Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2012, 06:00 PM   #166
Freckledginger
Mouseketeer

Thank You Cards

I haven't had an update lately, so I thought I'd post a photo of our Thank You cards.

Vendor: Two Pooch Paperie (http://www.etsy.com/shop/twopoochpaperie)

Early on in my wedding planning process, I came across this vendor and fell in love with her cute little crab invitation suite. Later, when I decided I wasn't really feeling the beach theme for the wedding and changed to the travel/international theme, the crab invites were left to gather dust in my Etsy favorites box. A couple weeks ago, I started looking for Thank You cards, and came across the crab design in a thank you card! It doesn't match my invitation suite or anything, but it just makes me happy.

The vendor, Kellie, was excellent. She set up a custom listing for me (for the number of invitations I wanted, colors, etc.), send me a proof right away, and had them printed/mailed relatively quickly.

I'm headed back to Alabama next week, where where the other components of the welcome bags shipped to. So hopefully, I should have some more updates in the next week or two! Hope everyone is having a good week!
Old 09-14-2012, 11:45 AM   #167
GrimGrinningVal
Disney Hotel Snob

Adorable cat names :} So you have a cat, kitten and bunny? All getting along nicely? Your thank you note design is really cute; I think it's fine that it doesn't match the design of your invitations. It all blends well

GrimGrinningVal is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-14-2012, 12:58 PM   #168
Freckledginger
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimGrinningVal View Post
Adorable cat names :} So you have a cat, kitten and bunny? All getting along nicely? Your thank you note design is really cute; I think it's fine that it doesn't match the design of your invitations. It all blends well
Aww, thanks! I agonize over pet names, so I appreciate the compliments!

I actually have two bunnies (Archie and Dolly), a cat (Bond), and the kitten (Miss Moneypenny). My dogs, two Australian Shepherds, were living with my parents while I was in vet school, and passed away last year sadly I didn't want to put them through the stress of Australian quarantine at their old ages, but I'm sorry I missed out on their last few years

As for my current menagerie, vets have a bit of a reputation for accumulating pets, and I'm definitely no exception to the rule. The group gets along as well as you could really want for predators and prey. They have separate areas of the house, and are only allowed together under supervision. The bunnies mostly ignore the cats, while the cats are very intrigued by the bunnies, but understand that they are not allowed to eat them. The kitten just follows them around, while Bond will go out and actually try to eat hay with them. It's quite humorous to watch as cats are not particularly adept at eating forage. I'm not quite sure of his reasoning behind this... Maybe he thinks we'll forget he's a cat, and leave him alone with them

Regarding the thank you cards, Thanks! I'm happy with them also. They're simple and cute, so they're working out well!
Old 09-14-2012, 04:21 PM   #169
JessieGlitter
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freckledginger View Post
I haven't had an update lately, so I thought I'd post a photo of our Thank You cards.

Early on in my wedding planning process, I came across this vendor and fell in love with her cute little crab invitation suite. Later, when I decided I wasn't really feeling the beach theme for the wedding and changed to the travel/international theme, the crab invites were left to gather dust in my Etsy favorites box. A couple weeks ago, I started looking for Thank You cards, and came across the crab design in a thank you card! It doesn't match my invitation suite or anything, but it just makes me happy.

The vendor, Kellie, was excellent. She set up a custom listing for me (for the number of invitations I wanted, colors, etc.), send me a proof right away, and had them printed/mailed relatively quickly.

I'm headed back to Alabama next week, where where the other components of the welcome bags shipped to. So hopefully, I should have some more updates in the next week or two! Hope everyone is having a good week!
I LOVE THEM!!!!!! They are the cutest cards!!!
JessieGlitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 09:02 PM   #170
GrimGrinningVal
Disney Hotel Snob

Sorry to here about your two Shepherds... I know how important our pets are to us. I'm sure your parents took good care of them and that they had a happy life. Pets current and past will always have a special place in our hearts. Your current menagerie sounds fun I can just picture the cats stalking the bunnies in curious pursuit! While I've never seen a cat eating hay, I do believe that some felines are just plain unique! lol...I think my cat was a dog in a past life!

GrimGrinningVal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:23 PM   #171
Goldeelox9
Our Disney Cruise Line Wedding ~ November 4, 2008

I Love those Thank you Cards! They are so cute. I really do not think it matters at all that they do not match the invites!
*-:¦:-Lisa -:¦:-*Click to read about my wedding :Our Disney Cruise Wedding, Don't miss my B2B on the Dream Trip Report. My newest trip report is Disneyland - DCL, Hawaii, Aulani & Disneyland Still a work in progress!

February 1982 - Off Site; June 1995 - Offsite; February 1998 - AllStar Music; February 2000 - Disney Magic; January 2002 - Carribean Beach Resort & Disney Wonder; January 2004 - Port Orleans Riverside & Disney Wonder; January 2006 - Pop Century; February 2007 - Pop Century; November 2008 - Disney Wonder Wedding & Animal Kingdom Lodge; November 2009 - All Star Movies, Treehouse Villas & Disney Wonder; December 2009 - All Star Music ; January 2011 - POFQ, BLT & Disney Magic Cruise;
September 2011, AKL & B2B - Disney Dream & Wilderness Lodge; January 2012 - Boardwalk; October 2012 - Grand Californian at Disneyland; October 2012 - Disney Wonder to Hawaii; October 2012 - Candy Cane Inn at Disneyland; February 2013 - BLT & Disney Dream & Beach Club Resort; May 2013 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; September 2013 - Polynesian & Fantasy; October 2013 - Art of Animation; December 2013 - Old Key West
Goldeelox9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:23 PM   #172
LittleKittyMarie
DIS Veteran

Your thank you cards are truly adorable! I agree that it doesn't matter if they match the invites, they're just too cute to pass up!
2013 WDW Wedding: BWV & GF | 2013 DCL: Fantasy 7-Night | 2013 ABD: BSM
LittleKittyMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:59 PM   #173
JBeanBunny
royal purple pigment

Those thank you cards are darling! I might have eaten some crab legs from Cabanas... BOY do I miss Cabanas already!

I just wanted to pop in and tell you that the raspberry buttercream was VERY tasty! I had it with white cake. We had our "cake cutting" bite, then they sent a piece of each layer to our room and served more at dinner that night. There was still SO much more cake that we didn't touch! I hope the servers got to eat it! I was bad, though and never tried the white cake with chocolate caramel filling, so not much to report on that end I'm not much of a "cake" person, otherwise I would've been in heaven! On a cruise there's just SO much good food to eat, cake kind of took a back seat to my Escargot, French Onion Soup, Steak and Lobster at Royal Palace that night!

Wah! I wanna go back! I guess I'll have to live in the excitement for you and Timmy and your upcoming wedding! I'm always SO thrilled to read your updates!
JBeanBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:20 PM   #174
Evi
DIS Veteran

Hi Ginger,

I think those thank you cards are adorable.

Sorry to hear about your pups. Many years and many pups I can relate. We always had a dog in the house since I was a baby. Its good that they were able to stay with your parents and not be uprooted I'm sure they were very happy.

Evi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:45 PM   #175
JBeanBunny
royal purple pigment

Hi Ginger!

I just wanted to pop in and say "Hi!" I hope you're settling in well after the move and that all of your wedding plans are going well, too! I'm getting so excited for you- it'll be here before you know it!
Old 09-30-2012, 12:53 AM   #176
miste2blue
Earning My Ears

Newbie PJ Follower

Hey Ginger,
I have very recently decided on a DCL wedding too! I'd love to hear how everything goes since you are so close to your date now..., as it looks like I will be on the Disney Dream for an onboard wedding in October of 2013! (yeah me!) My fiance is also not a huge lover of Disney, so I'm trying to incorporate a little bit of Disney where I can (and where he'll let me). :-) I've really enjoyed your PJ....I'm not sure that I am committed enough to the blogs to do my own PJ, but I have found yours VERY helpful! I hope your wedding day is as magical as it sounds!

Thanks for posting your info....

Misty
miste2blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:20 AM   #177
JBeanBunny
royal purple pigment

Quote:
Originally Posted by miste2blue View Post
Hey Ginger,
I have very recently decided on a DCL wedding too! I'd love to hear how everything goes since you are so close to your date now..., as it looks like I will be on the Disney Dream for an onboard wedding in October of 2013! (yeah me!) My fiance is also not a huge lover of Disney, so I'm trying to incorporate a little bit of Disney where I can (and where he'll let me). :-) I've really enjoyed your PJ....I'm not sure that I am committed enough to the blogs to do my own PJ, but I have found yours VERY helpful! I hope your wedding day is as magical as it sounds!

Misty
Hi Misty! I <3 Ginger's PJ and I'm dying to see how everything turns out!! If you're impatient like I am, Check out my PJ/TR because I just got married aboard the Dream about 2.5 weeks ago in the D Lounge. If you flip towards the end, I've got some wedding pictures (Still waiting on the professional ones from our photographers!) and I've started my Trip report- I should have the last 2/3 done within a few days. That way you can get a good idea of how an onboard wedding will go since Ginger's getting hitched on Castaway Cay (SO SOON! )!
Old 10-02-2012, 09:22 AM   #178
Freckledginger
Mouseketeer

Hi Ladies!!! I'm back!! Many apologies for the absence. I've been back home in Alabama this past week, and have also been preoccupied with job interviews in Texas. I know... 3.5 weeks away from my wedding and I'm interviewing for jobs... I'm crazy! Hopefully, the job stuff will wind down in the next couple of days, and I'll be able to immerse myself into the wedding. I have a ton of updates for the PJ! I'm going to respond to your posts now (thanks so much for continuing to post! It makes my day!), and will post a mammoth update later this evening.

Hope everyone is doing well!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessieGlitter View Post
I LOVE THEM!!!!!! They are the cutest cards!!!
Jessica! It's amazing all the darling stuff floating around on Etsy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimGrinningVal View Post
Sorry to here about your two Shepherds... I know how important our pets are to us. I'm sure your parents took good care of them and that they had a happy life. Pets current and past will always have a special place in our hearts. Your current menagerie sounds fun I can just picture the cats stalking the bunnies in curious pursuit! While I've never seen a cat eating hay, I do believe that some felines are just plain unique! lol...I think my cat was a dog in a past life!
Thank you for your kind words, Valerie. I miss my dogs too, but I know they had a wonderful life at the farm. They were able to herd cattle, run down to the pond for a swim, sun themselves on our front porch, go freely exploring on the ranch, and got way too many treats from my mom. What more really could an Australian Shepherd ask for? I take comfort in that, but it's still hard to lose them--especially when they had been in my life so long.

I'm having a lot of fun with the cats and bunnies though! Penny, the kitten, has grown so much since I've been away from Alabama! Unfortunately, she's moved on from her cute baby/cuddling phase and has now reached the toddler/attack any of your exposed body parts phase. Sigh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeelox9 View Post
I Love those Thank you Cards! They are so cute. I really do not think it matters at all that they do not match the invites!
Thank you, Lisa!! After reflecting on it further, I'm kinda happy they don't match the invitation suite. It'll be something new and different for people to receive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleKittyMarie View Post
Your thank you cards are truly adorable! I agree that it doesn't matter if they match the invites, they're just too cute to pass up!
Thanks Nicole!! I need to catch up on everyone's PJs, including yours! I'm excited to see how your plans are going!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBeanBunny View Post
Those thank you cards are darling! I might have eaten some crab legs from Cabanas... BOY do I miss Cabanas already!

I just wanted to pop in and tell you that the raspberry buttercream was VERY tasty! I had it with white cake. We had our "cake cutting" bite, then they sent a piece of each layer to our room and served more at dinner that night. There was still SO much more cake that we didn't touch! I hope the servers got to eat it! I was bad, though and never tried the white cake with chocolate caramel filling, so not much to report on that end I'm not much of a "cake" person, otherwise I would've been in heaven! On a cruise there's just SO much good food to eat, cake kind of took a back seat to my Escargot, French Onion Soup, Steak and Lobster at Royal Palace that night!

Wah! I wanna go back! I guess I'll have to live in the excitement for you and Timmy and your upcoming wedding! I'm always SO thrilled to read your updates!
Hi Jillian! Can't remember if I've said it already, but welcome home!! You're married!!! Yay!

Thanks for the compliments about the thank you cards! I've only sent two out, so I haven't had much of a response to them yet, but hopefully people will enjoy them.

I'm so thrilled to hear positive feedback about the cake, especially the raspberry filling!! I'm super excited about the cake (I have a ridiculous sweet tooth), and I'm really looking forward to trying both flavors hopefully!

I know what you mean about all the food on the cruise! I distinctly remember eating ALL the time on the last cruise on the Magic, so I'm sure it'll be hard to resist on the Dream. I'm trying to lose a few pounds in preparation I have no idea where we'll be eating on the night of our wedding. Since our wedding dinner will fall on pirate night, and all the menus are changed for that occasion, I figured I'd just roll the dice and see where DCL places us. Hopefully it'll be good!!

Going to catch up on your TR tonight! Can't wait to read all the details!! So exciting!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evi View Post
Hi Ginger,

I think those thank you cards are adorable.

Sorry to hear about your pups. Many years and many pups I can relate. We always had a dog in the house since I was a baby. Its good that they were able to stay with your parents and not be uprooted I'm sure they were very happy.
Hi Evi!
Thanks for the compliments (on the thank you cards) and condolences (on my aussies). Very kind of you to say

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBeanBunny View Post
Hi Ginger!

I just wanted to pop in and say "Hi!" I hope you're settling in well after the move and that all of your wedding plans are going well, too! I'm getting so excited for you- it'll be here before you know it!
Hi again Jillian!! hehe
Thanks for checking in on me! I have a massive amount of updates to post... my first dress fitting, welcome bag items, bridal party changes, engagement photos, flowers, etc. And I've still got heaps to do... including writing the ceremony I totally can relate to the stress you were feeling prior to your big day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by miste2blue View Post
Hey Ginger,

Misty
Hi Misty!!!
Thanks so much for posting! It's great to hear from you! Congratulations on your engagement and planning a DCL wedding! October 2013 sounds great! Are you also doing a sailing around Halloween?

Yeah, the fiance being reluctant toward Disney details can be a bit discouraging at first (especially since so many brides on the DIS incorporate these fabulous Disney details into their weddings), but you eventually find a vibe that works for you all as a couple. As you already know from reading my PJ, Timmy and I are doing a travel/multi-cultural relationship inspiration for our wedding, but I've managed to work in a fair amount of subtle Disney stuff. Timmy's big thing was, "I'm okay with a bit of it if it's done in a sophisticated way," so I've managed to incorporate some Disney (via hidden Mickeys, Fastpass inspired DP invitation, having a Wishes DP, and some other things I haven't posted yet--stay tuned ). So my advice would be plan it like it's a non-Disney themed wedding, and over the course of working out everything, you'll figure out fun ways to incorporate Disney elements

I understand not having the time to do a PJ, but I hope you'll update us with your plans here or on the DCL brides thread. It'd be fantastic to hear what you're planning!!!
Old 10-02-2012, 10:22 PM   #179
Freckledginger
Mouseketeer

Ok, Ladies. Here is the first of several updates. I'll try to get the rest out tomorrow for your perusal

1) Dining Assignments
After turning in my planning guide, I asked Meredith if I could request seating assignments for dinner. She said that once Disney had my final party size (38 guests), they would get back to her with the types of tables needed. I was then notified that our group would be split into two server groups. Each group would have one 4 top and two 8 tops with 1 vacant seat. Timmy and I fiddled around with potential seatings, and finally decided just to mix everyone up. I'm sure people will switch spots over the course of the cruise anyways, so why not put them with people they haven't really gotten the chance to know very well. Hopefully this turns out to be a good plan!

2) DCL Wedding Itinerary
I received my Preliminary DCL Event Itinerary on September 13th. Meredith told me to review this carefully (there were some typos in it), write in any changes needed, and fax back with payment for the additional guest fees. The approximate schedule for all the wedding events are as follows:
Embarkation Day: Meet & Greet with Groups Manager from 2:30-3:00
Nassau: Free
Castaway Cay:
-8-9 am: Hair appointments for myself and my mother
I spoke to Meredith about the possibility of getting hair appointments for my other two bridesmaids, and she recommended speaking to the Onboard Coordinator and Salon when on the ship. If we can't work something out with the salon, they are planning to do their own hair.
-10-11 am: Ceremony
-11 am -12 pm: Cake and Champagne Celebration
On my planning guide, I included approximate numbers of how many guests I thought would prefer a specific beverage (champagne vs sparkling cider). I guess DCL completely overlooked this, because on the itinerary, 5 bottles of champagne were listed and only 1 bottle of cider. Rather than take any of the champagne away, as some of our guests love their bubbles (me included ), I decided to add 2 extra bottles of cider and just pay the difference. Hopefully that'll be enough for everyone to have a decent sized glass in celebration.

3) Bridal Party
-1 Maid of Honor, Bride's sister
-1 Bridesmaid, Bride's best friend from college
-3 House Party Members: 2 of the groom's sisters and 1 of the Bride's friends from vet school
-1 Best Man, Groom's best friend
-1 Groomsman, Groom's friend from college
-2 Ushers: Groom's brothers in law

For those not familiar with a House Party, there's an excellent explanation here: http://bellsandbouquets.blogspot.com...they-wear.html It's a Southern traditional, and the members are basically the female equivalent of ushers. I wanted to keep my bridal party small due to the size of the wedding, but their were people I still wanted to recognize. So my mom suggested a House Party, and I thought it was a great idea. Members get a special role in the wedding (eg. doing a reading in the ceremony), receive a gift, and take part in photos, but don't have to worry about buying a specific dress.

4) Wedding Attire Updates
We're still ironing out a few details, but here's some of the wedding attire.

Timmy will be wearing a grey J Crew suit

Bowtie, suspenders, and shoes TBD

Here's a photo of my first dress fitting.

It went really well! The dress mostly fit--just has to be taken in at the top, hemmed at the bottom, and cups sewn into the bust. Please ignore the atrocious face I'm making in the photo. It was not a good photo day for me, haha. My veil will be that color (I wanted a matching blush veil, but everyone told me the cream was gorgeous with the light blush color), but much shorter! Just past fingertip length. My mom tried to talk me into a cathedral length veil cause she loved how it cascaded behind the dress, until I gave her a polite "are you crazy" look. I cannot imagine trying to run around the ship, let alone walk in the sand, with a cathedral length veil. No M'am was my response I still need to work out jewelry...

My sister also got her maid of honor dress in. It's a cornflower blue, and I think looks really cute on her. We've got to do a few minor alterations, but otherwise it seems to work well. I really love the white sandals she found as they have a detail that echoes the neckline of the dress

The Ringbearer attire is being made by a lady on Etsy. It's going to be a pair of grey knickers, grey suspenders, white collared shirt, blue bowtie, and newsboy hat.
Vendor: finehandmadeclothing

Think it'll be really cute I've got to decide on shoes still... The Ringbearer is Timmy's nephew, Reuben. He's only 1.5, so in lieu of trying to get him to hold a pillow, I came across these flags on Etsy (think it'll be easier to hold)
Vendor: Joyfuljoyful

What do you all think thus far? Am I on the right track? I don't have photos of the other bridesmaid dress yet or the groomsmen attire.

Hope everyone is having a good night!!!
Old 10-03-2012, 04:07 AM   #180
ccbride412
Mouseketeer

Ginger! Less than a month!

That's the only bad thing about a CC wedding, it's Pirate Night that night! DF and I had such cute outfits planned and had to change everything up! On the other hand, when they do the party and fireworks, it's like they're doing them to celebrate your big day!

I also wanted to say how sad I am for you about your dogs. I am in the same situation. My little catahoula is living at my parents while I'm in Spain and my mom told me before I left to be prepared that she might not make it until I get back. I do miss her , but I feel she's having a great time at my parents' with my mom working from home and being able to go swimming at my sister's!

Good luck in your interviews and settling in!

WDW countless times with family and friends since I grew up down the road. With my fiance!-WDW May 21, 2010, DL Paris Jan 1, 2011 (just before he proposed) and our wedding/honeymoon Castaway Cay and WDW and DL April 3, 2012!! Probably DL Asia for our 5 year anniversary!

ccbride412 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: