Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2010, 08:39 PM   #1
ragtopday
Proud Member of Red Sox Nation

Vinylmation Help!

I admit it, I broke down.

I bought my first Vinylmation on eBay a few weeks ago. I love it.

This week I ordered two more "on sale" ($7.99) through Disney.com from the Parks 3 series. They came today and they don't wow me.

Can I trade them, like pins, next time I am in the World? I think I read/heard that somewhere.... Or shall I look into selling them on eBay?

I really love the various Urban series - if anyone wants to trade America Sings or Big Al for any Urban figure call me!

Last edited by ragtopday; 10-22-2010 at 08:45 PM.
ragtopday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 08:44 PM   #2
BeamsofLight
One of the 'They' in 'They say it's going to rain'
I do have very comical memories of me flushing

When we were there a couple of weeks ago, we were able to trade figures at places that sold them. They have a box that has various random figures in it, and you're supposed to have to pick a numbered square on the box and they'll give you whichever figure is in that square.

From our experience, the cast members will generally ask you if you're looking for a figure in particular, and then if they have that one in the box, they'll give you hints as to which square you're after. We were told a couple of times by the cast members doing it that Disney wanted it to be random, but that the cast members as a whole thought it was silly to deny someone the particular one they wanted.

Good luck finding ones you like!
~ Yearly visits with my parents 81 - 89 (offsite) - Contemporary Dec 07 - CBR May 91, 92, 96, 97, 01 - Aug 98 - Sept 00, 03 - Dolphin Oct 08 - GF Jan 10 - POFQ Sept 02 - Oct 08, 10 - Dec 07, 10 - Polynesian Dec 04 - WL Jan 04 - June 04 ~
BeamsofLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 08:49 PM   #3
disney david
DIS Veteran

Yes most cm will let you pick another number if you have that one some wont due to rules but you wont have a problem it my take a couple of shots but i think you might get one you want. Try d street in down town disney they might have the newest one since they sell them all and most people open them right there then will trade them in. So you will proberly have the best shot there due to the turn over. Good luck

Bring back Walter on the podcast we miss him
CHIP AND DALE ARE A LIST CHARACTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
disney david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 09:06 PM   #4
uneekstylez
Mouseketeer

OMG! I've become obsessed with buying and trading Vinylmation. There's a cool helpful video at the official Vinylmation website.

And like the PPs said, there's a mystery box you can trade out of. There's also a clear box that you can pick out of. DH and I would hop from store to store (that offered Vinylmation trades) and just trade for a good hour. It's so fun. And some CMs will be pretty strict (like they went by the book and just trade whatever number you picked) and others will be very lenient and let you pick again if you don't like what you got. There's a really nice CM that we loved trading with. Our last day, he basically laid out the mystery box in front of us and let us pick. So cool!

Here's the link the the video: http://eventservices.disney.go.com/s...on/events.html
Old 10-22-2010, 09:17 PM   #5
WaltD4Me
PS...I tried asking for water cups once
I am actually a princess

Sorry. Nevermind.
Lisa 1980 Poly, 92' Grand Floridian, Oct 98 Teddy & Doll Convention, Dec 2004 POFQ, May 05 40th Birthday!, May 06 OKW 41st Birthday! May 07 OKW 42nd Birthday! Feb 08 Pirate & Princess Party! Oct. 08 at OKW! 1st Solo Trip May 09! / November 2010 at OKW, 2013 at WDW and Crusing on the Dream
WaltD4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 08:51 AM   #6
ragtopday
Proud Member of Red Sox Nation

Thanks everyone! I will hang on to them and try my hand at the Mystery Box! The video really helped!

ragtopday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 09:13 AM   #7
*NikkiBell*
The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible

DISboards Moderator

Vinylmation trading has become HUGE over the past few months. During the early summer, they started mystery trading and no guess trading. The mystery trading involves a black box with numbered doors. You pick a number and that's the vinyl you get. The no guess trading is at every store now in WDW and DLR. There's a clear acrylic box by the registers or entrances to the store with three vinyls inside. You ask a CM to trade and pick the one you want. You can get some great ones this way.

I love Vinyl trading!! It's a lot of fun. Good luck!

disboards.com/blog.wdwinfo.com
Follow Me on Twitter

2011 - GC, Swan 2010 - AKLV
2009 - AKLV, DxDP/OKW, DDP 2008 - SSR, PFTS, MNSSHP/AKLV, 1st DVC Trip, DxDP 2007 - PC, MNSSHP 2006-7 - POFQ, Premium DP 2006 - PC 2005 - POFQ, Premium DP 2004 - PC, Silver Plan 1998 - ASMu 1997-94 - Off-Site
*NikkiBell* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 02:45 PM   #8
jodiey
Mouseketeer

When I was at Pop Century a few weeks ago I thought I saw a sign that said vinylmation trading everyday from 4-5. I'm not sure if that meant you could trade with other people or just with the CM's. I did see the clear box with 3 vinylmations in them that said trade me.
jodiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 06:31 PM   #9
disney david
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by krziekatie View Post
does anyone know if they still do this.?
Yes they do and even more locations me have a clear box with some and you can we and pick other have the number box and you pick a number. Some cms will allow you to pick two times I had some allow me to pick three times. The best spot would be d street because allot of people but them their wait and then trade them so they may have a better selection. They won't allow special event ones are their bit supposed to just like pins or limited additions tried to I forgot which one and they said no. So I kept the two it fun and some times I bein some from home to trade but i make sure it one I want before I give it up.

Bring back Walter on the podcast we miss him
CHIP AND DALE ARE A LIST CHARACTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
disney david is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: