DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2012, 01:11 PM   #1
Belle & Ariel
DIS Veteran

Thinking about Renting my Points

When we are not at Disney we are cruising and we have done that a lot lately, so points have accumulated. I have my eye on a cruise instead of my planned upcoming vacation but need to find a use for my points.
I do not feel comfortable renting myself after reading problems people have had. I would give the points to a friend before going that route.
How safe is it to use David's? If a renter damaged or ran up a bill, would I still be responsible?
Anyone have experiences good or bad with him?
Thanks!
Belle & Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:25 PM   #2
CarolAnnC
Caught Smuggling Jello Shot Syringes From PI
Likes to shoot off her glock in chat
Goin' to the Chapel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle & Ariel View Post
When we are not at Disney we are cruising and we have done that a lot lately, so points have accumulated. I have my eye on a cruise instead of my planned upcoming vacation but need to find a use for my points.
I do not feel comfortable renting myself after reading problems people have had. I would give the points to a friend before going that route.
How safe is it to use David's? If a renter damaged or ran up a bill, would I still be responsible?
Thanks!
Yes, because you are the owner...
Register to remove

Old 09-12-2012, 07:48 PM   #3
double r
Mouseketeer

I have rented my points thru Daves a few times and had no problem as far as his buisness goes he was top notch, I guess you could get a bad renter.
double r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:30 PM   #4
Disneypapa
OKW owner since 2002

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Using David's, doesn't change the liability scenario, if the renter tears up the place.
Disneypapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:34 PM   #5
WebmasterDoc
Administrator

DISboards Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle & Ariel View Post
Thanks!
Over the past 14+ years here on the DIS I can think of only 3 occasions where a member reported a problem with a renter regarding unpaid room charges. All three were resolved (at least one was a family member). I cannot think of any reports where a member was charged by Disney for damages to a villa.

The resort will ask for a credit card in order to allow charging privileges on the KTTW card. In the few cases reported, there was a problem with the card when the charges were run at checkout. I don't remember any suspicion that there was any intent to defraud Disney. Instead of vigorously going after the renter who occupied the villa, DVC just attached the member's account and would not allow any reservations to made until the matter was resolved.

The same issues are involved whether the room was occupied by the Member, their family member or a renter and whether or not the rental was managed personally or through a broker.

Regardless, three (unverified) reports in 14+ years doesn't reach the standard for significant concern in my book.
Old 09-13-2012, 02:11 PM   #6
fatfish
DIS Veteran

I just rented out some points thru David for the first time. And they were soon-to-expire points as well. He rented them in a week. It was painless! I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
March 2009 at SSR Aug 2009 land/sea adventure SSR / DCL

Spring Break 2010 & 2011 at Animal Kingdom Christmas 2011 on the DCL!
2013 birthday cruise on the Disney Magic!

Me dd
fatfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:19 PM   #7
AZ Navy Wife
Is it wrong that we want to live in Disneyland?

We have rented out our points with The Timeshare Store. The transaction was very smooth. I have not used David's company, so I can not speak for them. However, TTS was wonderful and had my points rented less than 24 hours later. I hope that it works out for you!
AZ Navy Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:10 PM   #8
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

If you don't want to rent out your points, get TTS to find someone who would like to transfer them in (at least the current year points). If the points are in the other owner's account and they make the reservation themself, there's no liability on you ....
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
taaren is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: