Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-14-2012, 11:27 AM   #1
KimR
DIS Veteran
Needs to lay off the Murder Mysteries before Dental Appointments!

New to excercising - how long to see results?

I'm going to be honest here. I hate to exercise. I'd much rather read a book, go shopping, watch a movie, have a root canal....you get the picture. I feel great AFTER my workout, but it takes a lot of motivation to actually get started and I don't enjoy it while I'm doing it. Fortunately, it's never been too much of an issue for me since I've always been naturally thin. However, as I've gotten older I've noticed a general lack of muscle tone and flabbiness even though I'm still far from overweight.

So now, having turned 50, I've decided I better start an exercise program in order to prevent the inevitable weight gain as I age. I started off doing pilates. I do 2 10-minute youtube videos about 4 times a week for about 2 months now. In additional I've started doing zumba a few weeks ago, starting with 20 minutes working up to an hour now. I feel good that I'm doing something positive for my health, but I've seen NO results, aside from a little firming in my butt. Maybe a little in my legs, too, but it's hard to tell. This is so frustrating! I know I need to exercise for the health benefits as well as looks, but it's going to be very hard to keep my motivation if I'm not actually seeing a change in my body. How long does it take to see results from this? Am I doing something wrong or am I just too old to expect to achieve firmness and a toned body?

2000 - GF; 2000 - BC; 03 - GF; 04 - YC; 05 - GF; 06, 07 - YC; 08 - GF; 09, 10 - YC; 12 - YC

Just the basics:
Are two-year-olds too young to go to Disney? It depends upon their temperament. One way to find out: take them there. After all, they're only young for a short time. You're sure to enjoy your trip if you plan ahead! AND - don't forget those all-important dining reservations; they fill up so fast it's ridiculous. Have I forgotten anything? Oh yes - I'd advise you to carry a small purse or bag for loose items so you don't lose them on rides. You'll have a great vacation if you follow my advice!
KimR is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: