Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2012, 06:10 PM   #601
TheMorgans
Mouseketeer

Alamo prices SOAR

I was trying to reduce the price for my Alamo rental for Sept 20-30 and was SHOCKED how much the prices have went up since I made my ressi about 3 months ago. I thought they would go down once it got closer. I have a great price $154 for Standard by using the Costco code and AA coupon, but I always want a better price. I'll keep trying every day.

TheMorgans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:44 PM   #602
mdsd8700
It's kind of fun to do the impossible

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorgans View Post
I was trying to reduce the price for my Alamo rental for Sept 20-30 and was SHOCKED how much the prices have went up since I made my ressi about 3 months ago. I thought they would go down once it got closer. I have a great price $154 for Standard by using the Costco code and AA coupon, but I always want a better price. I'll keep trying every day.
I agree it seems that prices are going up when you think they would be coming down. Especially for a trip like yours that is so close. Ours isn't until about mid-October and I was able to grab an amazing rate with Dollar last week when their prices were crazy low for 24 hours. However I keep checking as well just out of curiosity. I hope the rates come down for everyone who is still in need of a decent deal.

All Who Come To This Happy Place Welcome,
mdsd8700 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-12-2012, 07:25 PM   #603
webworm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodferry View Post
Has anyone seen much movement with National? We currently have a reservation 9/27-10/7 and ours came down a little this week, but not a whole lot, we are at $284 for a midsize with the KLM contract id. This is significantly higher than we have paid in the past. Could this be coming down further?
A midsize is $160 inc taxes with Budget through Costco.
http://www.costcotravel.com/#11_rentalCars
webworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:38 PM   #604
goodferry
DIS Veteran

Thanks! We aren't Costco members, though
Old 09-14-2012, 11:21 AM   #605
poppypetal
Mouseketeer

Check hot deals on Alamo, with the Costco code, and it has minivans for 264 tax in... with just the 7014627 and the AD2359fdf it is 654.
Not seeing anyone else close
Old 09-14-2012, 12:23 PM   #606
sunlover13
No Chef boyardee here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppypetal View Post
Check hot deals on Alamo, with the Costco code, and it has minivans for 264 tax in... with just the 7014627 and the AD2359fdf it is 654.
Not seeing anyone else close
Can you provide a link to this? I do not need a minivan, but wanted to check the price for a standard car. I checked alamo's website, but was not sure where to go for the hot deals.

Thanks.
Old 09-14-2012, 04:05 PM   #607
poppypetal
Mouseketeer

When you go to the alamo site, there is a reg tab kind looks like a luggage tag, says hot deals.
You have to pick the airport your leaving from, it has last minute deals up to the 17th.
Old 09-14-2012, 05:24 PM   #608
sunlover13
No Chef boyardee here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppypetal View Post
When you go to the alamo site, there is a reg tab kind looks like a luggage tag, says hot deals.
You have to pick the airport your leaving from, it has last minute deals up to the 17th.
Gotcha. We leave after the 17th. I was there, just wasn't sure what link to click on. Last minute.

Thanks!
Old 09-14-2012, 10:24 PM   #609
disneymarie
Its a rumour about the donuts...
Can we play Nancy Drew?

Grabbed the cheap great flight prices when Allegiant flew out of our local airport to Sanford.
The Minivan was pricey, about $400 back then, had to break down out of Sanford $499, for a minivan tonight.

That was Alamo, with the member, some reason the AARP rate went up to $600 a week and day,
Guess I can keep looking or save a bit by prepaying. I am not a Cosco member, Just; AAA, AARP, SAMs, Quick Silver or what ever they call it now.

I guess it is not just Sanford, must be MCO too? Getting close to Columbus Day break for kids.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:08 PM   #610
champ.49er
Mouseketeer

Costco's Budget is now much cheaper than Alamo's, but I've been reading about horror stories about Budget at MCO. I'm keeping both reservations as I don't think they will charge me if I let one expire.
champ.49er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:20 PM   #611
alicia080979
DIS Veteran

Thank you!

I just wanted to say thanks for the codes and tips in here. We picked up our Alamo rentals yesterday (traveling with friends). We both switched our full size to standard size, 9 days for $150. We got to Alamo and my friend & I went out the full size aisle while our DHs went to the rental counter. The full size lot had a bunch of minivans in it. I would say at least 8. We both got nice Town & Country vans.

We drove to Disney, checked in and hopped back in our vans to go to DTD where DH realized the passenger side door was infested with ants. Not just a few but everywhere coming out of the inside of the door. We finally got ahold of Alamo and they told us to go to the nearest Alamo to switch it out. We went to the Plaza one by DTD where they gave us a Dodge Caravan and told us to go to the MK Car Care center and get a new Town & Country if we wanted so we did that bc they are much nicer than the Caravan.

All in all, great customer service and I love the T&C van! Thanks again!!!

June 2014-POFQ Quick 4 night trip for SWW then off to the beach!

September 2014-Split Stay. 4 nights FD AKL, 10 nights BCV for F&W

Me DH DD (infant) DS (teen) Ellie :
alicia080979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:00 AM   #612
champ.49er
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia080979
I just wanted to say thanks for the codes and tips in here. We picked up our Alamo rentals yesterday (traveling with friends). We both switched our full size to standard size, 9 days for $150. We got to Alamo and my friend & I went out the full size aisle while our DHs went to the rental counter. The full size lot had a bunch of minivans in it. I would say at least 8. We both got nice Town & Country vans.

We drove to Disney, checked in and hopped back in our vans to go to DTD where DH realized the passenger side door was infested with ants. Not just a few but everywhere coming out of the inside of the door. We finally got ahold of Alamo and they told us to go to the nearest Alamo to switch it out. We went to the Plaza one by DTD where they gave us a Dodge Caravan and told us to go to the MK Car Care center and get a new Town & Country if we wanted so we did that bc they are much nicer than the Caravan.

What specific code did you use?
champ.49er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 01:05 PM   #613
DanenRox
Disney Junkies

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia080979 View Post

OK, gross to the ant part, but seriously....Mini vans in the full size aisle?
DanenRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 03:14 PM   #614
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanenRox View Post
OK, gross to the ant part, but seriously....Mini vans in the full size aisle?
Yes, mini vans do appear on the different rows now and then, sometimes even on compact. Depends on a lot of factors. Low on Full size cars but have a lot of mini vans, put the mini vans ont the full size row.
As to the ants, renters often leave a lot of food/garbage in the vans and the ants just hop on in.
gmeh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 04:22 PM   #615
DanenRox
Disney Junkies

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Does anyone know the cancellation policy with Alamo?
DanenRox is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: