Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2012, 09:01 PM   #1
LivinADream
Mouseketeer

DCL Bus Question Please???

We are staying at AKV prior to leaving on our cruise on the Fantasy 9/22 and have recvd all our info and ME stuff but also paid for the DCL bus to and from port and have not recvd anything for that yet. It's getting really close shouldn't we have the transfer tickets and luggage tags yet or do we get those at the resort when we arrive ??

Thanks!!
Old 09-13-2012, 09:36 PM   #2
diz2011
Earning My Ears

If my memory serves me correctly, I think this is how it went...
We stayed at BCV the night before our cruise and did DME from the airport...the tags for that came in our DME packet. I believe our cruise luggage tags were in our cruise packet that came from DCL. When we arrived at BCV they gave us our instructions for the DCL transfers (meeting time and location). We also needed to remove the DME tags and replace them with the DCL tags we had received, and had to have all of our bags (minus what we were carrying on) ready for pick-up by 8am the morning of our cruise. Next time we saw our bags, they were waiting outside our stateroom by about 4:30.

Have a great cruise!!
diz2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-13-2012, 09:36 PM   #3
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Your luggage tags TO the port should be in the mailing your should have gotten from the cruise line--the little book that looks sort of like an advertising piece. There is a pocket inside that contains the luggage tags. If you don't get them, no worries--the bellman at AKL can supply them for you. Also...if you booked your resort stay thru DCL, you might have the combined luggage tags that cover ME and the cruise.

You'll get the return tags on board the ship. Your KTTW will be coded to show that you purchased return transfers.

If you booked your WDW stay thru any means other than thru DCL, you'll get 2 packages--one from Magical Express with those tags and a separate one from DCL. As above, in that case you will remove the DME tags and apply the DCL tags; your bags will be taken from your hotel room about 8 am and you'll next see them on the ship. If you have any questions after arriving at ALK, the bell services desk can handle them and will have tags if needed.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:33 AM   #4
LivinADream
Mouseketeer

OK thanks much. We recvd our DCL packet but no luggage tags. We did however add the transportation after the orig. booking so maybe thats why. As long as they can handle it at AKV we're good. Can't wait!! We only have cruised once before did a 4 day on the Dream a year ago and loved it!! So really looking forward the extra time on board.
Thanks Again and Have a Magical Day!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: