Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Coping and Compassion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-14-2012, 08:43 AM   #9
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alysa View Post
So many of you have such strong and beautiful stories. A friend recently told me that when your mum passes away you never stop missing them. I'd be satisfied with being able to go through the day without crying. My mum died over a month ago and left such a hole. I used to talk to her every day and now I feel so sad and alone. We used to talk on the phone every day and now there is so much I wish I could tell her. I can't imagine how hard it will be to not introduce her grandson to her. God, I miss her so much.
Hugs and prayers to all of you who are hurting right now.
We have all been where you are right now. Your firend is right, you will never stop missing her, and you shouldn't. My grandfather passed away in 1979, my favorite aunt in 1996, my grandmother in 2001 (just 5 months before I got married) and my mom in 2008 and I still miss them all. We were very, very close. My mom, I miss the most, of course.

Your loss is still so fresh, allow yourself time to mourn, cry everyday, more thn once if you feel like it. I know that feeling like something is missing, my mom lived with me and I was with her when she collapsed, that is something I will NEVER forget, but it does get easier. I felt guilty, because I got through the anniversary of her death and didn't cry, but I know that it was ok not to cry, she wouldn't want me to cry. I read something on facebook this morning that a friend posted about mising your mom and I cried. I cried almost constantly the first year, but someone stepped into my life and brought me back out of that and it was like I woke up again.

Tell her what you want to, she can hear you, she probably knows before you can even tell her. She will see her grandson, maybe not in the traditional way, but she will and I am sure she is smiling down on you everyday. She will always be there no matter what. I have had a few times, where I felt my mom there and she saved my life at least once.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: