Woodpecker Zone will be open as well for the AP guests. The third soundstage house opens at about 6:15 pm. The rest of the houses at 6:30 pm.

Bill and Ted is a great comedy show in which two cool dudes joke about the most influential individuals in pop culture and entertainment (tv, news, etc). I usually go for the last show (after I've done and redone the houses and to rest my feet).

If you are only doing HHN, gates open at 6:30 pm but you should try to be in line by 5! Metal detectors and line get very long to enter HHN.

Cheers!

Marquibiri

Marquibiri is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-14-2012, 04:14 PM   #3
sarehm
Boston Terriers Rule!

We are not doing the US park that day, just coming in for HHN. I'm sure we won't get to do it all but for a first timer I'm excited! What is the Bill and Ted show and is it worth seeing?
Old 09-14-2012, 04:36 PM   #4
Marquibiri
HHN Addict!

Quote:
We are not doing the US park that day, just coming in for HHN. I'm sure we won't get to do it all but for a first timer I'm excited! What is the Bill and Ted show and is it worth seeing?

See my comment above in my first response about Bill and Ted.

I've seen it every year.. The first couple of times it seemed better.

If you are into pop culture and have followed and watched the latest and most talked about movies and events in the USA, you will enjoy the show. If not, you can skip this.

Cheers!

Marquibiri

Marquibiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 01:16 AM   #5
Rip
Proud Redhead

Quote:

If you're not going to be in the park, get there early, buy express passes, and head to the back of the park first, as the crowd tends to head towards the sound stage houses first.

Personally, I love the Bill and Ted show.
Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 01:43 AM   #6
ServiceElevator
Earning My Ears

I'm Scottish. Would the Bill and Ted Show be relevant to me? Or is it mainly American themed jokes?
ServiceElevator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 02:07 AM   #7
Rip
Proud Redhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ServiceElevator View Post
I'm Scottish. Would the Bill and Ted Show be relevant to me? Or is it mainly American themed jokes?
It's mostly based on whatever has been popular in the US over the past year. However, I'd bet you'd still enjoy it.
Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 04:57 AM   #8
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

If you aren't going to be in the park before closing, it's important to remember to get in line outside the main gates as close to 5pm as possible. The line grows very quickly and also remember there are metal detectors that you have to pass through. Try not to bring anything in your pockets that would slow the line down. All those little delays add up.
Old 09-15-2012, 07:32 AM   #9
yaytezIOA
ioacentralveteran

Ditto. Get Express, get to the park no later than 5, and make a run to the back of the park.
Suggested house order:

House of Horrors
Alice Cooper
Penn&Teller

Walking Dead

Then Silent Hill, Gothic and Dead End....

The reasoning is this...do them in that order...the lines exit (for the most part on the first three) at the entrance to the next house. You won't have far to walk. Walking dead will be popular. Silent Hill will be popular.

Bill and Ted is a MUST DO EVERY YEAR. It's just not HHN without Bill and Ted. 20 Penny Circus will be quite fun as well...so you need to do that. Do your houses and shows first...then walk around the streets...the later it gets, the crazier the actors in the streets get.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: