Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2012, 02:59 PM   #1
TCO
Disney Geek

Highs and lows 09/09/12 -13/09/12

Hi all just back today from 4 amazing nights at Disney and thought we should fill you all in on the highs and lows:

Highs (the first two are massive massive all encompassing highs)

- Seqouia lodge, pretty much everything about this could be a separate point but it was all great, the rooms were really nicely done with just the right amount of theming, the pool was great and it was fantastic being in walking distance to the parks
- the parks themselves, after doing Florida a couple of times since I last went to DLP I wasn't expecting much in comparison but the parks especially Disneyland itself are stunning, the castle area is even better than the magic kingdom and we hardly saw a piece of litter anywhere. The rides were great as well for Arlo's first trip
- parent switch, this worked brilliantly for us when we used it
- dreams was fantastic, the effects were brilliant but I slightly prefer Wishes for the story and music, we had a spot on the grass on the left between the paths to adventure land and frontierland

A bit of both:

- CDG airport - horrendous on arrival and immigration was just terrible with no organisation, on departure it was fine though and terminal 2e is really nice
- RS transports, we paid for shared shuttles and had private each way and the driver was on time for pick up on arrival but had no baby seat, he was 30 minutes late on departure due to an accident but we were still in plenty of time
- food, we found the food offerings to be a bit limited but having said that my hotdog from Caseys was good as far as €7 hotdogs go and Nikki said her pasta from bella notte was nice enough
- characters, we met a lot and it was amazing watching Arlo grow in confidence and even hug Mickey and Baloo on the last day but the scrums for some was just too much, the rudeness of some folk is shocking really, I know it's exciting to see Donald but if your an adult there is no need to nearly elbow my 15 month old son in the face

Lows:

- smoking! I knew to expect it but somehow it still took me by surprise when someone would walk past smoking, it seems so un-Disney somehow, one day I even saw a lad smoking weed in fantasyland, I tried to find a castmember but it was parade time so couldn't find one in reach

I'm being picky with those and too broad with some positives but it was an amazing trip overall, really really great!
Old 09-13-2012, 03:02 PM   #2
TCO
Disney Geek

http://i.imgur.com/JF8DN.jpg
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-13-2012, 03:11 PM   #3
Christieand
Mouseketeer

We stayed at the Sequoia last week and thought it was lovely too. I'd go there again tomorrow if I was asked!
Shame about the smoking (especially the weed! I would have been horrified!) it would be much nicer for non-smokers if they stuck to the designated areas but I suppose it is their right to do what they want
I think we both found the same spot for Dreams! I was glad we didn't have to stand whilst we waited.
Glad you had a good trip overall
Sequoia Lodge, April 2013 (TR here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3099510)

Christieand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 03:14 PM   #4
TCO
Disney Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christieand View Post
We stayed at the Sequoia last week and thought it was lovely too. I'd go there again tomorrow if I was asked!
Shame about the smoking (especially the weed! I would have been horrified!) it would be much nicer for non-smokers if they stuck to the designated areas but I suppose it is their right to do what they want
I think we both found the same spot for Dreams! I was glad we didn't have to stand whilst we waited.
Glad you had a good trip overall
I didn't think going on the grass was kosher but the grassy areas were packed, it was nice until someone decided to stand on the bench infront but they sat down after a bit

I loved the Tangled section of it
Old 09-13-2012, 03:22 PM   #5
Christieand
Mouseketeer

We thought the same but because other people were on it and no one was saying anything we thought why not! The second time we saw it people stood up to the loud protests of lots of people who wanted to stay sitting. Needless to say they sat down! Oh me too by far, I love Tangled and the bit in Dreams was just lovely
Sequoia Lodge, April 2013 (TR here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3099510)

Old 09-13-2012, 03:29 PM   #6
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christieand View Post
We thought the same but because other people were on it and no one was saying anything we thought why not!

That's exactly the same as the smokers You aren't supposed to be on the grass either but the Cms give up saying anything as people just keep going back on

Vive la différence
Carrie_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 03:31 PM   #7
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

Welcome back Tom

Glad to see that you had a great time and your little one looks very happy on that photo

When are you off back ?

Vive la différence
Carrie_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 03:34 PM   #8
Christieand
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie_Cat View Post
That's exactly the same as the smokers You aren't supposed to be on the grass either but the Cms give up saying anything as people just keep going back on
Now I feel bad! We did actually ask one cast member and he said it was okay to sit on that one but not one of the other ones nearer the Dreams control area bit...definitely wouldn't have done it if I had known. Too late now I suppose...

Old 09-13-2012, 04:00 PM   #9
TCO
Disney Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie_Cat View Post
Welcome back Tom

Glad to see that you had a great time and your little one looks very happy on that photo

When are you off back ?
Ha ha I'd happily book for next year but I think the plan is to save for WDW 2014 as its the last summer we can take advantage of going out of school term time

As an aside we met the most charming Cast member I've ever come across at the bag check area between the hotels and the village. He seemed to enjoy telling tales of how he loves to dance and drink champagne, he was hilarious!
Old 09-14-2012, 01:55 AM   #10
tinks_1989
need a like button

I love the picture of you all with baloo!

Will you be doing a TR? we are off in 11 days with DD who is 18 months I would love to read a TR about a family of three taking their little one
tinks_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 04:01 AM   #11
TCO
Disney Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinks_1989 View Post
I love the picture of you all with baloo!

Will you be doing a TR? we are off in 11 days with DD who is 18 months I would love to read a TR about a family of three taking their little one
I'll have a look but I'm not even really sure how to do one ha

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: