DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2012, 06:55 PM   #1
kwdw
DIS Veteran

Two places to sleep at one?

Okay - DUMB question... but what would you do?

I'll be a renter on someone's points - that's agreed upon. I really want to stay at BLT - but there is only one day available in the middle of my dates. I could stay all 6 nights at SSR. I don't really want to do 2 nights SSR, 1 night BLT, then back to 3 nights at SSR... because I don't want to move my stuff twice. That's three check-ins and two moves yuck.

Can I book the straight 6 nights at SSR AND the one night at BLT in the middle - THEN - the switch morning - take my overnight supplies with me to BLT to check-in - leaving my main stuff in the room at SSR. Then - when I leave BLT after my night - just go back to SSR that evening without having to check-in (since I never checked out) or move stuff? I realize I'd be paying the cost of points twice for one night - but my time is money when on vacation.... Is that allowed?

I'm a renter only and been trying to get a night or two at BLT for about 2 years now and since I can't book far in advance - I know I'm never gonna get BLT for anything substantial. I think it's fun to check out the other resorts and this is the first time a night has been available at all.

I just don't know if they can have me staying at two places on one night...
Old 09-13-2012, 07:03 PM   #2
DMKEDM
DIS Veteran

You should have no problem at all with what you describe...there may be an issue with the name on the reservation (is anyone going with you whose name you could use as the lead name on the BLT reservation, just to be safe?)...but since the "double-booked night" is in the middle of a week-long reservation, it shouldn't be an issue...

We did something similar just a couple of months ago...wanted "front-of-the-line" and early access at Harry Potter at Universal, but didn't want to move all our stuff...so I kept my OKW reservation for the entire week, but we also booked just one night, in the middle of the week, at a Universal hotel...it worked out great...half our party slept at the Universal hotel and half returned to OKW, but we were all booked in both places that same night...it was just a matter of personal preference as to who stayed where...

Anyway, I wouldn't hesitate to book as you describe, altho someone may come along and point out a problem I haven't thought of or heard of...

Good luck
DMKEDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:17 AM   #3
spruce
DIS Veteran

We have done a this too in order to have 2 pool days at sab, check in and out days.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: